It Isn't Just The Two of Us Now- Dara

Clear My Heart, Set Me Free

[Jiyong’s POV]

“How does she have your keys?” Seungri said, puzzled.

“She duplicated them herself.” I rolled my eyes.

“Jiyong?” She flung the door aside as she rushed to me with horror etched on her pale face. “Oh my god. What happened to your face?”

Grasping my head gently, she tilted it this way and that to examine the wounds closely. “Oh god, oh god, oh god. These may leave scars, Jiyong.”

“That’s why I didn’t want to touch them, in case he blames me for his future happiness in seeking a wife.”

Grumbling to myself about all the fuss, I propped myself up on my elbows, avoiding her hands. When she prods my cheeks, I cried out in pain and fell back down onto my bed. “ you.”

She frowned at me before turning to Seungri. “So what happened?”

*** ***

[Dara’s POV]

Not long after calling Seungri, the pain subsided and I breathed a sigh of relief. When the phone rang, I jumped at the contact flashing across my phone screen. It was Seungri. Oh god, what if something happened to Jiyong?

“Hello?”

“HELLO THIS IS DARA. WHAT HAPPEN-” Worried, I yelled into the phone.

“Jeez, dudette. There are such things as phone etiquette you know.”

“Oh my god. DID SOMETHING HAPPEN TO JIYONG? WHAT HAPPENED? HOW IS HE? IS HE ALRIG-”

“He’s fi-”

“I’M COMING OVER RIGHT NOW.”

Slamming down the phone, my eyes widened in horror at what may have happened to Jiyong. Is he injured? Hurt? “Eomma, I’m going out for a while!” 

As I passed by the bathroom, Mi Cha called out to me, sounding a little disturbed.

“Unnie, the toilet stinks. What did you do to it? And what’s that green thing floating in the water?”

Oh brother.

When I reached Jiyong’s front door and saw the mangled door knob hanging from its hinges, I gulped. After ringing the doorbell twice with no response, I called out hesitantly. “Jiyong? I’m coming in.” The door creaked open with the slightest push of my hand.

I stashed the keys into an inner pocket of my jacket and crept in, wrinkling my nose at the putrid smell coming from an almost-empty bottle of alcohol lying on the kitchen table. I hope Jiyong hasn’t added drinking to his accumulating list of bad habits.

Hearing voices from Jiyong’s bedroom, I headed to that direction. As the voices became clearer, I could hear that one of them was Seungri. “Jiyong?” I pushed open the door forcefully and saw Jiyong on top of Seungri half-strangling half-shaking him.

It seemed like all was fine till I saw Jiyong’s face. It had red welts on each of his cheek, and some of them were bleeding a bit.

“Oh my god. What happened to your face?” Shocked, I rushed forward and pushed him off Seungri, grabbing his face to have a better view of the scratches. “Oh god, oh god, oh god. These may leave scars, Jiyong.” I frowned worriedly at that thought.

“That’s why I didn’t want to touch them, in case he blames me for his future happiness in seeking a wife.” Seungri commented dryly.

On the other hand. Jiyong was leaning on his elbows, avoiding my wandering hands. Annoyed, I poked one of his wounds. Though feeling slightly guilty, I was smug as I achieved its desired effect.

As expected, Jiyong went back down with a yell. “ you.”

Scowling at his choice of language, I looked at Seungri solemnly. “So what happened?”

“His mother came to get some money and clawed him.” He shrugged. “I came in when she was strangling him.”

“Does he know?” I asked Jiyong. About your past. About your mother. About your father.

“Wait, she knows right?” Seungri asked at the same time.

Jiyong nodded wearily in response before lying back down, closing his eyes.

To be honest, I wasn’t very happy with that answer. I wasn’t very happy that Seungri knew about it. I felt… special being the only person knowing about Jiyong’s past. Other than him, his father and his mother. It was like I was sharing this secret with him.

I shouldn’t be this selfish.

I should be glad that Jiyong had one more person by his side now.

But I wasn’t.

Feeling slightly bitter, I mentally chastised myself for being this way and went to the bathroom to retrieve the first aid kit to see if I could find anything to treat Jiyong’s wounds. Seungri padded behind me.

“I didn’t know you were this close to Jiyong.” He commented.

I fought the red heat creeping its way up my cheeks.

“Should I tell the rest about Jiyong’s problem?” He continued when I didn’t reply.

“No,” I said instantly. “Let Jiyong decide.”

Giving me a pat on my head, he chuckled. “You really love him, huh?”

“What?” My jaw dropped to the ground and I glanced nervously at Jiyong to check that he wasn’t listening. He was asleep. Thank god. I didn’t have to touch my cheeks to know that they were burning. “Go away!”

“Dara’s swimming in a river,” he sang tauntingly. “You know what river it is?”

My reply was a glare.

“The River Nile! Get it? The Nile?” He insisted.

“NO.”

“The River Nile! The Nile! Doesn’t it sound like ‘denial’? You’re swimming in denial! Get it?”

“No. Now get your out of this house.”

“Heyyy, you owe me. It’s late, y’know?”

Glancing at a nearby clock, I realized that it was already 9PM. “Sorry about it.”

He grinned. “No problem! At least I now know about Jiyong’s problem!”

This brought all of my conflicted emotions to the surface again.

“Bye Dara!” Without waiting for my reply, he trooped out of the house, leaving me alone. Alone with my selfish emotions.

Gripping the handle of the first aid box tightly, I muttered. “Bye.”

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Hi hi hi hi hi! i'm baaaaaaack. LOL. I was working on my new fic. 

It's called Unknowingly Sweet, and it's a WOOU fic!

http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/188528/unknowingly-sweet-iusinger-leejieun-woou-wooyoung-milkycouple

Even if y'all don't like WOOU,  I hope you'll still check  the story out :D

Hello to all new subscribers! ^_^ Hope you'll leave me some comments, haha.

@yellshiji:  Dara didn't go 'cause she was in pain, so she asked Seungri as he used to be the closest to Jiyong :)

:) Thanks for all the comments people! :D  

Hope I'll see moooooooooore ;)

xoxo,  skyhigh-x.