Chapter 4

Photograph

It has been days since the two evil maknae decided to camp or rather live in my apartment. They have been feeding me their reason that they are too afraid that I would disappear once again. Maybe part of it was true. I realized that they didn't change much. They are still the same evil maknae that love to play pranks with each other but mostly me.

When they first learned that I was with Wendy all along, they have been calling her traitor and would playfully give her a look. Being the kind and gullible Wendy, she tried to appease the duo. She would drop by almost everyday and bring foods or sometimes she would cook or bake for us. We ended up spending lots of time together. It was good. Just like the old times. For once, I was genuinely happy.

"How about going to the reunion together unnie? It would be a great scene if our old schoolmates see us together. I can picture out their faces already", Yeri suggested once.

"Yes, that would certainly be great", Joy chimed giving the younger a high five.

"That's okay with me", Wendy answered without looking away from her phone. The maknaes are looking at me expectantly waiting for my confirmation.

"I don't think I would be able to go kids", I answered and I was met by their disappointed eyes.

"I had a lot of stuff I need to do. I can't slack off. I just can't", I continued.

"But it was just one night unnie. I don't think it would make much of a difference",  Joy said.

"I really can't. I'm sorry. I'll just make it up to you"

And just like that, we dropped the topic. For others, they might think that it wouldn't make much of a difference. But no one could predict what might happen. What if she ended up showing up there? Am I prepared to face her? Will she even face me? Will she talk to me? Will she recognize me?

A part of me was curious. I wanted to know what happened to her. What she was up to this days. What does she look like.

"The maknaes really brings out a bright mood right?", Wendy said as she sat beside me handing me a can of soda. The two kids run off somewhere as soon as the movie ended.

"It does", I said while opening the can of soda ang taking a sip.

"You sure smile a lot this days. And I'm happy to see you happy Seul", Wendy said sincerely to which I answered with a smile.

"You know how much I care about you and how I would do anything just to make you happy Seul", she said and I nodded.

"Don't you think it's about time?", she asked. And I was staring at her not following what she's saying.

"The reunion", she continued.

"I think this is the best time for you to get back on your feet Seul. The kids are there, I will be there. We will be there with you in every step you take", she said.

"I'm not sure I'm ready yet. What if she's there? I can't face her just yet", I said as I gulped the remaining content of my soda.

"You will never be prepared Seul. Everything is uncertain when it comes to love. We can never tell what might happen at the reunion. But if there's one thing that I'm sure of, that is you won't walk alone",  she said.

"People would ask me a lot of question" I said.

"And it's up to you to answer them or not", she said while smiling.

"I'm not the Kang Seulgi I used to be", I said as I gather my legs and bury my face against it.

But Wendy being Wendy lifted my face and held it so that she's looking straight in my eye.

"They are not the same person either. Sure thing you changed a lot, but you're still the amazing person I used to know Seul", she said as she smiled genuinely.

And it's time like this that I'm thankful for Wendy's existence. She was the only friend who stood beside me and never left. She was stubborn enough to stay despite my plan to runaway and disappear. I think she has a Seulgi detector. She always have her ways to find me. 
 


She saw me at my most vulnerable state but she did not judge me. She was curious but she never asked. She was never the one who would insist or force you into telling her what happened. She was silently watching over me. When I was lost, she found me. She constantly remind me to live when I almost gave up.

A sudden tug on my shirt brought me back to reality. There was a pull and a hug, a not so tight but a consoling hug.

"It was tough, I know. But always know that I'm always here beside you", she said as she pats my back.

---

Author's note:

WenSeul/ Seuldy anyone? 😉