11. The Wells of Love, Hope, Lies and Denial

13 ways to tell her
Please log in to read the full chapter

Everyone knew that the ‘Mighty’ Cho Kyuhyun was a boy who had everything. Good looks, possessions and brain. There was even long list of those, girls and boys, who would worshipping the ground that he walked by.

Everything. But a girl named Seo Joohyun.

Yet no one knew this hole in his heart because he kept it very well deep within his heart.

After all, as the most desire boy in the campus, surely he could not be in love with some quiet and shy girl who no one in his popular circle was really care if she existed or not.

Except it was clearly a denial. Since his world was actually revolved around her. Ever since they accidentally met that one day in the park near their campus.

It was a rare warm day in their spring break when everybody celebrated it with activities outside. That’s included Kyuhyun, who strangely choose to not go with his buddies on their usual trips to the beach and took pride of eyes that admired them when they walked by.

And just like those extraordinary days when fate played around, he selected to have a sole memory stroll in the park.

Long time ago, when he was still four years old, he used to walk there with his mother, picked flowers and chased birds on every step his chubby legs had taken. Sometimes, in a rare day of their usual walks, they would encountered a lovely lady who were holding hand with a three years old girl who bounced on every steps she took. Made her the loveliest things that he was ever seen in his still very early life.

Kyuhyun was always stopped his step whenever he saw that little girl. Watched with interest when she wrinkled her nose or stomped her little chubby legs or tilted her head to the right. His mother would be laughing when he did that because Little Kyuhyun was not the easy one when it came to standing still and observed.

He was never understood why whenever this little girl came  to his peripheral of vision, he would then forgot everything else but her. Maybe because her eyes were shining brightly whenever their gaze met, blocked every other thing that was appeared around. But ever since, the two children were each other’s confidante and strength.

That’s until five years and a beautiful friendship later, the lovely lady and her angelic baby suddenly vanished from the world. He remembered how numb he was when he ran to the park and could not found her. His mother hugged him tightly when the little boy looked at her with sad and teary eyes when she told him that his best friend had moved abroad.

He lost several things that day she went : friend, little sister, and one thing he was not aware that time, his ability to trust someone. The scar of having  his other half being taken away so abruptly had made him a very complicated person : playful in appearance but cold at heart.

He was also trying to forget the little girl, put all of his best to erase all things related to her.  Today, ten years later, he might be able to forget her features, but sometimes in his dreams, the little girl would be appeared and someone from a far would call her name.

So if he was honest to himself, it was not completely correct that it was only a hunch that he went there that day, because the same date, ten years ago, was the last day he saw her.

He was walking between the bushes of flowers and assemblages of birds when someone crashed him from the left side. A skillful hockey player that he was, he had a good reflect when it came to someone tackled him. He maneuvered such way that he brought along the person with him when he fell down to the grass.  A person who he instantly knew was a girl based on the soft skin and curve.

He opened his eyes and saw beautiful eyes looked back at him. He blinked before quickly rose and offered his hand to the girl who was lying on the grass underneath him. “Uh, Sorry!”

The girl’s cheeks turned red when she took the hand and rose herself. “No, it was my fault. I am sorry.”  

Their gaze met and he was forgetting everything else as he lost in the deep sea of her beautiful orbs.

“Uh.” She softly tugged her hand off his grasp.

Finally sober, his cheeks were also turning red when he realized he still hold her hand tightly although she was already perfectly standing by her own.  “I am sorry!”

The girl suddenly smiled and looked amused. “I should be the one who said sorry and thank you.”

He blinked. “Uh, sor… uh, yeah. I am okay.  No worries. But you should be more careful next time.” 

She nodded and then bowed. “Again, thank you.”

She was about to leave when he was unconsciously catching her arm. “Wait!” She looked at him in confusion.  He looked at his hand and took it off her arm. “I am sor… Uh, What I meant… Uh, after this collision, shouldn’t we know each other’s name?”

She blinked several time and the rose color of her cheeks came back. He felt his confidence which was missing for the last few minutes finally took its right place back. “I am Cho Kyuhyun, nice meeting you.”

It took some seconds in silent before she replied. “Nice meeting you too, Kyuhyun-sshi, I am Seo Joohyun.” She bowed again and ran before he could ask where she’s lived.

Yet he was not Cho Kyuhyun if he was giving up on the girl who intrigued him the most.

He came to the park almost every day after his teaching session on the music store.  Then all of his friends were starting to wonder why girls and bets were no longer interesting for him.  But he stayed silent and told them that sometimes he did need a ‘me time’. 

He was beginning to feel hopeless until he finally found her, that Friday. Not in the park like the thought so, but on the bookstore next door.

“Joohyun-ah!” He plopped himself on the stool in front of the cashier desk where she sat all weekdays from 2 to 6 pm. “I was wondering if you were real or not.”

She blinked but then giggled. “Of course, I am!”

He put his hands on her desk while looking at her intently as if he was scrutinizing her presence. “Are you? Prove it!”

She tilted her

Please log in to read the full chapter