Bom and CL - Dara

Clear My Heart, Set Me Free

[Dara's POV]

Us, less than two inches away. Yep. Not really good. His mouth formed a tiny 'o' as he began to realise the awkwardness of our current situation. I doubt if he knows that he's doing it, but oh well, thats what makes him adorable to me, I guess. When his mouth opens again, I knew what he was going to say.

"What the ?"

I roll my eyes at his polite choice of words. Can you hear the sarcasm? Still half-lying down on him, I slap his arm lightly. "Watch it. there's a lady here."

In response, he smirks. "What lady? I wasn't aware there was one here now."

Huffing indignantly, I struggled in his arms again. "Thats so mean! Well, I'm here right now, so move!"

This time, he lets me go, and I cough awkwardly to hide the blush that's bound to blossom in a few seconds again. He sits up as well.

then notice that he was wearing a black short-sleeve shirt and my eyes widen in surprise. There seemed to be lines that decorated his arm. Jiyong followed my gaze, and realised what I was staring at, his eyes hardening. He promptly stands up before I could have a good look and trudges over to his cupboard to retrieve a sweater and pulls it over his head.

"Uh..." I say nervously, wanting to ask what those lines were.

As if he could read my mind, he snaps, "If you ask me anything right now, you'll be out of this house before you can say my name."

Ooh, scary. My inner goddess says, and I can hear the sarcasm coating her words. "Uh..." I continue, racking my mind for another question. "Do you want me to... Get your breakfast?"

His steely eyes dissolve. "Yeah. Thanks."

Trapping my bottom lip between my teeth, I walk pass him to exit the room, tension radiating off him. Jeez, its so thick I could just grab a butcher knife and slice it already. Chillax man. I busy myself in the kitchen while he takes his own sweet time in the shower, and frowns at the almost empty fridge. What does he eat?! Pulling open a drawer, I found my answer. Cup noodles. Very unhealthy. I resist the urge to roll my eyes again.

Finally, I decided to just make do with what I had. After all, I was sure Eomma would start asking questions if I brought some eggs and ham to Jiyong's house now.

When Jiyong appears with a white fluffy towel rubbing his hair dry, butterflies flutter in my stomach. He looked so adorable.

"I'm not cute, so stop starin' at me like that." Jiyong says, irritation evident in his tone.

"You're so grumpy this morning." I poured him a glass of milk and slid it across the table. He caught it with ease and drank it in one gulp, placing it back on the table. Is that how he's so tall? He drinks milk like that? I'd better start too. I pout when I remember how short I was compared to him. Its just too unfair.

"Its not my fault you're short. So quit complainin'."

"Well, stop reading my mind already!" I reply exasperately and throw my hands into the air, momemtarily forgetting about the bowl of cereal I was holding.

Holy mama, what have I done today to deserve such humiliation?! I groan internally as I watch some of the cereal fly out of the bowl only to head straight for the floor.

"Lets see, somebody crashed into me this morning, so now my whole body aches. Plus, she's just upset a bowl of cereal all over my kitchen floor. How's that sound?" The side of his lips quirk up slightly.

"Shut up." I mutter back sulkily as I crouch down to my knees to pick up the cereal. Thankfully, there wasn't much to clean up. After refilling the bowl, I passed it to him, along with a carton of milk. No words were exchanged while he ate his cereal. 

Suddenly, I remembered my previous thought. "Do you smoke?"

His spoon pauses mid-air, the cereal and milk spilling back into the bowl. "Yeah. Why?" He answers uncertainly.

"Nothing. Just, don't smoke on campus. I don't want you to get suspended." Lame excuse. I felt like asking him since when and all that, but hold back. He doesn't look like he's up for a conversation now. 

Walking over to a corner, I pick my bag up again. I had jumped over to his house carrying it, and it must have added some more weight. In fact, the thick dictionaries must've really contributed to the weight. "Ready?"

He nods back mutely and (hopefully) goes off to grab his bag and textbooks. 

Walking side by side with Jiyong to school has got to be the best ever. Even though we don't talk much, and he just stares straight in front, mouth pressed into a thin line. I can already see him fixing his mask in place. Sighing inaudibly, I try to keep up as his long legs take even longer strides. 

"I'm sorry about this morning. Really." Peering at him through my eyelashes, I search his face for an answer.

To my relief, he smlies very slightly and says, "Don't worry, I totally understand since you've got two left feet."

I relaxed when I heard he didn't mind, only to pick up the last part of his sentence. Slugging him on his arm, I said defensively, "What do you mean TWO LEFT FEET."

"This is what I meant when I said I couldn't see a lady next to me. A lady doesn't hit people." He taunts as he leans down.

"UGH! You are impossible!" I stomp my feet angrily while he continues walking.

"Says the one who decided to take a morning leap into somenbody's balcony."

"I hate your irritating wit."

"Thanks for the compliment."

How can I like someone so mean to me? Well, not always, but still.

I say weakly, "Whatever."

"Nice comeback."

"ARGHHHHHHHH!"

*** ***

[Jiyong's POV]

I chuckled softly to myself as I watched Dara fume rather blatantly. She's just too fun to tease. Silly girl. A bit crazy too. Which kind of girl goes to a guy's house alone? Hands in my pocket, I continued walking quickly, glancing at her quickly when she thinks I'm not looking. Does she think I'm oblivious to her stares? 

When I look at her again, she is staring intently at me through her eyelashes, chewing her bottom lip. Yeah, thats ing cute too. Good gods, what am I thinking?! She's Sandara park for god's sake! I mentally slap myself and look at something else. The trees, the birds, the ground. Anything.

Finally, the school gates come into view, and I sigh wearily, thinking of classes, making 'new friends' and all other kinds of . Dara on the other hand, starts grinning like a mad idiot and waves at her friend, almost hitting me in the process. I pull up my hood and try to avoid eye contact, slouching my shoulders.

Someone pulls on my arm and tugs it out from my pocket, turning me towards him or her. I shuffle only to see Dara's smile as she tucks a slip of paper into my hands before hugging me. "Sit next to me later! By the way, you look soooooo cute with the hood up." Stunned as always though she hugs me almost every time she sees me, I stand still until she's out of my sight. 

The piece of paper turned out to be my timetable and Dara has highlighted it with yellow and pink markers everywhere. I pause in surprise, and for a moment, I think that the timetable is supposed to be this colourful. Then I realise its Dara's doing. Gritting my teeth in anger, I take note of the classroom and stash the slip into my bag carelessly.

I'm going to ing kill her later.

*** ***

[Dara's POV]

When we enter the school grounds, almost immediately, Jiyong's mask slides into place. I spot Bom and CL under a tree and wave frantically at them to catch their attention. Bom sees me and looks up from her book to wave back, while CL raises an eyebrow and goes back to her Ipod.

Before I ran to join them, I retrieved Jiyong's timetable and push it to him, laughing on the inside when I think of him finding out how colouful his timetable will be. Glancing up at him, I see his sulky face framed by his hood. After giving him a brief hug telling him he looks cute, I rush off to our usual spot- under the trees. Bom tucks her book into her bag and stands up to hug me. 

"Did I just see you walk in with Kwon Jiyong? The Kwon Jiyong?" She teases.

"Bom," I scold her, trying to mask my disapproval. "He's the same Kwon Jiyong I've been walking to school with since 5th grade."

CL snorts and stands up with panther-like grace, slinging on her book bag. "Its known to the world that you've had a crush on him since 3rd grade."

"Chaerin!" I blush crimson and shake my head. They know me all too well. 

As we walk down the halls, me in the middle, boys stop to stare at the two ladies next to me.

I must look pretty weird. An ordinary girl, with two beauties walking next to me.

Bom walks slightly ahead of us practically blooming with happiness and confidence, her hips swaying side to side as her cherry-bomb red, waist-long hair flows along. I'm pretty sure that dying of hair colour is off the school rules, but teachers keep their mouths shut since she's one of those smart-alecks. Since 6th grade till now, Bom has highlighted strips of her originally black hair to pink. Then she dyed her entire hair brown. After a few months, blonde hair. When she felt a bit more daring, she dyed it to violet, then turquoise, and now, red. She always goes around with a bright smile, and is rather tall. Thats not a bad thing really.

On the other hand, Chaerin has her own style which mostly revovles around expensive leather jackets, black skinny jeans, a mix of chains, not to mention her pair of sunglasses. Her carefully styled bangs fall artfully over her face, covering enough to make her look cool and slightly mysterious. Have I mentioned that her family is really really rich? She isn't the snobby sort, but she does have unlimited access to branded goods. She has a quiet sense of aura that screams 'Don't--With-Me'. When she takes in her surroundings silently, students are a bit wary and careful around her. But to me, I think she's a bit of a... er around Seungri. Don't tell her I said that.

As if to prove my point, Seungri pops around the corner all cool and suave, and Chaerin runs forward to greet with a special smile only for him. Other students watch in surprise as he gives a tiny peck on her lips before taking her hand. Chaerin waves back to us and walks off with her boyfriend, telling us she'll see us in class later.

She's so lucky to find a boyfriend like Seungri. Bom sighs, "I envy her."

"Aw, Bom," I console her. "Don't worry, we'll be single ladies together."

However, TOP comes into view and Bom squeals while shaking me to and fro. "Oh. My. Gosh. How do I look? Tell me!" Without waiting for my reply, she fixes her long, already perfect hair and beams at me.

I must've forgotten that she's head over heels in love with Choi Seunghyun, but they aren't exactly a couple yet. I'm sure they will be sooner or later, because TOP seems to have taken a special liking to her.

TOP comes to a stop in front both of us, exuding an aura of authority and power (for some unknown reason) and Bom whimpers. Get a grip on yourself dudette!

"Hello ladies." He greets us in that deep voice of his, sending a smile to Bom. She pinches me on my arm harder and I try not to wince.

"We're all in the same class, yes?"

I nod quickly, trying to shoo him away before my blood circulation in my arm gets cut off while Bom's killer nails dig in deeper into my flesh as she nods sweetly at him trying to prolong the moment. 

"Want to sit next to me later?" He asks Bom while blinking at her a bit shyly and I think Bom has just expired. I can almost feel the excitement radiating off her when she glances at him and nods a 'yes'. When he finally walked off, I almost cried tears of joy as Bom let go of my arm.

"Oh my god. Am I dreaming? Kill me now!" Bom declares dramatically placing a hand on her forehead. She really should try out for English Drama as her CCA instead of her current CCA now- choir.

"Choi Seunghyun just spoke to me! KYAAAAAAAAAAA!" She screamed as she jumped around like an excited bunny. "This calls for a celebration, insert drumrolls please, SOME CORN!"

"Please, Bom, control yourself. We're in the middle of the hallway!" I grit out, rubbing my tender arm while she prances about like a cheerleader. "You should try out for the squads. TOP would faint seeing you in a cheerleading outfit."

"Really?" She gasps then grins. "Lets try out together!"

Pulling me on my now officially sore arm, she drags me to the cheerleading try-out sheet and flourishes a red pen out of nowhere before signing both of our names carefully on the paper in her fancy handwriting. "Park Bom! What in the world have you done?!"

Before I can murder her, the bells rings loud and clear signaling that lessons were staring in five minutes. I shake my head and groan as she once again hauls me towards our classroom by my arm.

Great. I'm going to try out for cheerleading? Kill me now.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

:D Okay. O.o the chapter's are getting kind of long. heh.