Chapter 6

Photograph

I fished out my phone as I try to message Wendy when someone suddenly bumped into me.

"Noona? Seulgi noona?", he asked with his eyes full of excitement.

"It's Mark noona. We performed once for the festival", he said while pointing at himself.

" I got this feeling aye bae gunggeumhagetji
You all know this feeling
geumbanginikka jamshi dugoga
So drop ’em aswiumi got tteollim
So just drop ’em for you
You know this feeling
", he started singing and that's when I remember him.

"Sorry I didn't quite recognize you. You changed a lot", I said as I smiled at him.

"It was all because of you noona. If it weren't for that performance, I wouldn't be in where I am now", he said with his eyes full of glee. Seeing that I'm still clueless must've caught him off guard.

"A couple of months after that performance, I was scouted by an agency to be a trainee and eventually they allowed me to debut in a boy group called 'NCT'", he explained.

"Oh!", I said as the words started to sink in.

"That famous boy group under the leading entertainment company SM?", I asked in shock to which he answered with a nod.

"They actually didn't allow me to come here but I insisted. I owe everything to almost everyone in this room. This is the least I could do. And I owe you too much that I wanted to give as much as I can to repay you", he said with a smile.

"You don't have to do that. You're 'thank you' is more than enough"

"I insist noona. How about I'll treat you to a lunch or a dinner maybe?", he asked with his expectant eyes.

"Well, well, what do we have here, the famous Mark of NCT and Seulgi?", another man asked as he placed his arm against Mark's shoulder.

"Kang Seulgi, what a pleasant surprise!", he said earning the attention of the people in the crowd.

"Seulgi!", a blonde haired man stepped closer taking a look at me. I hardly recognized him at first but his voice is enough for me to know that he is Kyuhyun-oppa.

"Yah Kang Seulgi! Is that really you?", a tall skinny woman said as she tried to look at my face.

"Seulgi-unnie!!", someone screamed and the next thing I knew I was engulfed by a tight hug. It was Yooa, she hasn't changed a bit.

All eyes were on me as she pulled away from the hug. A familiar figure emerged from the crowd and stood beside me holding my hand. It was Wendy. Soon after, Yerim and Joy went to stand beside me also.

"Now, now, you have to give Seulgi-unnie enough space people. You guys are making her feel dizzy", Joy said as she placed a protective hand in front of me. I smiled at her but I accidentally caught a glimpse of a certain person.

She was standing not so far from me with her eyes wide probably in shock. Her hand holding the little girl's hand. The girl was tugging at her dress trying to catch her attention. I averted my gaze as I cannot hold her stare any longer without breaking apart.

I buried my face against Wendy's shoulder while holding her hand a little bit tighter. My head starts throbbing in pain. Wendy touched my face gently as if to reassure me.

"Do you want to go home now?", she whispered against my ear to which I answered with a nod. Yerim and Joy looked at me worriedly.

"We gotta go ahead first", Wendy said to Joy and Yerim.

"Aw, don't be such a bummer Wendy. It's been so long since Seulgi attended a reunion. How about you sing a song with Mark? Just like the old days", a bulky Kangin oppa said while grinning.

"'s not on a good condition. She won't be able to sing a song for you", Wendy said while shooting daggers towards Kangin-oppa.

"That's okay. Wendy, you can take Seulgi home if she wants to", Leeteuk-oppa said as he emerged from the crowd.

"I will accompany you guys. It's been so long since I last saw you Nabi", a blonde Heechul oppa said as he stepped closer to us. He was smiling at me with his brotherly smile. I guess some things just doesn't change. He's still the same reliable oppa I used to know.

Heechul oppa guided us as we exit the crowded restaurant. There were several people calling my name. But Heechul-oppa dismissed it. He gives us the reassurance that we really need.

We managed to go out without a hassle all thanks to Heechul oppa.

"It's nice to see you again Nabi-ah", he said as he gave me one of his charming smile.

"Thank you oppa", I said as I bowed to him.

"Yah, you don't need to be so formal", he said with a reassuring smile.

"Sorry for not keeping in touch for the past five years oppa", I said with my head hanging low.

"You had it rough, Seulgi. I understand why you had to do it. But, will you call me when you arrive home or if you need anything or just to catch up and hang out?", he said with eyes full of anticipation. And who am I to reject it after all the things he have done for me.

"I will oppa", I said as I smiled shyly.

We exchanged numbers then we bid our goodbye. As I was about to get inside the car, Heechul-oppa called me once again.

"Remember to call me Nabi-ah. And if you need anything 'Don't hesitate, I will always be here. I'll let you call me baby'", he said or rather sang. I chuckled as I waved goodbye. Some things just doesn't change.

---

Author's note:

Sorry for making this fluff by adding heechul's character 😂