Part 2

The Unromantic Novelist

“I’m sorry but Doctor Choi has her day off today.” The woman on the counter said.

“There’s gotta be someone in his stupid hospital who can help! What kind of hospital is this if there’s no one here to-“

“Calm down baby brother.” Jaejoong’s sister said in a pained voice.
“How the hell am I supposed to calm down??? This is the only hospital that’s near our house and it takes two hours to reach the other one. Do you want to give birth to the baby in the car noona do you?” Jaejoong shouted at his sister and then looked towards the lady on the counter. He had a hangover and then his sister was in labour pain. He was losing his mind. “Why the hell are you just staring at me? Why can’t you people-”

“Whats all the fuss about?”

Jaejoong narrowed his eyes to get a clear image of who was walking towards them. It was a man, maybe a little older than Jaejoong. Tall, with broad shoulders and dark brown hair yup he was definitely a man and a rather handsome one to be honest.
“Are you alright?” He spoke with concern and rushed towards Jaejoong’s sister. “Where’s Doctor Choi?” That man asked the woman on the counter with a frown.

“Its her day off and-”

“Then call her.”

“She can’t come. Her mother’s sick and she’s out of city.”

“Ouch!” Jaejoong’s sister sat down on the floor, clutching to her stomach.
“I’ll help.” That man said, and now Jaejoong had noticed he was wearing a white coat. That means he’s a doctor! He helped Jaejoong’s sister to get up and called the nurses. They took her to the labor room immediately. Jaejoong was still feeling dizzy. He stumbled towards the bench and sat down, closing his eyes to ease the pain in his head away but his head was throbbing like a drum. He wanted to go to his sister, she’d probably be scared since it was her first time. But Jaejoong didn’t think he was ready to face anything else. He didn’t know when he had fallen asleep cause he had woken up with a light tap on his shoulder.

“Mr.Kim?” The nurse asked.

“Hmm?” Jaejoong opened his red eyes and looked up.

“Your sister is asking for you.”

Jaejoong got up and followed the nurse. He entered the room and saw his sister smiling at him brightly.

“Jaejoongah! You’ve become an uncle of a baby girl.”
“Congratulations noona!” Jaejoong gave a sweet smile and went towards her sister. He kissed her on the forehead and asked for his niece. The little baby girl was exactly like her mother.

“Little Soyoungie.” Jaejoong whispered and smiled.

“How do you know her name is Soyoung?” Jaejoong’s sister raised her eyebrow.
“I overheard you talking to hyung on the phone last week.” Jaejoong rolled his eyes and smiled towards the little bundle of joy in his arms. "So tiny." He mumbled and rubbed his nose with the little one's. The baby hadn't opened her eyes yet and was sound asleep. There was a knock on the door and Jaejoong turned around and saw the saw the same man from before entering with a clipboard in his hand.
 
"How are you feeling?" He man gave a bright smile. It was too bright actually or was it 'cause of Jaejoong's hangover. Yeah probably the hangover. Because this was the first time Jaejoong ever considered a man to be handsome. As in... very handsome. Alright! Hot the guy was too hot for his eyes and Jaejoong couldn't help but stare.
 
"I'm alright doctor." Jaejoong's sister smiled which caused Jaejoong to frown. She wasn't supposed to frown at other men. Wasn't she committed to her husband? Why is she-
 
"Jaejoongshi is it?" Jaejoong looked towards the person addressing his name. God even is voice was addicting. Deep and husky but gentle at the same time.
 
"Ah.. yes.." Jaejoong snapped out of his daze.
 
"Would you mind if I take a look?"
 
"Huh?"
 
"He's here to check the baby Jaejoongah." Jaejoong's sister spoke with an amused voice.
 
"Oh.. yeah.. here." Jaejoong went towards the doctor and was about to hand the baby over to him but he was stopped.
 
"Its ok just hold her a bit for me." The doctor took out his stethoscope from his coat pocket and concentrated on the baby's breathing. Jaejoong just started at the other man. Too close. His heart was fluttering for some reason. He observed the other male's features and he'd be lying if he had seen something this attractive before. Those almond eyes, That sharp nose, those perfect bow shaped lips and oh! Was there a mole above the upper lip? Oh my God that perfect shaped jaw. It might cut things. And not to mention that neck- "There you are." That heavenly creature smiled. Yes Jaejoong changed his name from the man to the heavenly creature. He had his eyes on the baby girl. "She's very pretty." He looked towards Jaejoong's sister and chuckled. "Must take after her mother?" What was that? Was he flirting?
 
"Or her uncle" Jaejoong's sister chuckled.
 
The doctor looked towards Jaejoong and smiled with a hmm and looked at the little baby again. "Indeed." He caressed the baby's cheek with his thumb. "Runs in the family eh?" He grinned, showing his pearly white teeth. Jaejoong felt his face getting warm. W-what was happening?
 
"It was my first time handling a delivery. I'm usually in the neurosurgical department." That heavenly creature showed his pearly white teeth again and when their eyes made contact Jaejoong felt his heart skip a beat. What was this feeling? What was that strange fluttering in his chest? "I'll be going now. I have a surgery to take care of this evening. I'll be back for tge checkup since Mrs. Choi has yet to show up." He smiled and with one last glance the other male's way, he walked out of that door.
How can such a perfect person exist? Is he even human? Was he a god? Because jaejoong had never seen someone so-
 
"Kim Jaejoong!" Jaejoong snapped out of this trance and looked towards his sister. "I'm talking to you."
 
"Y-yes?" Jaejoong's voice came out croaked. He cleared his thirst and spoke. "Yeah?" His sister only smirked. "What?"
 
"You think I didn't notice?"
 
"W-what?" Jaejoong blinked a few times.
 
"Someone has a crush~"
 
"Huh? What?" Jaejoong laughed. "Me? Kim Jaejoong? A crush? And on a male?" He laughed again. " What nonsense noona. The delivery must've done something to your head." Jaejoong quickly spoke, his face was red. Suddenly there easy a high pitched cry in the room. Thank God the baby started crying or his sister would've asked him embarrassing questions. "She's hungry I think."
 
"Nope. Needs as nappy change."
 
Jaejoong scrunched up his nose and handed the baby to his sister and rushed outside. "Mother and the others would be here soon. I'll be going home then." He stepped outside the hospital and took a deep breathe. Finally! some fresh air, not that of disinfectants and medicines. Now he could clear his mind. He frowned a little. Surely he did find the doctor attractive. But it didn't mean that he... had a crush on him. Did it? Jaejoong shook his head and went to his car he was about to open the door but stopped. He brought his hand on his chest and felt the his heart beat. Why was it so fast? He turned around and looked at the hospital. It's not a crush. He nodded to himself and sat in the car when his phone rung.
 
"Hello?" He put on his headfree and started his car.
 
"Jaejoongah! This is maa. Will you please cook for supper. You noonas are coming over and i have my hands full right now. And we have to go to the hospital too."
 
"Can't they visit in turns? Gosh! I can imagine the chaos in the house." Jaejoong grunted as he took a turn.
 
"Its a happy occassion Jaejoong everyone's gotta get together and celebrate!"
 
"Alright alright. I'd have to grab some groceries on the way." Jaejoong stopped at a grocery store. "I'll call later then. Anything else?"
 
"Oh and make some porridge for your sister."
"Ok." Jaejoong got out of the car and went inside. He picked up the things he needed. He was about to pick up the onions but one fell from his hands. It rolled on the floor and stopped at a little distance. Jaejoong stopped and stared at it. It reminded him of something. He took a few steps and leaned down and picked up the onion.
 

“You know, everyone’s got ‘the one’ in their life. You’ve got a long life ahead of you. You’ll find him eventually.”

“Really? When?”

“Maybe tomorrow. Oh and thanks for the card. I appreciate the help and no need to thank me.”

“What do you mean?”
“You’ll know.”
 
Jaejoong just sat there with the onion in his hand. Staring at the onion. Was it a dream? But it felt so real. Was that doctor the one that woman was talking about? Was she a witch? Oh come on Jaejoong you know these things don't exist. But-
 
"Excuse me sir, are you alright?" Jaejoong looked up to see one of the staff standing beside him. "You've been sitting here for quite a time. Is there a problem?"
 
"N-no." Jaejoong quickly got up and put the onion back. "I'm OK." He quickly paid for everything and rushed towards his car. He was terribly confused right now. He needed to go home and rest and think. Maybe he drank too much last night.