The way Taehyung..

That One Where Yoongi Only Does One Time Things but Tae Doesn't

Yoongi woke up to a . Lifting his head, he was met with the sight of the pretty boy from last night with his plump lips wrapped around his .

Sensing movement, said boy looked up and managed to smirk around his , making Yoongi groan and let his head fall back, fingers gripping into the pink hair that he wanted so desperately to pretend was brunette.

But he wouldn’t submit to the way his heart ached and his mind tried to refocus on Taehyung.

When a slippery tongue glided beneath the head of his to swipe at a vein, his won over his heart (not really). When he realized he was just over thinking, he channeled his focus into the warmth on his and only the pleasure. Not who it was coming from.

. T--”

Suddenly the door swung open.

“Hyung--”

Yoongi’s eyes shot open and he locked eyes with all too familiar soft, warm chocolate eyes growing wide, the cute boxy grin that slowly fell.

Taehyung.

The raven immediately pushed himself up.

“Taehyung!”

He made eye contact with Taehyung again, the once warm eyes now distant and hard as they shot down to look at the floor.

“What are you doing here?”

Taehyung’s jaw clenched and he looked back up, expression flickering with hurt for a moment before shifting to fake nonchalance.

“Just came because I left my waffle maker.”

Yoongi rose an eyebrow.

“How the hell did you get a waffle maker into my house without me knowing?”

Taehyung shrugged.

“What, did you shove it up your ?” the older scoffed.

Taehyung’s eyes glossed over for a minute, hurt as he finally took it all in.

“Yeah, your microscopic left plenty of room for it.” the brunette said bitterly, “Surprised he wants to it.”

Jimin-- who was still in shock-- pulled himself off of Yoongi and turned his head, finally looking at Taehyung’s face.

“Taetae?” the pink haired man asked.

“Chim--?” Taehyung’s eyes widened. “Oh my god, I- I’m sorry-- just-- continue, . I’m sorry.” Yoongi could feel his heart shatter as he heard that deep voice crack and the bangs that fell over his eyes to no doubt cover up tears.

Yoongi heard footsteps and the front door open and shut.

“-- -- --” Jimin rushed to get dressed, “I’m-- I have to go. We’ll talk later. I’m sure we can.” Jimin scrambled out the door, shirt and shoes in hand as he called out for Taehyung.

Yoongi stared at the door long and hard. Silence invaded his house as he stared through the door, silently and stupidly hoping that Taehyung would walk through with the dumbest and cutest grin on his face calling, “Hyung, hyung!”

But he didn’t.

And Yoongi just stared and stared until he couldn’t bare to and just flopped onto his back, running both hands through his hair and down his face.

. . . . .

How did it even get to this? All he wanted was to prove to himself and others that, no, he wasn’t in love with Taehyung. No, he wasn’t tied down. No, he didn’t wasn’t feeling anything romantic.

But why did it hurt so much to see how Taehyung seemed to look at him differently.

Why did it hurt so much to be with Jimin?

Why did it hurt so much to watch Taehyung look ready to cry.

Why did it hurt so much?

Namjoon and Jin came over later that day to find the ing CEO of Min Corporations. Min Yoongi. The same one who took everything seriously and woke up early just to work, lying in bed with his arm over his eyes.

The raven peeked out, hopeful.

“Tae?”

“Nope. Just us.” Namjoon laughed.

Yoongi groaned.

“ off, you love us.”

No response other than a huff of bitter laughter and a ‘yeah, I do.’

Namjoon sat on the edge of the bed.

“Why so down, Yoongs?”

“Can’t a man want to sleep in?”

Namjoon laughed.

“What?”

“Aw, man.. Gotta say. I missed this. You haven’t said or done anything like that in years.”

 

Yoongi just exhaled and peeked out from under his arm, giving Namjoon a small smile.

 

“I miss it, man.” Namjoon says softly, a reminiscent smile on his lips.

 

“Miss what?” Yoongi asked quietly.

 

“The old you-- well-- the younger you. I miss when you wanted to do dumb teenager things and wanted to sleep all day and when you would look like you'd kick everyone’s . I miss when you still smiled big and real. I miss Suga.”

 

Yoongi scoffed, “Are you telling me I've changed?”

 

“Yeah, I am.. it's kinda sad, but it's so nice to see you this way again, Yoongs.”

 

Yoongi stayed silent for a moment, inhaling slowly as he thought about why he'd been acting like the younger him so much recently.

 

Taehyung’s boxy smile and annoyingly cute laugh came to mind. His body. The way he moaned when Yoongi--

 

“Yoongi, why're you so down?” Jin finally asked, cutting off the silence, he felt as though he already knew the answer though.

 

Another sigh from the raven.

 

“I-- I don't even know.” He groaned as he sat up slowly, only wanting to flop back down (he didn't).

 

“What happened this morning when.. that guy.. left?” Jin asked.

 

“Nothing.” Yoongi said quietly, yet tense.

 

“Yoongi--”

 

“Didn't I just tell you nothing happened!?” He snapped.

 

Silence filled the room and Yoongi exhaled through his nose, his right hand pinching the bridge of it as he caved in.

 

“Taehyung walked in on him my . He ran. And Jimin-- is his name-- chased him. They know each other.” Yoongi finally said.

 

“..you're a ing idiot.” Namjoon said bluntly.

 

“What?”

 

“You're an idiot. You had something good going on with Taehyung and you just went and ed it up.”

 

“I didn't ask for whatever it was that you consider good, now did I?” Yoongi growled.

 

“It doesn't matter. It was there and you enjoyed it and you just threw it away for your pride!”

 

“YOU KNOW DAMN WELL THAT IT WASN’T JUST BECAUSE OF MY ING PRIDE, NAMJOON!” Yoongi snapped. But he and Namjoon were treading on paper thin ice.

 

The room went silent again.

 

“I know..” Namjoon finally said. “But you need to figure your stupid out.”

 

After Namjoon had finally left, Yoongi flopped back onto his back, tugging at his dark strands in frustration.

What really was Kim Taehyung to him?

 

That stupid square grin invaded his thoughts and suddenly he was engulfed in the thought of Taehyung.

The way his eyes would light up at the simplest things, such as the discussion of aliens, seeing Yoongi when he came to pick him up from Uni, when Yoongi would agree (reluctantly) to carrying Taehyung.

The way Taehyung’s laughter was an actual melody-- sweet and breathy. Speaking of laughter, his smile was.. so stupid and so cute. He just didn’t understand.

The way Taehyung would hum all the time, when he cooked for Yoongi ( or not), when he was laying on Yoongi’s chest post-, both drifting to sleep, when he showered, and even when he was deciding on what he wanted to drink at the cafe they visited so often.

 

The way Taehyung smelled, it was masculine but.. it didn’t remind Yoongi of a man who put on a safari hat and cut through trees (although Taehyung would most definitely do that), but more.. Taehyung. Easy and intoxicating.

 

The way Taehyung looked Yoongi in the eye, both of his own half-lidded and mouth slightly ajar when Yoongi ed deep into him.

The way Taehyung bit his lip when he was thinking about something.

The way Taehyung tasted.

The way Kim Taehyung had made Min Yoongi fall in love with him.

And it wasn’t a bad thing.

“Oh god..” Yoongi said to himself, burrowing his face in his hands as he dragged them down, “I’m so ing stupid.”