I'm back from the dead hey guys how ya doin

That One Where Yoongi Only Does One Time Things but Tae Doesn't

It wasn’t very long until Taehyung found himself at clubs more often than not. Downing so many drinks that it didn’t matter who took him home by the end of the night, because he wouldn’t remember them anyway.

He was alive, feeling the party life a university student usually would. He felt so good (courtesy of alcohol and whoever was fortunate enough to take him home). He didn’t remember the ache in his heart and the emptiness inside of him when he was so far gone.

But when he wasn’t out, letting other men him, hooking up with Jimin and Jeongguk, when he wasn’t grinding up against some stranger with a red cup in his hand.. Taehyung was broken. He was locked inside his room, sobbing where no one would see him.

The brunette was currently slumped against his door, curled up to himself as he sobbed against the wooden frame, wondering why he couldn’t forget a man whose number he blocked. A man who shattered his heart, his already broken heart and couldn’t even make it right.

He didn’t understand why he was so hung up on Min Yoongi when Jeon Jeongguk was the better option. He was his age, he was sweet, he cared, and he was just so amazing. Taehyung felt like he could love him. He really did.

And he almost did. But Taehyung knew from experience that when it came to love, almost is never enough.

 

He couldn’t do that to someone.

Even if he did love Jeongguk like he was the sun in the goddamned sky, it wasn’t like Jeongguk loved him back.

He wouldn’t assume that. Not again. Taehyung couldn’t risk Jeongguk becoming another Yoongi.

 

Taehyung had had enough of Yoongi coming by and leaving things at his door, of Yoongi knocking on the door and asking to be let in for no longer than 15 minutes.

 

He was tired of hiding from the world when he didn’t feel like getting faced or ed so hard he could cry without it being from heartache.

 

He needed to get out. And not out as in, tight jeans and eyeliner. Out.

Taehyung threw on a sweater and culottes, socks and jesus sandals before leaving his room and apartment (finally) to take a walk.

He breathed in the morning air, exhaling slowly as he made his way to a coffee shop, taking a path through the park.

He shut his eyes for a moment, walking until the air was knocked out of him and he felt himself falling backwards.

“-- sorry!” a gruff voice said and he groaned, glaring as he lifted his head to look at whoever bumped into him.

His breath hitched as he was met with the sight of Min ing Yoongi.

“Uhm.. it-it’s fine.” he mumbled, standing up and brushing himself off before trying to proceed to walk to his destination with a ducked head.

Yoongi’s jaw dropped open when he saw Taehyung, speechless for a moment.

“Wait, wait-- Taehyung- --” he scrambled to his feet, hurrying to the boy’s side so that he could talk to him.

“Taehyung, please-- Listen, I’m sorry. I know what I did was an move, but at least hear me out.” he pleaded as he tried to keep up with Taehyung’s pace.

So much for a peaceful, mind clearing walk.

The brunette sighed and turned his head to the elder, tired eyes raking over Yoongi’s equally disheveled appearance.

“Give me one good reason why.”

“I’ll buy you a coffee and we can talk it over that?” the raven offered, hesitant since he’s never been desperate for anyone’s attention.

But who could blame him, when he was whipped and the man it was for was about to walk out of his life forever?

Taehyung shut his eyes and stopped walking as he inhaled the crisp air.
Fine. Coffee, but if you don’t convince me by the time we’re done that you deserve another shot, then please, never approach me. Ever. I wouldn’t be able to handle it.” he whispered, his eyes trained on the ground.

Yoongi visibly relaxed-- but only slightly.

“Yeah-- yeah. Okay.” Yoongi breathed out as he let Taehyung lead him to the coffee shop.

Little did he know, Taehyung was dancing on the inside because, score, free coffee.

The brunette sighed and dragged his hands down his face when they got into the coffee shop, plopping into a chair near the door, looking ready to bolt out.

Yoongi chewed on his bottom lip and sat in front of him, reaching for Taehyung’s hand on instinct to comfort him, making the younger flinch.

“Sorry--” Yoongi jolted back.

Taehyung just stayed silent, staring at his lap.

“So uh.. I’ll order before I say anything, what do you want?”

“A caramel macchiato with three shots, extra caramel, whipped cream and also more caramel on top of the whipped cream.” hey, if you’re gonna get coffee with the dude who took your heart and shattered it with his bare hands, stomped on the pieces, and burned the remains..

Might as well be expensive.

Yoongi just blinked twice before nodding and getting in line.

The music major exhaled heavily before relaxing into his seat, hands rubbing at the unshed tears in his eyes.

He had to last.

He could be strong.

But he should’ve walked away.

Poor, naive Taehyung, always giving out multiple chances.

But a part of him-- a large part of him, really wanted to forgive Yoongi.

But he knew it couldn’t be easy.

 

“Here ya’ go, kiddo.” Yoongi’s gruff, yet careful voice ripped Taehyung’s thoughts away.

 

He looked up, long eyelashes fluttering over his cheeks as he blinked, lips slightly parted as he looked at Yoongi’s nervous smile, then to the cup of coffee he held out to Taehyung.

 

“Oh.”

 

He slowly took the cup, shivering as his fingertips brushed with Yoongi’s. His fingers lingered against Yoongi’s a little longer than necessary before he flinched away, managing not to spill the coffee.

 

“Thank you, Yoongi-ssi.” he murmured, eyes trained on the floor and he didn’t notice the way Yoongi grimaced at the formal speech.

Yoongi sat across from Taehyung, inhaling very slowly.

“Hey so.. I’m not good with words, but.. I’m-- I’m really sorry for what I did, I just--” Yoongi flustered, tripping over his words and a small smile tugged at Taehyung’s lips.

He smiled, placing a hand over Yoongi’s.

“Don’t piss yourself, I’m not sure how much you’d manage with such a small , but y’know-- better safe than sorry. Not sure the staff’ll appreciate that.” he teased, a smirk playing on his lips.

Yoongi spluttered.

Was this brat seriously-- Did that mean they were on good terms or..?

“I-I just wanted to-- I’m..” he sighed. “I just wasn’t used to the kind of emotions you gave me, Taehyung and-- before you speak, I know that that’s no excuse. To be truthful, I’ve always been one to sleep with a person and never look back once we were done. So when you came and changed all of that..” Yoongi carded fingers through his thick, black locks.

 

“I.. I didn’t know how to deal with it or what to call it..” his voice cracked. “And I let my pride get in the way of one of the best things I’ve experienced.” he took a shaky breath and risked a glance up at Taehyung, finding that the boy was staring back at him with tear streaked cheeks and puffy eyes.

“And I’m sorry. I’m so, so sorry, Tae, but I think I might want to hold onto what we had and make it official..”

Taehyung choked on a sob.

“You’re stupid and cruel and-- and the worst!!” the brunette shouted suddenly and Yoongi’s heart stopped, making his blood run cold.