9. The Young Professor and His Fierce Girl

13 ways to tell her
Please log in to read the full chapter

Kyuhyun was not even  25 years old when he was appointed as the new math professor in that university.

Finished his doctorate just a few months earlier than his first day of teaching, Kyuhyun is a math genius who skipped years at middle and high school. 

Although he is a little bit shy, almost spending all of his spare time with his piano and music books or with computer games and quizzle books, his students agree that he is a good looking man. His glasses, which on other people will make them look like nerds, is adding into his nice and cute image.

Therefore, classes are full and advisories are booked in advance (by girls and some boys) whenever his name appeared on the announcement board.

With all kind of attentions and hopeful girls  are surrounding him on daily or even hourly basis, Kyuhyun keeps his image clean. He gives all the flowers and candies to administration staffs and only shrugs his shoulder when his colleagues .

Everyone used to think that he was not interested on relationship. But everyone was wrong. Because he was indeed interested. But he did not know if she was interested too, and he was too shy to ask.

She is the girl that everyone either likes or hates. She is pretty, no, she is beautiful. But she is not the nicest girl in the town. She is strong-willed, she is chaos, and she is very determined on things. In short, she is one of the most stubborn people in the town. A girl who no one will expect that Kyuhyun will fall with.

But he did. He was free falling with her. Since the moment he laid his eyes on her, tapping her fingers impatiently on her desk on his first day of teaching the seniors. Their eyes met in few seconds, and his heart was beating so loud. At that moment, his usual logic mind had to accept that a matter of heart was not logical, because the night after he could not asleep without projected her round face and bright eyes.

She did not seems to care though, because she still as fierce as her usual self, throwing questions and cynical marks upon his lecturer. Yet she was the cleverest girl in his class. She was a fast learner and other students listened to her. Although he suspected that no one was actually immune to her smile.

*****

Then one day she came to his office, put her backpack on the chair while placed her hands on his desk. He was still startled when she spoke, "Ahjussi, I need some extra money, and I know I am the best student in your class, so would you make me your assistant for your freshman's and sophomore's?"

"Why Joohyun-sshi?"

She shrugged, "I have a personal project that need additional money. My allowance is not enough."

He raised his eyebrow, everyone knew she was coming from rich family.

She crossed her fingers, "I swear! I am not involved in anything bad, you can check my record."

He finally nodded, "Ok. I believe you, but I will try for the freshman's first. If you do well in three months, then I'll give you the sophomore's."

She beamed and then, surprisingly, she bowed. "Thank you, Ahjussi. I promise I would deliver the best." She smiled and ran.

He watched her and a small smile formed in his lips. Now he has reason to look at and talk to her outside the class. She is beautiful and intrigued, but when she is polite, she is even cuter.

The next day, they began their partnership. He was very thankful for the assistance because he had more time to do other stuffs such as piano sessions and song writings. Then she caught him by surprise again when she's actually good in piano.

“I am not that great, Ahjussi.” She shyly retorted when he told her he thought her piano skill was daebak. He smiled and plopped beside her in the piano chair and challenged her for a duet match. They ended up laughing.

That’s when his hope was raising because he caught her looking at him with red cheeks. Apparently his fierce girl can be shy too.

Then summer came, school break was up, and sadly he bid goodbye to his class. To his girl. She came to his office at the last day of school, brought him a bottle of red wine and thanked him for letting her be his assistant for the semester.

And she kissed his cheek. Then ran, literally.

He brushed his cheek where she had kissed and smiled very wide. He might not see her during summer, but certainly he would have dream to be kept during that period.

Though, he reminded himself sadly, he would never able to court her, because she’s his stu

Please log in to read the full chapter