006

(BxB) Strangers' Fate
Please log in to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1]Caring future dad[/CONTENTID1]

[CONTENTID2]“Another meal.” Seungkwan said as he put the food on Jihoon’s table. Jihoon looked up and found Seungkwan. The younger was smiling sheepishly. “Hyung, you really are not going out with Cheol hyung?” Jihoon scoffed.

“I’m not.” Seungkwan pouted.

“But then, he always comes to send this packed food.” Seungkwan pointed. “This is homemade! How you and he are not dating when he is doing this for you? You’re not taking advantage on him right?” Jihoon rolled his eyes.

“I’m not.” Jihoon gave a glare to Seungkwan. “If you have nothing more, just go. I need to study.” Seungkwan puffed his cheeks.

“So mean, I become your delivery guy and you get mad at me… so cruel.” Seungkwan faked a cry and left with a pout, knowing Jihoon was just moody and not taking it to heart though he was acting. Jihoon exhaled when Seungkwan left. His lips muttered sorry as he stared at the packed lunch. He easily got irritated these days and Jihoon blamed it on his hormone. His final was coming and Jihoon spent most of his time studying at the study hall. Seungcheol was quite worried when he knew Jihoon’s schedule as the doctor advised the pregnant male to be stress-free but Jihoon won’t listen to him. And that made Seungcheol asked for compromise where he would send food and Jihoon needed to eat everything. He wanted to make sure at least Jihoon had enough food also made the smaller promise that he won’t push himself too much. At first Jihoon felt bothered, to have someone controlling his life but then he had to follow Seungcheol’s will when he found out his emotion wasn’t stable to keep studying straight; he easily craved for food. Jihoon did curse the child for being obedient to the father.

Jihoon sighed when he felt his phone vibrate on the table. Noticing it’s a call, Jihoon picked up lazily when he saw the name. “I’m finishing a chapter, I will eat after that.” Jihoon said. A chuckle from the other line heard.

“I’m not around. I drive back to my college, Jihoon. I call to tell you that, I need to meet my lecturer. But then, I trust your word. Fill your tummy, okay?” Jihoon groaned to hear the explanation. Since he started to study at the hall, Seungcheol would give food via Seungkwan and secretly went to a place where he could see Jihoon in shadow. The elder would leave after he saw Jihoon ate, he would give a call if Jihoon didn’t. Seungkwan didn’t know Seungcheol stayed around after the delivery thou. As Jihoon wanted, every of their acquaintances were kept in the dark about the pregnancy.

“Whatever.” Seungcheol chuckled again.

“Eat well, Jihoonie. I will be there around the time you’re going home.”

“Whatever.” Jihoon said and ended the call even before Seungcheol could say anything. He huffed and tossed the phone away as he continued to finish a chapter. He did eat his lunch after that, Jihoon always kept his promise.

 

 

“How are you and Jihoon?” Soonyoung asked. Seungcheol ran onto Soonyoung at a café near Soonyoung’s college. He was about to buy some bread for Jihoon right then. When he met Soonyoung, Seungcheol decided he had some time to spare and decided to sit down with Soonyoung in the café.

“Just like that. I’m still his stalker.” Soonyoung shook his head.

“He’s tough.”

“Because we started at the wrong foot.” Seungcheol said sighing. Soonyoung nodded in understanding. “Anyway, it has been a while since we meet right?” Soonyoung grinned.

“Well, we mostly met when there’s a party before. If it’s not the case, we would just talk over texts.” Seungcheol chuckled to Soonyoung’s answer.

“Yeah true. You’re mostly with Seokmin, I don’t want to interfere.”

“Oh well, hello Mr Choi. We’re the same even before I date Seokmin.” Seungcheol laughed.

“Yeah, actually we’re comfortable that way. Not attending same college takes our time differently.” Soonyoung nodded.

“But I see you more now hyung.” Soonyoung grinned. “It may be good that you’re falling for someone in my college. Now we meet often.” Seungcheol chuckled as he shook his head.

“We still meet if I don’t fall for Jihoon.”

“I’m just kidding.” Seungcheol looked at the time and exhaled. Soonyoung noticed that. “Hyung?”

“Sorry, I got to go. Jihoon probably is going home by now. I need to catch up.” Seungcheol said. Soonyoung cooed.

“Awww, are you sending him home?” Seungcheol shook his head.

“I’m his stalker, remember?” Soonyoung laughed. Seungcheol excused himself and left Soonyoung with a goodbye hug as he jogged to the college. He found Jihoon was just getting out from the hall when he arrived there. Seungcheol looked around and can’t find anyone to help him. He exhaled before making his way to Jihoon. Let it be today an exception.

Jihoon startled to see Seungcheol comes out from the shadow. “Why…?”

“Here.” Seungcheol smiled and gave the bread to Jihoon. Jihoon just stunned as he held the bag. Seungcheol gave a smile again and walked away, getting back into the stalker mode. Jihoon frowned as he looked down at the bag. He looked inside and he hated that the sniff of the aroma made him drool. This hungry baby.

Jihoon noticed a note inside the bag and got it out. He continued to walk as he opened the folded small paper.

‘Good luck for your first paper tomorrow, my sunshine.’ Jihoon just stared at the note blankly before putting it back into the bag and reached to grab the bread. He walked towards the gate as he munched the bread. Jihoon sighed as he walked to get his transport home. ‘I will gain weight like this.’ Jihoon pouted. He was in his thought when he received a call. Jihoon picked up without seeing the name as he connected the earphones to his phone. “Hello?”

“Hey. Is the bread not to your liking? Tell me what you want, I will buy…”

“Who said I don’t like it?” Jihoon asked looking around to find the caller. He spotted Seungcheol behind the tree across the road.

“You’re pouting. Is there something make you unhappy then?”

Jihoon scoffed. “Stop being too caring, I felt suffocated like this.” Jihoon said and ended the call. Seungcheol was looking at him. Jihoon rolled his eyes and continued to walk as he ate. Seungcheol followed and watched every movement. He really worried about Jihoon and the child, and he really wanted to attend every of Jihoon’s needs. Like he had promised, and he will do that.

 

 

Seungcheol welcomed Jihoon into the apartment. “This is now your house.”

Jihoon looked around as he walked inside. Per Seungcheol’s words, this apartment was about similar in price compared with Seungcheol’s old place. Seungcheol told him that he sold the previous place and bought this one. Somehow, Seungcheol had made a detailed survey. This building was just twenty minutes drive from nearest hospital and two block away from subway station. There was also a bus stop right in front of the building and the building pretty much near to the town. To be honest, Jihoon doubted about the price Seungcheol told him when he found out the apartment’s location but he had no intention to ask as it’s already promised that Seungcheol will prepare for his needs.

“Do you like it?” Seungcheol asked, pulling Jihoon’s luggage with him. Jihoon hummed. “Take a seat. I will bring this luggage to your room and bring you water. The other stuff in the car, I will bring it over later after we eat something.” Seungcheol said and brought the luggage to a room. Jihoon sat down, sighing when he felt the comfortable couch. He woke up so early that day to secretly disappear from his house. Lucky that his parents were outstation, he just needed to leave early at dawn to avoid Seungkwan. He did left a letter to his parents for them not to worry about his whereabouts and state that he will return after some time, and he told nothing to Seungkwan. He left his phone at his house so no one could find him.

Seungcheol returned with a glass of water. “I hope you like the place.”

“It’s just fine.” Jihoon said after drinking water. “How many rooms?”

“One master bedroom and two smaller rooms. You will have the master bedroom. When you get in and settle your stuff, let me know if there’s something more you wanted in your room.” Jihoon just nodded.

“Okay. I’m picky about room’s decoration.” Seungcheol just smiled a bit.

“I allow you to decorate it to your heart content.” Jihoon stayed silent for a while.

“For a second thought, I won’t.” Seungcheol looked at him. “It’s not like that room will be mine forever.” Seungcheol froze slightly. Jihoon hummed. “Well, I think I will just list out the necessity.”

“Yeah, okay.” Seungcheol curved a smile. “What do you want to eat? I will cook for you.” Jihoon sighed as he rubbed his tummy that already slightly showing if he doesn’t wear a baggy shirt. It was a habit of him since the bump’s showing; rubbing his stomach when he thought of food.

“Bibimbap. I’m hungry.”

“Okay, bibimbap for you.” Seungcheol said and got up. “Oh, you can watch TV. The remote is in the highest drawer next to you.” Seungcheol said as he was leaving to the kitchen. Jihoon searched for the remote and the TV, fixing his attention on it as he waited for his food. Seungcheol prepared the food for them. He was smiling as now he had Jihoon close with him so he would be less worry than before.

Seungcheol had planned his future very carefully after he knew about his child. From not knowing what he should do after he’s done with his studies, Seungcheol decided to be lab assistant and researcher in medical field as he didn’t really want to be a doctor. He did part time with his lecturer to save money for Jihoon and his child’s needs and from that his lecturer suggested Seungcheol to continue working as assistant when he noticed Seungcheol didn’t have intention to become a doctor. Seungcheol considered that and decided that it’s better than having no plan, plus he needed times to raise his child in the future too, given that he will be a single dad. Even though he won’t earn as much as being a doctor, he was confident he could give a comfortable life for his child. To be honest, he did plan of his future with Jihoon included deep within him but he didn’t put hope in it.

Seungcheol returned to the living room with a tray of food and drinks. He placed it on the coffee table. Jihoon shifted his eyes onto the food. “Here.” Seungcheol gave the bibimbap to Jihoon. Jihoon took it and looked at it for a while.

“I want more kimchi and sauce.” Jihoon said. Seungcheol nodded and went to get the things Jihoon wanted. Jihoon took the sauce from Seungcheol when he returned. Seungcheol took a seat beside Jihoon and placed a small bowl of kimchi near Jihoon. He noticed Jihoon started to eat already.

“You’re so hungry…” Seungcheol commented. Jihoon just gave a glare.

“This brat loves eating too much, making me even bigger than before.” Jihoon scoffed. Seungcheol exhaled.

“Jihoon, it’s not good to say like that to the child.” Seungcheol didn’t approve the harsh language Jihoon was using. Jihoon rolled his eyes.

“Don’t expect me to be nice. Perhaps this child already used to this.” Seungcheol sighed. He couldn’t comprehend how much Jihoon disliked that baby.

“I don’t ask much, Jihoon. Just this one thing, can you please not to curse and use harsh words while being pregnant?” Seungcheol said softly. Jihoon stopped eating.

“I have no intention to listen to you, Mr. Choi.” Jihoon said and finished his food, ignoring Seungcheol. Seungcheol sighed lightly. This is the first day. Seungcheol thought and took a breath. No, I won’t give up. Stay strong, Seungcheol. For your child.

 

 

“Hey.” Seungcheol blinked and turned. He was just leaving his work place and about to walk to his car.

“Seokmin…” Seokmin just smiled lightly.

“Soonyoung told me you’re working here.” Seungcheol nodded. It had been a month since he last met Seokmin and also Soonyoung face to face; after Jihoon moved in with him. He did stay in touch with Soonyoung but very rarely, just updated the cousin that he’s working so he’s kind of busy. Where that’s only his excuse to avoid them. He needed to stay as far as he could from the two until the baby was born, per Jihoon’s wish.

“How’s Soonyoung?”

“He’s fine and busy. Job hunting.” Seokmin just smiled lightly. “Hyung, I come to find you for something.” Seungcheol hummed.

“Want to talk over a meal?” Seungcheol tried to be his usual self, didn’t want to raise any suspicion. Seokmin shook his head.

“I’m in hurry.”

“Where you’re going after this? I can offer a ride.” Seokmin thought and nodded to the suggestion. Seungcheol walked Seokmin to his car and then drove out from the parking lot to Seokmin’s destination. “Shoot your question, Seokmin.”

“Hyung, do you hear any news about Jihoon ssi?” Seokmin asked. Seungcheol shook his head.

“I kinda busy with work. The last day I saw him was his last paper… one month ago. That day…” Seungcheol sighed. He had prepared a lie if the situation called and today, he will be saying it. “Jihoon rejected me. I… ask him to be my lover.” Seungcheol exhaled. “I guess I don’t want to pressure him, so I went away. It hurts, but I don’t want to make him hate me. So I give up… even though I still can’t forget him.” Seungcheol said. Half of it wasn’t a lie. Jihoon was still cold with him and pushed him away.

Seokmin exhaled. “Seungkwan called me a week after Jihoon ssi’s last exam day. He went back to his hometown so he didn’t manage to check on Jihoon ssi and when he’s back, Jihoon ssi was

Please log in to read the full chapter