Stay

That Man That Woman
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

When the bus arrives, the man and woman quickly get on it. They both sit on the left side in the bus. Bora surely was speechless when Himchan agreed to walk her home by taking a bus, without getting into his car. That’s what Himchan said by ‘hard to get’ tactics. She offered it and he bought it. Now they’re in the bus who starts to go to the next destination. They both are just sitting there, side to side without bothering to talk to each other. They knew each other well yet they are stranger now. How this situation is so totally different from years ago?

Bora is staring out the window, indeed the life of a city is at night. The crowded people here and there at the streets and the colorful lightings along the stores are so mesmerized despite the chilling weather in this middle of autumn. She’s smiling but then soon falters when she realizes that the window is reflecting Himchan’s face. His beautiful face that always came to her dreams. His beautiful face that she always missed yet hated too. Along with those past memories come to her mind like a wave, bombarding her with so many sweet-bitter things with the man beside her. Goddamn!

A tear falls but she quickly wipes it, doesn’t want to let Himchan knows that him, his presence still gets impact to her mind even after these years. She hates to admit it. She just…

Her mind is interrupted by Himchan’s voice, “Halmoni, please sit here.”

She turns her head as Himchan quickly stands up and lets an older woman sits there. “Ah thank you so much, young man. Ouch my back hurts already.”

Himchan smiles then he drifts his eyes outside the window while Bora is giving a smile to the halmoni.

“Ah you’re so pretty. I wish I have a daughter like you.”

Bora smiles at her compliment and says thank you. Without she thinking her eyes turn to Himchan who is exactly looking at her too. There’s something in Himchan’s eyes which make her heart shatter. The way he looks at her right now is the same expression when the last time they met. There’s something hurt and unreadable which make Bora can’t stop staring at his eyes.

“You’re so lucky young man. She’s a great catch for sure.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter