Epilogue

The Only Night

Seunghyun simultaneously loved and hated travel. New places, new food, new art and unknown city streets were a delight to his creative soul. On the other hand, there was none of the comfort of his meticulously curated home, a place consciously created to be his haven.

He missed it and he’d just left it. Germany was nice but - it wasn’t home. He looked around the apartment that would be his for the next few months. His suitcases were stacked neatly in the center of the entry room, the work of a conscientious assistant.

Youngbae’s voice came to him from when he’d been packing. “Here, hyung, for when you are in Germany.”

Youngbae was always writing letters to Hyorin. It had apparently become his thing. Looking through his suitcases he found the pocket Youngbae had stuffed a folded paper into while ‘helping’ him pack. Reading, he walked towards his new terrace.

To Seunghyun Hyung

Hyung. I will be praying so that you will be able to return home after safely finishing all the filming in Germany. For the two months you’ll be gone, I’ll miss you extremely. I have been so worried because you’ve looked so lonely. Stay strong, hyung! I have been praying strongly every night for your soul and praying that you feel the Lord’s love like the Bible says. Come home safely, hyung.

I love you.

Seunghyun sniffled, tears streaking down his cheeks. His fingers over the words I love you. His heart burned and he smelt the comforting memory of home.

Filming was made a little easier by the letter, left open on his kitchen counter, to greet him every night.

“Thank you, Youngbae,” he whispered when it was finally time to pack it back into his suitcase.

 

Seunghyun 4:55pm

Ya, I’ll be home in 12 hours. Wanna make hyung some Kimchi stew?

Youngbae 12:55am

Hyung go away its the middle of the night

And no

Seunghyun 4:57pm

Please, please please

Hyung misses home and you so much

Plus it will be like noon then.

Youngbae 12:58am

Ya, don’t you have a mom or sister or something.

Seunghyun 4:58pm

Pleaaaaase.

Youngbae 12:59am

You know I’m gonna do it already, go away and let me sleep.

Seunghyun 5:00pm

<3 U Dongsaeng

Youngbae 1:00am

I love you too

now let me sleep