BONUS SHORT STORY : The Battle of Two

13 ways to tell her
Please log in to read the full chapter

“He was asking about you.”

Jessica touched Seohyun’s shoulder softly.  The younger girl sighed softly.  She swung her body around, leaning to the railing she was putting her hands before.

“I don’t understand why.”

The older girl shook her head.  Seohyun was behaving difficult, but she could not blame her.  If she was in her position, she might do the same.

Might be. Because she was not Seohyun, soft spoken and pure heart, who could not expressed herself clearly. And she would never fall to someone like the evil maknae of Super Junior.

That’s right. Kyuhyun and Seohyun. They’re real.  But it didn’t mean they’re together.

In spite of all members  of both groups supports, they had not admitted to each other. Because Seohyun was too reserve. While Kyuhyun, believe it or not, was too shy.

“Isn’t that crystal clear, Hyunnie?  That man is clearly worshipping you. He is never calm when you are around.”

“He is not comfortable with me, Unnie. He may know how I feel. I may be too naive. That's why... that's why I have to be away from him.” Seohyun brushed her cheeks when she felt teardrops already formed streams on them.

Jessica pulled her to her arms. She was as frustrated as the others with these two, but she also know her dongsaeng very well. Pressure her and she’ll run.

That’s the irony, Hyunnie. Everyone else may see it, but he’s not. He thinks you are avoiding him.

*****

“Kyu, you’re spacing again.”

Siwon moved his hand in front of the maknae’s face.  Kyuhyun shook his head in exasperation. There, again, in the middle of a very loud and crowded party, his mind wandered to the land where only her would exist.

The girl whom his world were centered in.  But she didn’t know. In fact, she avoided him. And that’s hurt. Especially when hearing her name only could make him lost all of his concentration.

He did asking each Soshi girl that he saw of her whereabouts. And when he was sure they knew, every girl would just shake their head and told him they would tell her that he was looking for her.

As if she would find him after she heard that. Likely, she would be hiding in a more difficult place to be found.

“Have you seen her, Hyung?”

Siwon looked at him with apologetic eyes.  The older knew who “she” was. It was clear as a glass how Kyuhyun’s feeling toward Seohyun. His eyes always focused at her, only her, when she around. And his mind would always evolve on her being, only her, when she was not with them.

Always treated Kyuhyun as his lost long little brother, it hurts him to see the usually witty and happy maknae in this condition. But just like all of his other members felt, he could not do anything to interfering Kyuhyun’s love life.

But at least he could tell him where she was.

“I saw her ten minutes ago talking to Sica on the balcony. But she may be....” He hadn’t finished his sentences when Kyuhyun rushed to the direction of the balcony.

Oh dear, I hope he could find her tonight. I don’t think I would able to watch his heartbreak again.

*****

Seohyun sneaked from the back door of the building. She knew he’s here.  And tonight she didn’t have the strength to watch him and all the girls that revolved around him.

Not that she was jealous with them, especially the one he always told everyone was his best friend, but she felt a pang in her heart every time she saw them. Because she knew she wasn’t like them.

She had predicted this nightmare when the stage director told her that she would do a duet with him. With him, the man that she had a crush with since they shoot that music video.  And she wanted so much to reject it. But her stupid heart betrayed her, because deep down, she really wanted to be with him, to experience some time alone with him. To have his attention only for her.

Was that too much to ask?

It was strange. Had him held her hand on every stage. When he was never set eyes on her outside their duets.  Although she had to admit that on their last two stages, Tokyo and New York, every time she turned her head around, he would be near.

Near but never with her. Even when his hold on her hand on their duets became tighter and tighter throughout the time.

What it too much to hope that he thought of them more than fan service?

Dream on, Hyunnie, there is no them.

She walked slowly to the park to look for the bench where once, a year ago, they were talking in private when  she accidently found him sat there by himself.

He said he was daydreaming at that time, although he didn’t want to say who. I wonder if he still daydreaming today and if it is the same girl. How lucky this girl is!

*****

Kyuhyun rushed to the balcony while trying to calm his heartbeat.

Oh God, let me see her. Even if she runs again. I can’t stand not to see or h

Please log in to read the full chapter