To The Rescue

Clear My Heart, Set Me Free

[Dara’s POV]

After that weirdly enjoyable banter with Jiyong, I had washed up and got ready for dinner. Today’s dinner was my favourite- Steak with corn and vegetables. It was delicious and all, mouth- watering good, but my chest had begun to hurt. Something I had gotten familiar with. When I was about to shove some corn into my mouth, the pain had begun to develop a rhythm. Hit, then subside. Hit, then subside. After forcing a few morsels of food down, I felt my stomach lurch.

I had to resist the urge to puke all over the table.

Instead, I excused myself politely, ignoring the weird glances I received from Eomma. When I was out of their sight from the dining table, I burst into a sprint heading for the toilet and vomited into the toilet bowl.

Seeing all my dinner floating in the water didn’t do my stomach any justice either. Baked beans and half-chewed steak brought my half-digested lunch to the surface.

When I was done retching, I flushed the stuff away and washed my face. Looking in the mirror, a pale face with bloodshot eyes and parched lips stared back. Is this how I’ve been looking all this while with Jiyong?! Oh god. My inner self groaned as she hid under a rock. I pinned my wet hair back to prevent it from getting into my eyes.

The familiar wave of pain began again rhythmically. My mind whirled as it tried to connect anything to the pain. I definitely didn’t eat anything wrong. Then what? I tried ignoring the pain as I went through my thoughts.

It hit me in less than a second. Jiyong. How could I have forgotten? I must have with all the puking and pain.

Toweling my face dry, I tugged on a jacket and made to go to Jiyong’s house when another wave of pain hit me. I couldn’t even stand straight.

But I had to think of something.

Pulling out my handphone, I thumbed through my contacts and hit the green button. Hesitating, I wondered if I made the right choice. Just do it, my brain urged as yet another pain hit my chest. I hit the green button.

“Hello? This is Dara. Could I trouble you to go to Jiyong’s house to look in on him… “

*** ***

[Jiyong’s POV]

My mother pulled her hands away from my throat quickly, obviously startled when someone busted down the front door.

“Jiyong!”

When I heard the shout, my first thought was Dara? My second thought was, It doesn’t sound like her. As black overtook my vision, a voice lured me into unconsciousness. I couldn’t tell who it was. Everything went black.

My eyes opened slowly as it focused on the face above me. Unable to stop my mouth, I blurted out, “Dara?” Embarrassment flooded through when I found out the person was none other than Seungri.

“Whoa, you must like her a lot to say her name once you woke up. Do I look like a Dara to you?”Seungri smirked downwards.

“What are you doing here?”

“Dara called me to go look in on you.”

“What happened after I out?” I asked.

“I caught you and threw you on the sofa. I didn’t know you’d gotten so heavy. Then that lady left. And I waited for-“ He looked at his watch, “- ten minutes until you woke up.”

“That lady was my mother.”

“Seriously? She looks so… different.”

I knew what he was going to ask next.

“So what happened between you and her?”

Jackpot.

For a while, I hesitated Tell him? I sighed.

“It started when my dad and my mother had a divorce…”

“… And my mother comes home every now and then to ask for money,” I finished. Seungri whistled through his teeth. “More like extorting money and hoping to kill you in the process.”

“Shut up.” Remembering the wounds on my cheek, I asked, “Did you help me to put something on my face?

“Uh, no.” He admitted sheepishly. “The last time Chaerin had an open wound, I tried washing it for her and she bit my head off saying I’d mar her beautiful leg. I figured you wouldn’t want your face to have-“ He counted the scratches on my face, pointing at each of them. “Eight scars.”

“I can’t just leave it like that. The dirt in her fingernails was probably poisonous.”

“Which is why I called Dara,” he held up his latest phone proudly and spoke in a rapid salesman- like voice. “The latest phone of mine. Easy to call. Just find the name on the contact list and press the green button. Not only easy and convenient, but slim and y, just like me.”

“Every phone’s like that idiot.”

“Whatever.”

“Wait, did you call Dara?”

“Yep. She called me to come here and call her  if anything’s wrong.”

“YOU IDIOT!” I lunged for his neck and pinned him down on the bed, shaking him here and there.

Unfortunately, the doorbell rang once, then twice, before Dara’s worried voice reached our ears. “Jiyong? I’m coming in.”

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Once again, I tried my best proofreading, but I at it. WHy does this chap look so shorrrrrrt *wails at myself*

Okay :D Zanks for the comments!

AND IT ISN'T DARA  AT THE DOOR .

But still, Seungri came because SHE called HIM, so I guess it still boils down to her :D

Hope y'all give me your love again! MORE COMMENTS = MORE UPDATES  >:D

xoxo, skyhigh-x