Ch.12

Only in the Apocalypse ~Book 3~

Ch.12


~Last time~

 

“Night night.” I mumbled, closing the door and heading to flop on the bed.

 

The world quickly went black as I got comfortable on the bed.


~Now~

 

I woke up the next morning to people whispering outside my trailer and quickly got dressed to find out what was going on.

 

“What is going on out here?” I ask, looking between Miri, HyunAe, and Hyun Jung.

 

“We were wondering if you'd like to spar with us. Some of the guys and girls are joining in today for a joint effort kind of thing.” HyunAe said, turning to me as she spoke.

 

“Uhh..sure I guess. We should probably go eat breakfast first.” I say, stepping out of my trailer and locking the door.

 

“Yay. More food.” Miri said, a grin lighting up her face.

 

“Always food with this one.” Hyun Jung mumbles, shaking her head at Miri.

 

“Like you're any better Hyun Jung.” I say, looking over at her with a straight face.

 

“Shut up.” she grumbles, rolling out the u before crossing her arms.

 

“Nahhh.” I laugh, watching her try and tighten her arms even more.

 

We reach the tent and enter, seeing that pretty much everyone is already there.

 

“Let's go over there.” HyunAe says, pointing in the direction of Minghao.

 

“Sure.” I say, shrugging my shoulders and we all walk in that direction.

 

“Nice to see you could join us.” JR says, looking up from his plate of food.

 

“You're the one that didn't wake me before you left so off.” I say, glaring holes into his head.

 

“You two still share the same trailer?” Jeonghan asks, glancing over at JR with a raised eyebrow.

 

“Yeah. Jihoon said that Catherine still wants him to stay in the medical tent for a few more days to make sure that the wound is going to heal properly.” JR says, looking back down at his food.

 

“Well, thankfully she cleared me this morning.” Jihoon says, coming up behind us.

 

“That's great.” Jeonghan says, showing a thumbs up before putting a forkful of food in his mouth.

 

“It really is. Can we see the scar?” Miri asks, looking over at Jihoon with wide eyes.

 

“Uhhh....maybe when it's completely healed.” Jihoon says, moving back a little.

 

“Jihoon has never been one for showing his body.” JR says, shaking his head at the idea.

 

“Shall we eat? I heard that they put up a really good fight.” Hyun Jung asks, sitting down next to Dino.

 

“Not that much of a fight.” I say, snorting at the fact that Wade still had a black eye.

 

“I'm gonna eat either way.” Miri says, plopping down next to Jeonghan.

 

“Of course you are.” Jeonghan says, laughing at her when she showed him tongue.

 

“Can I talk to you real fast?” Jihoon asks, putting his hand on my waist.

 

“I guess.” I say, smiling at Miri before walking away.

 

“I'm sorry for last night. I didn't mean to hurt you by saying that I'd rather be outside watching over our people rather than spend some time with you after being in a coma for a week. I know it must have been hard and I'm sorry.” Jihoon says, speaking so fast I can hardly comprehend what he said.

 

“You don't have to be sorry Jihoon. I know that everyone's safety should be a priority, especially with the circumstances. I should be the one saying sorry.” I reply, looking at the ground.

 

“I guess we can both be sorry. I thought you were gonna stop talking to me.” Jihoon said, breathing a sigh of relief.

 

“I would never be able to do that, but you really need to speak slower when apologizing for something.” I say, laughing when his face scrunches up.

 

“I don't talk fast...” he mumbles, confusion on his face.

 

“Yes you do, but it's okay. Let's go get something to eat. I'd love to make Wade's other eye black.” I say, getting ready to walk inside.

 

Jihoon stopped me by grabbing my wrist and giving me a small kiss.

 

“That's for worrying you while I was in the coma. Let's go.” he says, smiling as he pulls me to the tent.

 

“Apologize like that more often.” I say, laughing when I hear him trying to sniffle a laugh.

 

We walk inside hand-in-hand and sit down with the others to enjoy our food.

 

“So are you all joining us for sparing later?” Angela asks, coming over to our table.

 

“Yep. Make sure Wade is ready this time.” I say, smiling up at her.

 

“I'm sure he is.” she says, leaving about as fast as she arrived.

 

“I don't like her.” Miri says, staring at the girl as she walked away.

 

“Most people don't. That's Wade's girlfriend, Angela. She's the middle born of triplets.” I say, watching as well.

 

“There is the ultimate reason not to like her.” HyunAe says, munching on a piece of bread.

 

“We should hurry up and finish. I have some clothes that the girls can wear when we fight. It's best if you guys change out of what you are wearing since you'll need to move a lot.” I say, starting to eat my food.

 

“Ohhhh....new clothes.” Miri says, a grin sitting on her face.

 

“New fighting clothes, even better.” HyunAe said, a grin similar to Miri's also on her face.

 

“Dear god I feel sorry for whoever they have to spar against.” Jeonghan says, looking between his girlfriend and HyunAe.

 

“You and me both.” Minghao says, slowly shaking his head in pity for the other people.

 

A few minutes later everyone was sitting at the table resting their stomachs when Miri and HyunAe suddenly grinned at each other.

 

“We're ready!” they scream together, causing a few of the boys at the table to jump.


…...........Next chapter we get to see some sparing and some hardcore kick-assery from both the girls and guys. I hope you guys liked the chapter and I told you Chaehoon wouldn't stay mad at each other for long XD Anyways, see you guys next time! Baibai! <3