Ch.5

Only in the Apocalypse ~Book 3~

Ch.5


~Last time~

 

“What the hell?” Jeonghan asked, quickly moving to check the car.

 

“Where is Myon and Chung Gi?” Miri asked, quickly looking around the area.


~Now~

 

“I don't understand...” Miri said, holding her hair in her hands.

 

“What do you mean? It's clear they were taken.” Danay said, pointing at how the car looked.

 

“There is no struggle and their weapons are missing. So either they pulled off the road quickly and ditched the car...or something happened and we need to find them, like...now.” Miri said, looking at the ground for any kind of tracks.

 

“Maybe both?” Jeonghan asked, pointing at a clear line going through the dirt.

 

“Grab weapons. Let's go.” Miri said, running back to the jeep to grab her weapons.

 

All of them followed the line to a building on the other side of building they parked in front of.

 

“I feel like now would be a good time to say that i've never been a good fighter. Not so great at aiming either.” Danay said, holding onto a katana similar to Chaeri's.

 

“Just hit the head. That's all that matters.” Jeonghan said, quickly coming to a stop next to the wall.

 

“There is no way my brothers made it through here.” Miri said, looking at the giant group of zombies.

 

“Maybe they just got here...either way, we need to go around them.” Jeonghan whispered, looking around the area.

 

“Over there.” Danay said, pointing to a small alleyway not too far away.

 

“Well...let's go then.” Miri said, quickly moving across the wall and into the alley.

 

“That was easier than I thought.” Danay mumbled, coming up behind Miri.

 

“It won't always be like that.” Jeonghan said, patting her shoulder.

 

They continued down the alley until coming across a slightly open door.

 

“That's not suspicious at all.” Miri grumbled, rolling her eyes.

 

“No time to ponder on it. They've caught our scent.” Jeonghan said, rushing into the building.

 

“Obviously.” Miri said, pulling Danay in before closing the door as tightly as possible.

 

“Now how do we get out?” Danay asked, jumping back a little as the first zombie reached the door and slammed on it.

 

“We were wondering the same thing.” a deep voice said, causing everyone to quickly turn around.

 

Miri made a gurggling noise before jumping onto Myon and Chung Gi.

 

“I THOUGHT YOU WERE KIDNAPPED!!!” Miri screeched, punching them both on the arm after she moved away.

 

“Wouldn't it be...adult-napped?” Myon asked, looking at Chung Gi.

 

“I hate you.” Miri said, glarring at her twin.

 

“I can live with that. Just never screech again.” Myon said, giving her a double thumbs up.

 

“I agree. We need to climb back up. There is a room at the top that seems like a giant vault...only you can actually open it from the inside. We were hoping they would move on so we could get back to searching.” Chung Gi said, moving towards a set of stairs.

 

“How long have you been in here?” Jeonghan asked, looking back at the door.

 

“A few hours. We were driving down the road and saw the heard heading towards us so we stopped and ran into here. The saw us running and followed our path but the vault thing covered our scents and the all drifted back out.” Chung Gi said, looking down behind them.

 

“And we get to do it all again?” Danay asked, following Chung Gi's gaze.

 

“No. Because unlike our es, you closed the door on them. However, better safe than sorry.” Myon said, shrugging his shoulders.

 

“They should be gone before nightfall. After they leave, we should head back to the others. It's not good to be searching at night while there is a heard out. There could be strays and to be honest, I don't have that kind of energy right now.” Miri said, watching the vault open before stepping inside.

 

“Alright. I want to know what this building used to be.” Jeonghan said, walking in behind her.

 

“Can we just stay here?” Danay asked, complete amazment taking over her face.

 

Inside the vault was a bunk bed and a lone twin sized bed on oposite sides as well as a small cabinet next to the lone bed.

 

“It's not all that.” Chung Gi said, opening up the empty cabinet.

 

“I knew it was too good to be true.” Danay grumbled, taking over the lone bed.

 

“How will we know when the heard is gone?” Miri asked, glancing at the two boys.

 

Instead of answering, Chung Gi went to one of the walls and pushed a button. It opened the wall to look like a window and they could see straight into the alley bellow.

 

“Okay. Now I want to know what this place used to be.” Miri said, looking out the window.

 

“Maybe we can find a map somewhere?” Danay said, standing up and pushing every part of the wall she could.

 

“Never thought of that...” Myon said, following suit.

 

“You found out that the wall turns into a window and you didn't try pressing anything else?” Miri asked, raising an eyebrow at her brother.

 

“That was discovered by accident. Let's all just poke at the walls and ask questions later.” Myon said, his saltiness becoming apparent.

 

“Alright Salt Lake City.” Miri grumbled, moving towards the bunk bed and pushing the wall behind it.


….......I finally got back to the others XD I wasn't going to let all the leaders get captured :P Anyways, this is just the start of the mysterious vault search so stay tuned for the next chapter :) Baibai <3

 

Danay's katana: