Part 12

The Unromantic Novelist

Jaejoong thought he was floating on clouds and yes he couldn't sleep that night either, tossing and turning in his bed all night thinking about a certain handsome doctor.

 

Boyfriend

 

Jaejoong buried his face into his pillow and groaned. He blushed. Stop acting like a love struck teenager! He told himself as he ordered his heart to stop beating so fast. "I'm gonna get a heart attack I think." he rubbed his hands on his face. University was off anyway why bother sleeping? But that fluttering in his heart. It won't go away. He kicked his legs in the air and sat up. "This is it!" He got up and walked out of his room. "Lets watch TV." He plopped down on the cough and shuffled through the channels, nothing interesting. After a while he got tired and he switched the TV off. "What now?" It was 3:00am now. Jaejoong groaned and went to lay on his bed again. He felt like an owl, two big eyes peeking from underneath the blanket. Let's just say he didn't get any sleep that night.

 

..

 

"Lets go on a date!"

 

"Huh?" Jaejoong looked at Yunho in disbelief. He was sitting in his office for his next session but Yunho seemed to have other plans. "What do you mean? Don't you have work?"

 

"I do. But I can ask someone to cover up for me. I dont have a lot of patients for today." Yunho exclaimed with much enthusiasm. 

 

"Complete your work first!" 

 

"I'm bored~" Yunho whined and Jaejoong just stared at him.

 

"You're in your late twenties."

 

"So what? You sound older than me though. Have you ever heard the work fun?" Yunho narrowed his eyes. "You're always so uptight and always worrying about things. No wonder you're always sick." 

 

Jaejoong's left eye twitched. "I don't need anyone lecturing me." 

 

"Well you have to get used to it then." Yunho got up from his chair and went towards the door. "Hurry up! I know this shop that sells amazing donuts!"

 

"I dont have much of a sweet tooth." Jaejoong grumbled.

 

"Do you expect me to go alone? Cause I'm telling you I will." 

 

"Jeez I'm coming!" Jaejoong got up and followed Yunho. He saw how the doctor pulled some strings to get the rest of the day off and like a child who had stolen some candy, he ran towards his car. "Are you sure it's alright for you to skip work like this? People might need your help."

 

"Don't you worry. I have a cover up." Yunho started the car and drove out of the parking area. "Besides I think people would actually be happy since I've always been a workaholic."

 

"Why do I doubt it."

 

"I'm telling the truth. I have always been a fun loving person but when I entered the  medical field I just forgot to enjoy my life. I got too serious. Sometimes my parents would scold me and ask me to take a day off or go for a vacation but in my many years since I graduated medical college I never went on a vacation."

 

"Not even once?" Jaejoong asked in disbelief as he stared at Yunho.

 

"Not even once." 

 

Jaejoong just stared at him for sometime then looked towards the road ahead. Yunho seemed so cheerful all the time he didn't know that the dcotor had such a hectic life. He thought about himself, he would get so pissed if he had to work too much. He would go on a vacation once every three months with friends or with family and he used to go to clubs every weekend with Junsu and he'd enjoy every now and then but he's still get cocky when he had too much work to do. And here is Yunho, always smiling. He had heard doctors weren't cheerful since they had seen people suffering so much, they're known to be a bit emotionless. But here was Jung Yunho, expressing every emotion and it was usually positive.

 

"We're here!" Yunho parked the car and Jaejoong got out. It was a cute little shop. They both walked inside and Yunho smiled at the boy at the counter. "Hey Ryeowook!"

 

"Hyung!" The boy said cheerfully. "Its been a while." 

 

"Been busy." Yunho shrugged. "But I'm so glad I came."

 

"Aww must be hectic at the hospital." Ryeowook pouted a bit and Jaejoong frowned. Why was that boy being cute? He looked at Yunho and the older was smiling at the pouting boy. Jaejoong cleared his throat and Ryeowook looked at him. "Oh! You got company."

 

"Yep!" Yunho grinned. "Wookie give Jaejoong your most famous one."

 

Wookie?

 

"And the usual for you hyung?"

 

"Yep!"

 

Jaejoong walked towards a table and sat down, it looked like they were the first costumers. It was still early in the morning. 

 

"You're gonna love the donuts! Wookie's family has been working in this since a long time." Yunho said as he sat down opposite to Jaejoong.

 

"Mhmm..." Jaejoong nodded slightly not seeming to be interested in Wookie's  family. Then suddenly realization struck him. Was he jealous?

 

"Whats wrong? Is this boring?" Yunho asked a bit worried. 

 

Jaejoong felt guilty. "No! No! I like donuts." Yunho examined Jaejoong's face causing him to blush slightly. "W-what?"

 

"Did you sleep last night?"

 

"That was out of the blue?"

 

"I can tell you know." Yunho raised an eyebrow as if asking if he was being challenged.

 

"I guess I can't hide it from you huh?" Jaejoong sighed. "No I didn't."

 

"Ryeowook! Can you change latte to chamomile tea?" Yunho turned around and shouted and a loud okay was heard.

 

"But I want latte." Jaejoong whined.

 

"I was thinking about letting you go and drink coffee on our first date but no I'm still your doctor and you need to avoid the things I said. Chamomile tea is the best for your condition."

 

"Wow the benefits of having to hang out with a doctor." Jaejoong said sarcastically.

 

"The benefits to have a doctor boyfriend." Yunho smirked and Jaejoong blushed again averting his gaze and looking out of the window. "What do you want to do today? I'm free the whole day."

 

"Well I'm not!" Jaejoong tried to hide his embarrassment. He knew that Yunho is gonna alot.

 

"Oh~ what makes you so busy?" 

 

"Unlike someone I don't escape from my job."

 

"Job?" Yunho had a confused expression and Jaejoong swallowed. It was now or never. He was about to open his mouth to tell Yunho about his work but then-

 

"Here's your order!" Ryeowook said happily as he placed everything on the table.

 

"Ah! Thank you!" Yunho said cheerfully and he took a sip of his coffee and sighed. "Just as I remember. I feel alive now."

 

Jaejoong closed his mouth. He just lost the confidence he had.

 

"Jae, try the donut. You'll love it." Jaejoong brought the sweet to his mouth and took a small bite. His eyes began to shine. It tasted amazing. Yunho just chuckled when he saw the other's reaction. "Good isn't it?" He asked and Jaejoong nodded. They enjoyed each other's company, talking and all. Jaejoong thought he'd feel a bit awkward but it was like one of those times when Jaejoong had gone out with Yunho even before they started dating. But everything changed when Yunho put his hand on Jaejoong's hand on top of the table. Jaejoong stared at the other with wide eyes. "Ryeowook is like a little brother. You don't need to worry."

 

Jaejoong stared at Yunho, his cheeks tainted with slight pink. "I-I.. I didn't say anything." 

 

"Do you think I didn't notice?" Yunho raised an eyebrow. Jaejoong's breathe hitched when Yunho squeezed his hand. "Why would I be flirting with someone else when I have a hot boyfriend to flirt with?"

 

"Oh my God!" Jaejoong covered his ears with his hands and blushed hard. "Why do you have to say embarrassing things like that?"

 

"Umm... Because its true?" Yunho tilted his head and smirked. "But now you're being cute."

 

"Yunho! I swear if you don't stop talking I'm going to eat your donut." Jaejoong extended his hands to take Yunho's plate.

 

"No!" Yunho quickly picked up his plate. "Alright I'm sorry I'll zip my mouth."

 

"Good boy." Jaejoong smirked and took a sip of his tea.

 

After more of the chitchatting they left the place with Jaejoong being teased again when Ryeowook commented how good they looked together. "So... What now?" Yunho asked as he continued waking towards the car. "Where should we go?"

 

"We still have a lot of time. Its still early." Jaejoong thought. Yunho wouldn't go out alot cause of his work it was a rare chance. So he needed to make Yunho enjoy his day today he suddenly got an idea. "Yunho have you ever went to an art museum?"

 

"No." Yunho said as he opened the car door.

 

"Lets go!"

 

..

 

"Mr. Park!" Jaejoong greeted the old man at the reception. 

 

"Jaejoongah! Its been a while." The old man smiled, wrinkles showing on his face. "You brought a friend?"

 

"Ah.. yes. We'd need two tickets."

 

The old man gave them the tickets and a small map. Jaejoong guided Yunho to the antique art section which was the first section. They both walked around. Yunho silently staring at everything in awe. "You see this pen? Isn't it beautiful?" Jaejoong pointed towards a beautiful golden colored pen, it had carvings on it, some kind of old language and was decorated with pearls. "They say it belonged to a writer you died young. They have a few scrolls on which he wrote his stories. They don't have all of them but the ones they translated, they're beautiful."

 

"You really like literature don't you?" Yunho chuckled. "This own does look amazing. It looks hand made."

 

"Yep its hands carved. And it's made of wood. The gold color. It's paint. I'm amazed how it's still in tact. It didn't get dull or anything." Jaejoong said and he walked along the reeling, Yunho following behind. Jaejoong was as excited as a child and Yunho just smiled at him, his eyes twinkling with adoration. "Yunho! Yunho look!" He pointed towards  painting. "I never paid attention to it but now I had to cause of you." Yunho looked at the painting and it an old painting about surgery. "Its so scary. Do you do that stuff too?"

 

"Its a pretty old method Jae. They didn't have anesthesia back then thats why that guy is in chains and has a pained expression." Yunho chuckled. "Of course its scary. It was scary and its still scary. Bur you get used to it."

 

"I know that you guys don't put restrains on patients. I was just asking. You know.. all that blood." Jaejoong shuddered.

 

Yunho just laughed and walked ahead leaving Jaejoong behind who sped up after the elder. "Ah so many paintings." Yunho looked at the wall full of small paintings.

 

"Its like a one big painting. You see each frame represents something. It makes up the story of that artist's life."

 

"You're seriously good at these things." Yunho whistled.

 

"Well, I've been coming here since I was in high school." Jaejoong smiled as he proceeded to walk. "Whenever I was stressed I'd come here to cool my mind. But I didn't visit this place since last year. Good thing I got the chance. Thanks to you." Jaejoong turned his face to look at Yunho with a sweet smile. Yunho stared at the other for a while, he didn't smile. Jaejoong frowned but then he felt his hand being engulfed in a slightly bigger one, fingers interlacing. With that Yunho continued his walk, pulling a flustered Jaejoong behind him.

 

They spend a few hours there, enjoying their time. Yunho later was very interested in the anatomy section where there were skeletons of people and animals but they were very aesthetic, carved into beautiful shapes and angles. Jaejoong couldn't help but calling him a nerd. They were done by 4 in the evening. He went to a near by restaurant to grab lunch. After that Yunho dropped Jaejoong home.

 

"Come in." Jaejoong jerked his head towards the entrance of his apartment. "Stay for a while." Yunho hesitated at first but then walked inside. "Lets watch a movie." They both sat on the couch and started a movie. A few snacks were there on the table. The atmosphere was a bit awkward. They were half way through the move and Jaejoong wanted to put his hand on Yunho's shoulder since was felt a bit sleepy but Yunho was sitting like a log. He wondered why Yunho was so stiff? Why did he looked nervous? Without thinking Jaejoong placed his head on Yunho's shoulder and closed his eyes. 

 

"Jae?" Yunho asked in a soft voice but the other was sound asleep. "Hey, you should sleep in the bed." He shook the other a bit earning a few mumbles and grunts. Yunho gently stood up helping Jaejoong to lay on the couch. He grabbed a blanket from inside and draped it over the sleeping figure. He was about to go when jaejoong held the corner of his sleeve. 

 

"Don't go.." Jaejoong mumbled. "Its cold." 

 

Yunho raised his eyesbrows in shock. "What?"

 

"Cold." Jaejoong grumbled. 

 

"I'll turn on the heater."

 

"No.."

 

"Do you want another blanket?" Yunho asked in confusion not understanding what the other wanted. Jaejoong opened both of his arms like a little child who wants to be carried by his parents. Yunho frowned and crouched down looking at Jaejoong whose eyes were closed.

 

"Cuddle.." Jaejoong mumbled and Yunho's face turned a bit red. 

 

"Jae.. the couch is small. I dont think it'll fit the both of us." Jaejoong whined and Yunho chuckled. "You talk in your sleep don't you." He caressed the younger's hair and Jaejoong relaxed in his touch. Yunho leaned in a bit and paused, looking at Jaejoong's peaceful face. He couldn't help up lean further in and leave a peck on the other's forehead. "Sleep well." Yunho said and got up. He got his jacket and his bag and walked towards the door. He turned around and smiled. "Good night Jaejoongie." And went outside, closing the door behind him.

 

 

...

 

I'm so sorry for being so late. Universityis giving me such a hard time. New semester has brought me nothing but sleepless and stressful nights. Its sunday tomorrow but I'll be working on my assignment. What a life... sigh.. anyway, I apologize again for being late. I'll try to update more regularly from now on. Thank you for your comments, subs and upvotes TToTT you guys give me hope. Love you all <3