Ughh I can't believe myself

That One Where Yoongi Only Does One Time Things but Tae Doesn't

Yoongi, the next day, after he walked Taehyung home, let him keep his jacket with the promise of another meeting- just so Taehyung could return the jacket (or that’s what Yoongi kept telling himself), and sealed it with a kiss (not a cliche kiss at the doorstep, Yoongi swears) found himself on Namjoon and Jin’s couch. Complaining about his life. As usual.

Except this time it was about his love (not) life.

“Yoongs, seriously, why don’t you just admit you kinda like the guy and ask him on an official date?” Namjoon sighed, plopping onto the couch beside the raven who was currently hugging one of the couch pillows to his chest.

“Are you insane? What part of ‘I don’t date’ don’t you get?” Yoongi grimaced, “I don’t do any more than screw and part ways. The come and go, the wet and jet, th--”

“Okay, okay. Yes, Yoongi, I understand. You like and not relationships, but you need to understand that you can’t be void of romantic emotions.”

“ing watch me, Namjoon. I won’t do anything romantic with him. I’ll-- I’ll tell him I don’t want anything to do with him and everything!”

“Sure, and I don’t have a .”

“Ew, don’t say that, you’re already the dad friend I didn’t need this. Bye.”

“Yeah, yeah, you still won’t even do it!”

Yoongi gave Namjoon the bird as he walked out the door. “ off~”

“.”

And there sat Yoongi sitting with Taehyung at a cafe, something they’d planned to do over the phone.

He really wasn’t a morning person and he just grumbled to himself about being there at 7 in the ing morning.

But he was watching Taehyung’s as he ordered for them so he wasn’t really complaining-- .

Yoongi couldn’t help but chuckle as Taehyung tripped and nearly spilled their coffees as he made his way back to their table, a loud squawk coming from him.

Taehyung eventually regained balance and came bounding up to the table and honestly, the raven just couldn’t hold back the small smile that threatened to break out into a larger grin.

“Morning!” Taehyung chirped, “Sorry we had to do this so early in the morning but I have a lecture today and I wanted to see you.”

“Oh no, not a problem.” Yes, a ing problem, this is too early what the , they couldn’t meet sometime later that day?

“I was gonna end up getting up early anyway.” To piss, maybe before going back to bed. He needed to tell Taehyung everything, about cutting the ties and going their separate paths.

“Hey, listen, kid--”

“You know.. I’m really.. Happy you agreed to meet up when you could’ve slept in.” Taehyung gave Yoongi his stupidly adorable boxed smile. “I couldn’t wait to see you.” the ing brat that made fun of his on a daily basis said with thE DAMN NERVE TO LOOK AND SOUND AS SHY AND CUTE AS HE DID IN THAT MOMENT.

, I’m so ed..” Yoongi muttered under his breath.

“Huh?”

“Nothing, I’m glad we met up too.”

When Taehyung let out the sweetest ing laugh Yoongi’s heard in his ing life-- hIS LIFE, he felt his heart drum against his chest in the all too familiar, sickly way. The way that would’ve made him leave and cut off all contact with Taehyung.

But he couldn’t.

He wouldn’t.

Just-- maybe, it would be okay to ignore the blaring, red hot alarm sounding in his mind.

It felt so sweet and warm and for some reason, he felt no need to cut it off.

And suddenly meeting up with Taehyung once a month turned into once a week, to once every few days, until he was picking Taehyung up from Uni.

And maybe they’d even hooked up a few times within the past few months.

And .

What was he doing?

This wouldn’t end well.

“Hey, Taehyung.” Yoongi said one evening when he was taking the brunette home from school.

“Hmm?” the younger boy asked as they approached Taehyung’s apartment.

“You’re a great friend, y’know? I really appreciate your company.” Taehyung seemed to freeze up and tense for a moment before he looked up at Yoongi, bottom lip caught between his teeth.

“O-oh.. yeah, haha.. thanks. Um.. you’re a-- you’re nice to be around too.” he said, with a look in his eyes that the elder knew all too well but still couldn’t figure it out.

“Thanks.” Yoongi smiled softly, heart clenching a bit-- why? He had no idea. “Well, I’ll see you tomorrow?”

“Yeah.. see you then..” Taehyung smiled, laughing dryly as he quickly made his way into his ..house.

“Bye..” Yoongi said aloud even though Taehyung already shut the door.

Damn it. Why did it hurt?

When he went to go consult Namjoon, Hoseok, and Jin at the bar, the eldest of the three was enraged. Over time, he’d grown to become fond of the brunette ball of sunshine. Same on Namjoon’s end.

“YOU SAID WHAT TO MY BABY?”


“I just-- we’re friends, right? What’s the big deal?”

“Yoongi, you-- you broke all of your rules for one night stands. You met with him daily, you ed him more than once, you-- you let him get close and you have chemistry with him.

“Jin, baby, relax.”

“Shut the up, Joonie. Yoongi here needs to hear this.”

“I don’t have chemistry with him-- and so what if I broke a few rules? Who honestly gives a crap? I’m not in love with the kid!”

“Prove it.” Hoseok, who was quiet until now, spoke up.

“What?” Yoongi and Jin looked  over to Hoseok.

“Prove it.” Hoseok shrugged, looking more blank faced than they’d ever seen him. “Prove that you haven’t been tied down.”

“How?” Yoongi furrowed his eyebrows.

“Just-- go do what you’ve always done before this kid came into the picture. Go someone else tonight. Uhhhh.. ooh. That one with the pink hair over there. He’s been eyeing you for the past ten minutes.” Yoongi looked over and smirked.

“Done.”

Despite Jin’s protests, Yoongi got up from his seat and made his way over to the pink haired man, he grinned and was greeted with a slightly high pitched giggle. The opposite of Taehyung’s.

“Hey.” Yoongi smirked and the pink-haired cute guy stood up, and proved to be short. Unlike Taehyung.

Rounder on the too.

“Hi~” the boy slurred slightly, obviously drunk.

“I’m Yoongi. What’s your name, gorgeous?”

“Jimin.” the boy’s sweet voice was suddenly laced with intention and slight lust. “Takin’ me home tonight, Yoongi?”

Yoongi wrapped an arm around Jimin’s waist and ignored the pang in his chest-- the guilty butterflies in his stomach as he pulled the not-Taehyung against him to press their faces close, lips not so far apart.

“You bet I am.” he muttered gruffly.