6. b. The Game of Changes (Part Two)

13 ways to tell her
Please log in to read the full chapter

*Bear with me please, this is my first Action/Suspense/Romance story. :)*

 SECOND HALF: FUGITIVE LOVEBIRDS

*buzzzzz*

A sound of the electric shocker completed his mission to shut down all the guard on that big oak door.  Looking at the amount of guards, he is sure that this is the hall to her chamber. He moves with a speed that he does not know he possessed before.  He understood that he is racing against time, but he will not, correction: he cannot, leave her there. Not when he finally find her again.

Another memory, this time is painful one,  flashing in his mind.

They supposed to meet each other at the park by 15.00 sharp. Knowing her, she should be there on time. But she was never come. He waited until sunset then walked home in panic. Living with dangers every day himself, especially after he joined his older brother’s secret agent team after Dong Hae lost one of his legs because of the fire behind enemy’s line, he knew that the world outside was not safe. Even for a smart and sleek girl like her.

He called her mobile again and again. When there was no answer, he slipped into Sooyoung’s navigator chair and used that machine to track the lost girl. But its result came out empty. Like she was vanished from the world.

He let out a frustrated cry, when his brother put his hand on his shoulder, “Who are you looking for, Kyu?”  He shifted his eyes to his brother, who could see clearly the brink of tears in his eyes.”Seo Hyun. I could not find her, Hyung. I don’t even have the chance to tell her how much she meant to me.”

His brother pulled him in his arms, soothing the miserable young man that he loved more than his own live. “We’ll never stop our effort to find her, Kyu. I promised that.” Kyu nodded, knowing that his brother was serious, as he was also lost his love, Im Yoona, a raising actress, on a mission that gone wrong a year before.

He shakes his head, trying to move from that painful scene. He opens that big oak door slowly, worry that there may be some guards waiting behind the door.

*crack*

The faint sound of the door being opened snaps Seo Hyun back to reality. She was going through her late father’s notes for a possible way out from the mansion.  Her instinct warns her that someone must be inside the chamber with her. And she knows that the person must not be a guard or a maid because they will punch the intercom first to ask permission to come in. She had made a deal with her cousin that she will have full authority on who is allowed to be in her chambers.

So she walks to her bed post to open the drawer and pull her gun out, when someone grab her by the waist while putting his other hand in . She lets out a shriek and fights back, until she hears a familiar voice, “Shhhhh, Hyunnie. This is me. Don’t scream or they will take me away.” Oppa? Is that really you? Am I dreaming now?  He turns her body to face her attacker. Then her gaze met his concern eyes. And her eyes are instantly wet. He’s here. He’s really here.

Kyu Hyun’s eyes are wet too.  He moves his hand to her cheek, then slowly but surely caress it with his thumb. Then her composure finally broken down. She throw herself into his arms, sobbing quietly while whispers his name again and again. He pulls her tighter and inhales her hair. She’s here. She’s alive. Oh God, Thanks.

*tick tock*

The sound of the clock wakes him up from his trance. He remembers his hyung. He has to move. He cannot break his promise to him. So he shakes her softly. “Hyunnie, we need to move soon. Stay close to me okay? And promise me that you will do whatever I tell you.” She nods. As always, she trust him completely.

He is pulling her with him when she stops him and walks to her drawer again. “In case we need this.”, she pulls her gun. Kyu Hyun nods, understand now why she always be alerted. She is a girl who grow up in a triad anyway. “Just be careful. I can’t stand it if you get hurt.”

He put back his earphone. “Hyung, I find her. Guide us where to go.” He hears his brother’s sound of relief. And then he heard Sooyoung’s usual calm voice cracks, “Kyu, I have you two on the screen. Now follow my direction. Wookie-Oppa would be at the gate to clear the way for both of you.” He smiles. Sooyoung and he are similar at age. Both are the youngest in the team. They are close enough for her to pour her heart about her feeling toward Wookie. He is glad that they finally admitted to each other a week after his partner got into infirmary the day they lost Kibum.

“Are you ready?” He glance at Seo Hyun who is nodding. “Ready as you are, Oppa.” He extends his hand to Seo Hyun and they starts running.

*Click*

They are almost reached the back door when they heard a sound of somebody pull out a gun. Kyu Hyun sneaks a small gadget to her hand and  whispers, “I’

Please log in to read the full chapter