Chapter 5

Photograph

My dreaded day finally came. It was the day of reunion. The duo and even Wendy are busy preparing for the said event. I'm still not sure if this is the right thing to do. There are so many possibilities about what would happen tonight. My hands are sweating, I'm fidgeting, I'm having a cold sweat. I was infront of the mirror contemplating whether I should back out or not when the door swings open.

"Don't you dare back out on us, unnie", Joy said then she shut the door close. I released a long sigh as I stare at myself in the mirror. The door opened once again revealing Wendy.

"Just checking on you. You should probably start preparing now.", she said then she shut the door.

I changed my clothes with a black hoodie and slightly ripped jeans paired with my chuck taylor shoes. I applied a little bit of make-up and wear my round glasses. I don't want to catch anyone's attention. I wanted to be invisible. Should I need to hide, I would just wear my hoodie and pretend to not exist.

When they first saw what I'm wearing, their jaws dropped.

"What the hell are you wearing unnie?", Joy asked in a not so polite manner.

"Language Joy. So, what the heck is this Seul", Wendy said to which Joy rolled her eyes.

"A hoodie?", I said playing dumb.

"We know that's a hoodie but we are attending a reunion not some casual hang out with friends. I wouldn't even wear that even if it's just hanging out with friends", Joy said with much disgust.

"Either this or I'm not going", I said firmly.

"Fine. Let her be. Let's go", Wendy said.

"Geez, unnie just have to ruin my fantastic four reunion", Yeri said.

"I know right, such a bummer", Joy said as she linked her arm with Yeri.

The place is a restaurant owned by one of our schoolmate. It was a huge restaurant. And cozy too. The place is filled with familiar and unfamiliar faces. At the back situated a large swimming pool. There was a certain area for fine dining, a bar, and for VIPs.

"Suho oppa owned and manage this place. You still remember him right?", Joy asked.

I was not able to answer for I was looking at nothing but the floor. I was feeling dizzy. A hand holding mine brought me back to reality. I look up only to find Wendy smiling at me as she held my hand tighter.

"Joy, Wendy, Yeri and who is th..Seulgi?", the guy said with an amused expression.

"You're Seulgi right? Glad to finally see you again. You still remember me right?", he asked as he was staring straight at me. I hang my head down low feeling anxious at the pair of eyes staring at me.

"Teukie..teukie..Leeteuk?", he said awkwardly. I looked up only to find him smiling at me awkwardly.

"You remember?", he asked once again to which I nodded. And he smiled in relief.

"You're scaring her oppa!", Yerimie said.

"Yes, you're scaring unnie", Joy chimed.

"Wha.."

"It's okay oppa. It's good to see you too", I cutted him off. He was now smiling from ear to ear.

Leeteuk oppa leads us to the nearby table. The place is packed with a lot of people. I roam my eyes to see some familiar faces.

"It has been years Seulgi-ah, what have you been up to lately?", Leeteuk oppa asked.

"Oppa, stop asking her question already. We barely managed to drag her into this reunion", Joy said.

"Okay, okay. I'll be around when you need me. Just call me. Enjoy the night girls", he said then he disappeared in the crowd.

"Sooyoung-ah, how have you been?", a tall guy approached Joy.

"I'm perfectly fine until you came", Joy said not sparing a glance at the poor guy.

"I'm really sorry Joy. It was a mistake, I was out of my mind, I was drunk that night", the tall guy said.

---
"I'm sorry Joohyun-ah. It was a mistake. I was drunk. I didn't know what I was doing", I said as I looked at her sincerely.

"You were drunk? You didn't know what you were doing? Of course you knew it! You knew you easily get wasted with alcohol and yet you still drunk. You knew that they are up to no good but you still went with them. You knew she was hitting on you but you pretended not to care but you do. Don't give me a crappy excuse Seulgi!", she said or rather screamed at me angrily.

"I swear it's not what you think it is", I said.

"Oh come on Seulgi. Admit it! You liked it. You like the attention she's been giving you. You like the attention they've been giving you. You liked being the oh-so-popular Seulgi", she spat at me.

"It's my fault unnie. I'm sorry", I said pleadingly.

"See you're not even denying it! I'm so tired, Seulgi", she said exasperatedly.

"Unnie, please", I begged.

"Just go away Seulgi! I need to rest", she said as she pushed the room open leaving me to stare at her retreating back once again
.

---
"Seulgi! Seulgi!", a snap of finger right in front of my face brought me back to reality. Wendy was looking at me worriedly. The two kids are no longer around. It was just me and Wendy.

"Yes?"

"Are you okay? I asked if you want something to drink, I'll go and get something for us"

"I'm okay. A juice would be fine", I answered.

"Would you be okay here? Should I call Yeri to accompany you?", she asked with much concern.

"I'll be fine Wendy. You can go ahead", I reassured her though I'm not sure myself.

"Okay then. I'll be quick", then she left and disappeared in the crowd.

After a couple of minutes with Wendy still not in sight, I grew more and more anxious. Some people would sit beside me and ask me who I am, some recognized me. They would ask me question to which I would answer with a nod or shaking of head. They might think I'm being impolite but I could care less. This crowd, this people might seem familiar but feels strange at the same time and it suffocates me.

I decided to stroll at the poolside. The place is crowded too but everyone's busy having conversation that they hardly even notice me. There was a kid playing beside the pool. I searched the vicinity for the possible mother or father of the kid. Who would bring a kid in a reunion anyway. The kid was dangerously close to the pool. In a blink of an eye, the kid slip and went directly into the water. With instinct, I immediately went and dive in to get the kid. She was gasping when I pulled her out of the water. The people around us noticed it and a commotion started. I wear my hoodie to hide my face.

After coughing and spitting out water, the kid touched my face and smiled at me. Somehow, her features remind me of someone.

"You shouldn't really hang around near the poolside kid", I said while catching my breath.

"Seolhyun!" That voice. That same voice is too familiar. I glanced at the direction of the voice and I saw her. The same girl I fell in love with. The same girl who gave me the best thing I could ever ask but I was not able to keep. The same girl that I'm trying to avoid crossing paths with. The exact same girl that I've been longing for the past 5 years.

"Omma!", the kid suddenly blurted out and as I follow her line of vision my world came crushing down. It was her. She was the mother of this kid. I immediately escaped from the scene.

But my heart wants what it wants. I hide myself at the nearest wall wanting to look at her. She was still the same if not prettier. Her brows knit when she noticed how wet the kid is, her kid. She was still cute when her lips turn to a pout, even when reprimanding the kid. The kid smiled and so did she. Her lips turning upward as her eyes turn into a mere slit. They both have the same smile. A breathtakingly beautiful smile. I smiled bitterly. I guess I found my closure. It's really time to move on.