I Don't Know- Dara

Clear My Heart, Set Me Free

[Dara’s POV]

I resisted the urge to laugh when Jiyong started snoring gently. Careful not make any sudden movements, I climbed over Jiyong- accidentally brushing against his leg in the process, to sit on the floor.

As I watched him sleep peacefully, a few strands of hair flopped onto his forehead again. Hesitantly, my fingers crept up to comb it back, spreading my palm over his left cheek, leaning forward.

And kissed him on the forehead.

It was only when I felt his smooth skin under my lips did I realise what I had just did.

! What in the world did I just DO?! Stumbling back in shock, my eyes widened, feeling a tad bit horrified. It’s just a peck on the forehead, . It ain’t even on the lips. My inner self rolled her eyes with her hands places on her hip which was cocked to the side. Sometimes girlie, you are just SO ridiculous.

Ridiculous? Me?

Thank goodness he was asleep. I mentally slapped myself. That was so stupid. Jiyong remained quiet, eyes still closed as he breathed in and out rhythmically. Whew.

Pushing myself to my feet, I hurried out of his house, welcoming the cool breeze which calmed my burning cheeks.

*** ***

[Jiyong’s POV]

After I heard the door click shut, I sat up straight in my bed and touched my forehead. What was that about? As I closed my eyes in frustration, the gentle touch of Dara’s finger against my neck, cheeks and forehead seemed to replay in my mind.

And then there was that small kiss.

This is so messed up in so many ways.

I placed my hand over my beating heart and leaned back down.

*** ***

A hard whack on my head woke me up. Feeling both startled and annoyed, I opened my eyes  to see Dara grinning at me. “What is it?” I casted a glance at my clock. “It’s only 6.00AM.”

“It is!” She chirped at me happily. “But you didn’t take a shower yesterday.” I forced myself not to jump as she leaned in closer to my face, only to bury her nose in my neck at the end, inhaling deeply. What the heck? “And you stink.” She finished as she backed away.

Throwing my clothes at me, she went out. “Go and bathe now.”

I shook my head. When I stood in front of the bathroom mirror, I was relieved to find myself still wearing my sweater since last night after school. Which meant no one knew about my scars. Yet. The wounds on my cheek seemed to have closed up. Standing under the hot, punishing spray of water, I allowed it to wash away what happened last night.

My mother.

Seungri.

Dara.

Especially Dara.

While I toweled myself dry, I thought about Dara. She had changed a lot. Really. No longer that loud, or obnoxious girl who used to yell at the top of her voice. In fact, she had stopped calling me her husband. For that, I am thankful.

A soft knock sounded at the door. See? No longer screaming out my name. “Jiyongie?” Okay. That nickname still stuck. Fine. “Are you alright?”

“No.” I answered with a roll of my eyes. “I think I’m dead, lying in a pool of blood.”

“Ha ha ha. Very funny. I cooked breakfast. Come down when you’re ready.”

Not bothering to reply, I stared at what I was wearing. Tight jeans and a white, short-sleeved shirt. Frowning, I pulled a hoodie over my head and made my way down the stairs. The smell of bacon and egg hit me hard, and I breathed it in greedily. Her lips turned upward at my arrival, but the smile slipped off when she took in my attire. “Why are you wearing that hoodie again?”

“Why can’t I?”

“I never get to see you wearing a white shirt anymore.” She pouted, feeling disappointed. “And why are you feeling so grieved over it?”

“You look younger in that shirt. It was my favourite,” was her silly reply.

“I’ll make sure I’ll never wear it again then.”

“Jiyong! Don’t be like that,” she whined. Ignoring her, I dug into my breakfast, grateful for something other than cup noodles and cereal today. “Can’t you cook. Ji? Why don’t you cook anymore? You used to cook really well.”

“I didn’t feel like cooking anymore.” I said, shrugging in reply. “It’s too tiring.”

Taking the now empty plate from me, she took it to the sink to wash it. “But I really miss your cooking.”

I scoffed before chugging down the orange juice. “Since when did you try it before?”

“You made a pancake for me before,” she said wistfully. “Only a pancake? Tch.” I placed the glass into the sink for her to wash as well.

“Don’t belittle that pancake!” She defended it as she shook the sponge at me, sending some of the foam into my eye. It hit spot-on, the soap entering, and my vision watered . “!” I cursed as the pain got worse. Squeezing that one eye shut, I watched with my other one as  Dara grabbed a piece of tissue paper and made her way to me.

“Oh my god, Jiyong, I am so sorry.” She moaned as she gripped my forearm to steady herself as she tip-toed to examine my eye. By doing that, she pulled her body flush against mine. I shifted uncomfortably as she continued to lean in closer. “Dara…” I said warningly.

“Huh?” She wiped the soap out of my eye, this time, her whole body was pressed against me as she balanced herself. “A little bit more.”

When she finally leaned away, I breathed a sigh of relief. “Okay, let’s go to schoo-” I was interrupted when she pushed me down onto a chair and went off to her school bag placed in a corner. “What now?”

“I brought some cream for your wound. Or scars. Whichever you want to call them.” She said as she came back with a bottle in her hand. When I thought she was going to grab a chair to sit down next to me, she plopped down on my lap instead, facing me. “What are you DOING?”

“Putting cream,” she replied nonchalantly as she squeezed some onto her finger. “Oh, yes. Why don’t you just grab the chair over there and then, put the cream?”

“I don’t want to. It takes too much time.” She puffed out her cheeks at me. Oh god. Sighing, I reached out and pulled a chair to my side, before placing my hands on her waist, lifting, or rather, pushing her to the other chair. “There. I got the chair for you.”

“Fine.” She said sulkily and pulled the chair closer to me. Jeez… What’s with her today?

As she came closer, I backed away. She groaned in frustration as she was too far away to reach me. Gritting her teeth, she grabbed my chin and forced my head down towards her. “That’d better.” She breathed. I could feel it on my cheek. For heaven’s sake, just get it over and done with. Her finger trailed down one of the scratches slowly, smoothing the cream onto it. When she reached the end, she used her thumb to spread it out more evenly. “Can you hurry up?” I snapped.

“Oh, just shut up Mr Whiney.”

After she repeated it seven times, I pushed her hand away her stood up, wanting some space. Dara raised her eyebrows at me but said nothing.

Our walk to school was silent. When we reached the school gates, we split up as per normal- her going off to her friends, and me walking to the classroom like a loner. No words were exchanged at all.

Seungri waved to me as soon as I entered the room. “What happened man? You look… ed up.”

“Do I now?” I replied dryly. “How bad do I look?”

“Dark eyebags. A huge frown on your face…” He trailed off.

“Anything else?”

“Nope.”

“Then it isn’t as bad as you think it is.”

“Seriously. What’s wrong?” Seungri said with a straight face.

I eyed him with doubt. Forget it. Just tell him. “I think Dara likes me.”

As I kind of expected, yet did not really expect, he burst out into laughter, doubling over as he clutched his stomach. “Oh god, this so funny.” He mimicked my voice with his best poker face. “I think Dara likes me.” He laughed again and clapped his hand on my shoulder. “You, are the most dumb, blind, deaf and stupid person I’ve ever met.”

“What?” I asked.

He straightened himself, wiping off his tears as Chaerin walked in, looking at me first, then him. “Nothing. Nothing at all.”

Then Bom walked in, flowing hair and all. She squinted at me, before walking off to Seunghyun.

Okay… Mind enlightening me what that was about?

When Dara walked in, I thought she would give me some weird glance as well. Instead, she blushed and walked off to our seats. I continued staring at her, until Chaerin’s voice broke into my thoughts.

“Excuse me, that is my seat.”

I don’t know if she’s trying to sound y, but she’s succeeding in it.

“Right. I’m so sorry.” I replied sarcastically as I stood up. When I was at my seat, I thought Dara would turn around, but she looked straight at the trees and greenery outside.

Bom and Seunghyun were deep in conversation, either one of them throwing looks at me now and then. Chaerin and Seungri were doing the same. It was unsettling. I couldn’t shake off the feeling that they were talking about me and it did not feel good.

*** ***

[Dara’s POV]

My whole body relaxed as I left Jiyong’s side.That had to be the most awkward walk with a boy ever. My subconscious looks up from her dictionary. You don’t say?

When Chaerin and Bom looked at me with concern in their eyes, I knew I couldn’t keep anything from them. Before I knew it, I had blurted out everything that happened since last night.

“You what?” Chaerin asked.

“I can’t believe you did that. I mean, I know you like Jiyong, Dara, but to lean against him like that is just plain ridiculous.” Bom said in a matter-of-fact voice.

“I know, I know,” I groaned into my hands which were covering my face to hide the blush growing in my cheeks. Just thinking about what I did made me feel so embarrassed. When in the world did I become so forward?

“And, you actually tried to sit on his lap.” Chaerin continued. “AND, kissed him on the forehead.”

I groaned again.

“Oh, puhlease, that small peck was nothing. It’s just a small little peck, not a full-out make out. It’s stupid to fuss over something like that. Besides, he was asleep, right?” Bom said as she looked at her nails. I swear, if she met my inner self, they would become best friends in less than a second. “Still, it was pretty brave of you to do those stuff with Jiyong.”

“Please, I’m dying of shame over here.” I mumbled in response. “So what now?” Chaerin asked.

“What what now?”

“I meant, what’s going to happen between you and Jiyong?” She said gently. I looked up from my hands and saw both of them staring at me.

 “I don’t know.”

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

@Ikalsada: OMG,  I didn't mean to scare you :D haha. I kind of laughed a lot when I saw your comment :3 Hehe, thanks for yoru compliments~ I was thinking of a way to make you notice your name and then my friend came along and was like, hey, let's make it font size 48!

And I agreed to do it. :D LOL IT WAS GOING TO BE FONT SIZE 72 but I made it smaller. I didn't want you to get a heart attack by seeing your name taking up the whole screen :3

T_T Writing in Jiyong's POV is like *groans* harder than Dara. Maybe because I'm like Dara._. Hmm....

That chapter was kinda short. When I was done typing it, I looked it through and was like, "Seriously? I thought it was LONGER?!" Haha :D

But here's a longer update now :)

You write a fic too? :D I SHALL GO AND CHECK. When I have the time to be online without my dad breathing down my shoulder.

 I'm so happy you think my story line is unique. >_< I  thought it was kind of cliche. because I find it hard to write naything else except school since I AM in school after all. Easier to write about. :)

 

@wishful: LOLOLOLOL, I thought my foreword and summary were horrible XD I at writing those. -3- I got horrible marks for my english essay on summarising. Nonetheless, thanks :D I'm really glad that you like the story cause I think it... .

I didn't include Taeyang because *whispers* I don't really like him that much. heh. I just don't >_< He irks me. Ehm, I liked Minzy and Daesung too of course, I was going to  include them and make them a pair as well, but I decided that juggling too many subplots would kill me  :D

I don't really spend much time on re- reading the chapters that I wrote, so I was kind of worried about my misspellings and vocabulary and grammar and all. Haha, I was chionging the chapters out during exam period, so I wasn't supposed to be online and had  to rush it out. So I didn't really have time to re check and all. I just posted it, rushed out the A/N at the end and logged off LOL.

:D I hope you did alright for your exams. T_T I did kind of bad. I GOT A 'B'. Or is it 'C'? *gets more depressed* Like really. BUT I IMPROVED :D. By one mark._. Ahahaha *inserts unenthusiastic laugh* I have to ask my teacher about this science project due on Wednesday, but she hasn't replied my email yet NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

 

@TOP12BOM: Aw, I'm so touched that you love it *sobs* o(T_T)o

Hope you subscribed! :D haha! Welcome to AFF :) And here's the update! :) Hope to see you comment again <3

 

Hehe, to all the rest: Thanks for the comments! ^_^ And here's the update! Do tell me if there are any mistakes, cos this is, once again, rushed out. Sorry if the previous chapters were kinda short Oo even I was surprised.

Love, skyhigh-x

 

PS. I'm thinking of doing a Daragon Oneshot >_< But it's kind of angsty. Should I do it? :D Hmm, I might post it soon LOL, anyway, hope to see more comments :D