Embarrassing Morning On The Second Day Of School - Dara

Clear My Heart, Set Me Free

[Dara's POV]

My oh so reliable alarm clock rings diligently at 6.00AM sharp. Groaning, I buried myself deeper into the warm duvets in a futile attempt to shut out the stupid noise. No such luck. It continues doing its job ringing over and over again. It was so loud that I didn't notice Mi Cha sneaking into the room pink panther style.

"Unnie! Its school time!" She screams into my ear, a delighted smile spreading over her face when I sat upright in bed, now fully awake.

Jeez, who wouldn't after someone screams into his/her ear?!

Fuming mad, I scoop her up onto the bed and pinch her cheeks. Hard. "It hurts!" Mi Cha whines as she swats my hands away.

"So does my ear. And thats payback for screaming into it." I stick my tongue out at her. "Live with it, deal with it, roll with it."

Rubbing her tender cheeks, she delivers me her best glare- all scrunched up and says, "You sound like CL unnie. Eomma wants you to come down. Now." Whipping her head around, she totters out of the room, clearly throwing a temper. Jeez, she reminds me of my mum sometimes. I hope its not hereditary, but I guess I'm like them in a way. Just more mature.

After going through the morning rituals, I stand in front of my full length mirror, feeling satisfied with my choice of clothing. It was a cold day today, so I had opted for soft faded jeans, yellow tank top and a white cardigan. I squint at my hair in the mirror. Holy cow, it looks like someone dragged it through the bush and back. Trying vainly to smooth it down,  I use my hands desperately combing through my hair. 

Use the brush, genius. My subconscious rolls her eyes at me, while my inner goddess lounges on a small couch with no comment, inspecting her nails.

She's probably embarrassed of my stupidity- which is kind of hers as well since she's me and I'm her and she's me and her and  I'm her and me. I'm ranting now, am I? I'd better stop.

After dragging the hair brush painfully through my hair a few times, I brought it towards the light. That's a lot of hair, my inner goddess sighs mournfully while my subconscious rolls her eyes this time. Get a life. It isn't all about appearances. Think books, think nature. Not manicures and pedicures! She glares at my inner goddess over her half-moon glasses.

Sensing an argument, I closed the door on them. Or on me. UGH, THIS IS CONFUSING.

You really should use conditioner more often! Our precious hair would be spared then! My inner goddess screams behind the shut door. Ignoring her, I used a yellow clip to pin back my hair.

Satisfied, I padded down the stairs in my yellow socks and make my way to the kitchen island to grab an apple. "Is it the 'Be-Yellow-Day' or something?" Eomma remarks. "I hate yellow."

"Good morning to you too." I say as I slid into my seat. Mi Cha was too preoccupied with drowning her pancake in honey to notice me.

Biting into my pancake, I closed my eyes for a brief moment. "Eomma, your pancakes are daebak! You should set up a shop!"

Now, you'd probably think my mum would just sit back and soak up the praise, but noooo, she chose to nitpick on my eating habits instead. "Aigoo, your table manners are as bad as Mi Cha's."

My eyebrows furrow as I cast a quick glance at the oblivious toddler. She was busy soaking her pancakes, this time using her fingers to lift the soggy cake into the air, honey sauce dripping from both her chin and the pancake.

"Bwoh? Eomma, how can you say that about your own daughter?"

Eomma gestured at my chin wordlessly and went back to eating her own pancake, picking at it delicately.

I touched my chin, confused, and paused, feeling the sticky honey.

Oops.

After a terribly embarrassing breakfast, I stomp up to my room shame-faced, pulling on my new yellow-white sneakers. No matter what my mum says, yellow and white is still awesome. I grinned as I sling my yellow-white bag over one shoulder, grabbing my yellow file. What can I say? I love pale yellow. Its light, mellow, and reminds me of the sun. Lifting my wrist, I peered at the face of my new (yellow) watch. Half an hour more till school started.

Turning towards the balcony, I caught a glimpse of Jiyong still sleeping soundly. He never did like to draw his curtains close.

"Yah! Kwon Jiyong! Wake up! Get your sleepy off the bed! Its school!"

No reaction.

Sighing, I walk closer to the edge of my balcony. His balcony door appeared to be shut. But, if I could jump from my balcony to his, I'm sure I can wake him up from there right? Its insanity. My subconscious purses her lips. For once, my inner goddess agrees with her and gapes at me. Are you crazy?

Gulping down my fear, I clamber up onto the railing, teetering dangerously. This reminds me of the time I tried climbing over Jiyong's garden fence and ended up landing on my . I giggle again, but pause when I almost lose my balance. Not a good idea. My subconscious warns.

I ignored her and steady myself, focusing on his balcony. 

One.

Two.

Three!

Jumping into the air, I found myself air-borne. I just didn't realise that his balcony was much closer to mine than thought. In fact, I was heading for the glass door. My eyes widened in horror, and I heard an extremely loud high-pitched scream.

Wait, thats me.

I can just see the headlines of the newspaper tomorrow:

Sandara Park was found dead after crashing into a glass door of her neighbour's balcony. It appears that she was trying to break in and disturb her neighbour, but had an unfortunate crash instead. May she rest in peace.

"I don't want to die yoooung!" I screamed again with my eyes closed

Just as I was about to kiss the glass, the door swished opened and I blinked my eyes open to meet Kwon Jiyong. 

"What the shi-?" His sleepy look was replaced quickly by one of shock, only to be interrupted when I fell onto him.

Oh dear.

*** ***

[Jiyong's POV]

No no

You're my heart heart heart heart heartbreaker 

Naegamwoljalmotaenneunji

You're my heart heart heart heart heartbreaker

No way, no way.

I groaned as my handphone began to replay that stupid song for the billionth time. Reaching my hand out, I grasped the handphone and chucked it under my pillow to muffle the irritating nosie. No such luck. It blared through the pillow as loudly as ever.

" my life." I groaned again, wishing I could go back to sleep.

"Yah! Kwon Jiyong! Wake up! Get your sleepy off the bed! Its school!" 

I mumble into my pillow. "Go away." Shuffling out of bed reluctantly, I walked to the balcony. Just before I opened the door, I heard a high-pitched scream, followed by an 'I don't want to die yooooooung!'. There seemed to be someone floating in the air outside, but since I'm half-asleep, I thought I was still dreaming. You'd probably think I'd have the sense to just keep the door shut and return the world of dreams, but noooo, my brain dismissed it as some weird wailing and hallucinations in my mind, willing my hands to open the door. 

As the door slid to the side, I looked up to see the one and only Sandara Park flying through the air with her arms flailing wildly. "What the shi-" I started in disbelief, as she collided into me.

I found myself losing my balance and fall backwards to the floor behind me.

Somewhere along the fall, my arms wrapped tightly around her waist, bringing her closer to me. Its just survivial instincts, okay? Her arms immediately relaxed as she leaned into me. What am I? Some kind of cushion?

Being so close to her, her smell wafted over me as her hair created a curtain around us both. She smelled faintly of soap and cranberries, with a little hint of pancakes. Typical for a girl like her. 

After what seemed like forever, my back thudded against the ground. Pain shot through my whole body and I closed my eyes, in pain. On the other hand, Park stayed on top of me without even suffering so much as a bruise on herself.

my life.

*** ***

[Dara's POV] 

One second I was flying through the air screaming some God awful scream, the next second, Jiyong's arms are twined around me securely and we're falling backwards together. Well, I'm falling forward.

When we land, Jiyong cushions my fall since he's beneath me, and I'm 100% sure he's definitely aching everywhere. I feel rather guilty since its my fault this happened, and while I escape un-bruised, he gets all the pain. I feel even more guilty when he throws his head back and groan. He remains his vice-like grip on me while I tried to struggle out of it to check if he had any serious injuries.

"Oh my gosh, Jiyong, I am so sorry. Really really sorry! Are you hurting anywhere?" I try to mask my concern but fail.

"No , Sherlock." He replies, and I still as his breath fans over my face.

I have just realised how close we are, and it isn't good. Not at all. Do you want some award to go with your oh-so-amazing discovery? My subconscious says snidely. I hate it when she's right. After a few futile attempts to shrug off his arms, I give up and lean onto him, panting rather unglamly. Who knew he would have this much strength in the morning? He smells like Jiyong, still fresh from the shower he probably took yesterday, and a very tiny whiff of cigarettes. Has he been smoking? I ponder over this new thought silently while I take this given opportunity to take in his facial features from a closer point of view.

His skin seemed flawless, and his long eyelashes brush along mine. How can a boy have such thick eyelashes? It wasn't fair. I watch, fascinated (feeling slightly a bit like some weirdo), as his sculptured lips part when he breathes out. 

His chest rises and falls rhythmically slowing down as minutes past. Finally, finally, finally, he opens his eyes, and I seem to drown in his dark brown eyes. His tongue peeks out as he his bottom lip, gathering his senses.

I shake him gently, "Jiyong?"

He blinks repetitively. Holy cow, he looks cute doing that. "Uh?"

Feeling slightly embarrassed, I say, "You can, uh, let go of me now." My demand came out more of a plea than an order.

"What the ?"

*** ***

[Jiyong's POV]

Somewhere far away, the sound of Dara's soft voice breaks through the silence. "Oh my gosh, Jiyong, I am so sorry. Really really sorry! Are you hurting anywhere?"

"No , Sherlock." I try to make myself sound less annoyed than I really felt.

My whole body ached, and I cursed in my mind, trying not to move so much.

Another blanket of thick silence enveloped us when she made no further comment. I felt her struggling in my tight hold, but was too tired to loosen it. After awhile, she gives up and lean onto me. For the second time of the day, I feel like a cushion, and believe me, it is not comfortable.

When my senses return, I open my eyes slowly.

"Jiyong?" She shakes me gently

I blinked as my vision swam for a moment. "Uh?"

Two spots of pink appear on her cheeks. , thats ing cute. I thought for a split second before dismissing it.

"You can, uh, let go of me now?"

It was then I realised I was still holding her securely against me, and I felt like an idiot, the words out of my mouth before I could stop them.

"What the ?"

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

:D 'Ello! How's life? LOL.

O.o Exams are starting to flow in, and I'm kind of nervous. 

OAO I hope I don't fail

I'm really glad to get new subscribers, but I hope y'all will comment once in a while too. :)

Till the next time I update :D