7. Seven Years, and he still knows how to make her blush

13 ways to tell her
Please log in to read the full chapter

When they first met seven years ago. He just recruited as a new trainee by SM.

As much as he wanted to be a singer, but being separated with your family at the age of 17 was not really something that would be adjusted easily. No wonder he ended up being miserable and home sick.

Then he met her, a young girl at age of 14 who had been a trainee since she was 13. He did know how and why, but her presence had been a sanctuary for him.

Maybe because even she was that young yet she was mature and calm.

Maybe because everything about her reminded of home and childhood memory.

But there is one thing that he would always remember.

That one day when she was introducing herself with blushing cheeks: 'Kyuhyun-sshi, I am Joohyun, and I...I... think you have a very beautiful voice.' Then she hid herself behind Sooyoung before he was able to retort.

***

He was her hoobae then, but five months later they put him as the 13th and last member of the new sensation of K-Pop, the phenomenal Super Junior.

Unlike the others, his addition was too sudden. Both for fans and the members. Pros and Cons were everywhere. Even for him, who was always a fighter; the bullies sometimes were too much for a young heart like his to take.

Therefore, that one day, he went to the roof in the morning to scream his frustration out loud. But on the contrary of what he thought, he was not alone.

A soft voice, scary but full of care, was echoed in that serene morning, 'Kyuhyun-sunbae, don't worry, things were be better through times. Those Oppas were not that bad. They were just being stupid, envied you because you were not need to be in the trainee for a long time.'

His gaze met her. Wondered why he never noticed her beautiful big brown eyes before. 'Joohyun-ah, thanks. Your statement made me feel better.'

She nodded shyly and prepared herself to go when he called, 'and oh, call me Oppa, ok?'

He watched with fascination when her cheeks turned its color to pink rose.

***

A year later, SNSD was formed.

Joohyun is the maknae. Another similarity that she shared with him.

First, their same little name.

There were times when people that closed to them teased them by calling their last name when they were around each  other. But other times, they got confused when somebody seriously called one of them. So his hyungs calls him 'Kyu' instead and her unnies calls her 'Hyunnie'.

Second, they both possess a childish obsession.

He was addicted to computer game, while she was a diehard fan of anime. Both could spend hours at night before their respective leader stood in front of them and threatened them to cook for the whole band if they did not stop.

And now this. The maknae’s status. The positions that request them to be forever cute, careful and unique.

But if somebody asked those who closed to them, there was one more similarity that those people did take a notice.

Their infatuations to each other.

The stolen glances during shows and practices. The staring contests when they thought no one had seen.

And yet when they were by themselves, one would run away and left the other one speechless.  

Until that one day when he saw her with short hair. When he almost made her cried by blurting on how y she was. Forgetting that she was just 16.

He waited in front of the girl dorm the day after to catch her and apologized. And when he finally met her (after three screams from Yoona, Taeyeon and Sunny, and two icy stares from Hyoyeon and Jessica), he caught again that trademark blushed of her. 

The one he did not know until that moment that he was addicted to.

***

Then they shared stages on the first SM Tour. She was still as shy as a little swan, though her appearance was more than a goddess.

He watched her with amusement when she bowed with her usual blushing cheeks everytime they met and then ran to one of her unnies to hid herself.

Ryeowook once told him that she might got a crush on him. ‘But that is ok, because I think you have a crush on her too.’ ‘Omo! What do you think? I am a e? She’s only 17!’

When Wookie chuckled, he threatened him that he

Please log in to read the full chapter