Part 20

The Unromantic Novelist

Yunho opened his eyes, lazily blinking them as he adjusted to the brightness in the room. He turned to his side and noticed that it was empty. He got out of the bed and put on his pants and walked outside to notice a busy body in the kitchen. Yunho smiled as he silently walked into the kitchen and s his arms around the other's waist.

"Oh! You startled me." Jaejoong jumped a bit and playfully hit Yunho's hand on his belly.

"Didn't mean to startle you." Yunho put his chin on the other's shoulder.

"You go shower. Breakfast is almost ready."

"Mmm ok." Yunho lazily turned around and walked a few steps before he stopped. "Have you showered?" He turned around and asked.

"Yep." 

Yunho pouted a little and walked away. He wanted to shower with Jaejoong. Jaejoong chuckled when he saw the sulking man. "Oh you big baby. Hurry up before breakfast gets cold."

..

"I can not accept this!" Yoona shouted at her mother. "H-how can you just let it go!?"

"Yoona honey, we can't force anyone into marrying someone else." Her mother tried to reason with her daughter but she didn't listen to her.

"Umma.. You know I have loved him for so many years!"

"I know. I know and we tried our best but if he doesn't agree then it can't be done. His parents tried to talk to him but they can't force him either Yoona. You need to understand."

"No! I can't!" Yoona cried. "How can I let go of him?" He fell to her knees and cried. "How can I!?"

Yoona's mother only sighed and sat beside her, rubbing her back trying to comfort her. "You can't just always get what you want honey. Some things are just our of your reach."

"I'd trade anything for this umma. Anything." Yoona cried harder. "What does he have that I dont? Why can't he choose me and choose him!"

"What are you talking about?" Yoona's mother frowned.

"Yunho...Yunho is in love." Yoona sobbed. "With a man!" She sobbed harder. "I've lost the love of my life to a man!"

"Does Yunho's parents know about this?"

"I don't know." 

..

Yunho came back after taking a quick shower and saw the table was full of food. Then he remembered it was noon already and this was not breakfast. The aroma made his stomach churn. "Did I tell you that your cooking is heaven?" He gulped and looked at Jaejoong who was setting a bowl of spinach side dish on the table. Jaejoong only chuckled and went back into the kitchen. "Really though. The food you cook is just..."

"Ok ok enough of that now eat." Jaejoong came back with a bowl of pickled reddish and sat down. "What makes me happy is watching you eat it."

"Now thats creepy!" Yunho wiggled his eyebrows. 

"Like you watching me cook food?"

"Thats different!"

"Oh yeah?" Jaejoong narrowed his eyes. They both ate and made a few jokes here and there. When Jaejoong got up to get a refill for the rice Yunho noticed something.

"You ok?" 

"Huh?" Jaejoong stopped and turned around. "Why do you ask?"

"You're limbing." Yunho pointed his chopsticks to Jaejoong's leg. Jaejoong's face suddenly turned crimson as he walked into the kitchen ignoring Yunho. "Hey! Whats wrong? Did I say something wrong?" Yunho got up and followed Jaejoong.

"Nothing."

"Then why are you limbing?" Yunho asked with a frown. 

Jaejoong pursed his lips and turned around and gave other a look. "Are you seriously asking me that?" 

Yunho looked at Jaejoong with a confused expression but then realization suddenly hit him and he gasped. "OMG! I'm sorry I'm so sorry! I'm stupid. I made you cook all that while you weren't feeling well. I'm so sorry! Does it hurt?" Yunho put his hand on Jaejoong's lower back and Jaejoong blushed harder.

"I'm ok. Now please stop talking about it." Jaejoong pushed his hand away and started refilling the bowl with rice.

"Hey now." Yunho took the bowl from the other's hand and placed it on the counter. He stepped forwards and hugged jaejoong. "I'm sorry. I should've been more thoughtful."

"I told you its ok." Jaejoong sighed in the embrace and leaned his head on the other's shoulder.

Yunho kissed the side of Jaejoong's head. "Does it still hurt?"

"Kinda."

"Was I rough?"

Jaejoong pushed Yunho away, blushing madly and saw the other biting his lip to prevent himself from laughing. "Seriously! I hate it when you do that! Stop teasing me!"

"Aww.. But whats there to be shy about baby?" Yunho tilted this head a bit and pulled on his puppy eyes.

"I'm seriously going to slap you." Jaejoong warned and Yunho chuckled and walked towards the other.
 
"Alright alright I'll stop."

Jaejoong sighed and took the bowl and went towards the table. He put the bowl down but before he could sit down he was scooped up into a par of strong arms. "Yunho! What the hell!" 

"I'm going to cure your shyness."

"What!?"

Before Jaejoong could register what was happening he was thrown into the bed and Yunho crawled over him. Yunho stared at him with a wild expression. "Did you think I didn't notice?"

"N-notice what?" Jaejoong's breathe hitched.

"You seducing me." Yunho lowered his face and whispered into the other's ear. "Purposefully your spoon like that and then bending down to pick up the fork."

"I-I.." 

"You're a naughty boy." Yunho bit his ear lobe. "And naughty boys get punished."

...

"And do you support him?" Yoona's mother looked at Mrs.Jung with a shocked expression after knowing that she knew her son was dating a guy. 

"It's his life Sunhee. If he's happy with a man I have no objection."

"I can't believe this." Mrs Ahn massaged her temples.

"What do you mean?" Yunho's mother frowned as he put down the cup in her hand and looked at her friend.

"You.. you don't think this is wrong?"

"Sunhee.."

"Wait. Forget that. Don't you think this is wrong to my daughter?" Yoona's mother said in an angry voice. "Eunyoung, you know Yoona has been harboring feelings for Yunho since they were kids. You always treated Yoona like your own daughter. Why are you breaking her heart?"

"Can I force him? How am I supposed to do that? By tying him up and chains and shout at him to marry your daughter?" Mrs. Jung spoke. "Yoona is like a daughter for me. She really is. But Sunhee, our children are not children anymore. They're adults and they're mature. I talked to Yunho about it. Do you think I didn't try? But if his happiness is with another man then who am I to stop him?"

Mrs. Ahn stood up from her chair. "Alright. You can't force him. But what are you supposed to do about Yoona? She's heart broken and she can't move on. She's been crying ever since the wedding got canceled. What am I supposed to do about her?"

"She's too stubborn." 

Both the women turned around to see Yunho entering the room. 

"Yunho!"

Yunho walked in and sat down on the sofa. "Did Yoona tell you what she did?"

"What do you mean?"

"You should ask her how she tried to humiliate my boyfriend and spread wrong rumors about him in his university." Mrs. Ahn just stared at Yunho with a shocked expression. "And to be honest. Its not actually her fault either. You guys got her hopes up so much that she can't accept anything else." Yunho looked at her mother. "Umma.. I need you to meet someone. Lets go in the living room." 

Mrs. Ahn got up first and walked out of the room in anger. She stood as she spotted a young male in the living room, chatting with a maid. She huffed and passed him and walked out of the house. Jaejoong looked at her with a confused expression then the maid told him who the woman was. Jaejoong instantly felt nervous as he was reminded why he was here in the first place. What if mama Jung didn't like him? Jaejoong was lost in his thoughts when the maid bowed and walked away. He looked up and saw Yunho approaching him with a woman in her late 40s. Jaejoong recognized her from the pictures Yunho had shown him of his family.

"Umma. This is Jaejoong." Yunho pointed towards his boyfriend.

"Good evening ma'am." Jaejoong bowed.
 
Mrs.Jung stared at Jaejoong for a moment which made Jaejoong even more nervous.

"You're beautiful."

"eh?" Jaejoong looked at her with wide eyes.

"Come in! Let chat over a cup of tea. Yunho where did you find someone so good looking?" Mrs.Jung grabbed Jaejoong's hand and dragged her in. Jaejoong turned his head and gave Yunho a look of what the hell is happening? While he was being pulled away. Yunho only chuckled. Just like the son, the mother got swept away by Jaejoong's charm too.

.

"Oh my! You're so shy." Mrs. Jung pinched Jaejoong's cheek.

"Umma! You're embarrassing him." Yunho frowned.

"Jaejoongah, tell me dear, how do you bare with that big old bear's personality? Isn't he too boring? His father is the same. No fun."

Jaejoong chuckled and looked at a sulking Yunho. "He's ok."

"Excuse me?" Yunho looked at Jaejoong with disbelief. "Ok?"

Jaejoong sneaked a wink towards Yunho while Mrs. Jung was pouring tea into the cup. Yunho raised his eyebrow and sneaked a hand towards Jaejoong's thigh from under the table.

"I know how you feel." Mrs.  Jung sighed. "He acts like an old man. Craving for donuts all the time." 

That made Jaejoong burst into laughter. "He really likes them doesn't he?"

"Ofcourse he does! Do you know he's sensitive for cheesy love dramas? We watch them together and he gets all emotional over them."

"Umma!"

"He even cried when the main lead died."

"Umma! Why are you insulting me infront of my boyfriend!?" Yunho whined.

"To tell him that you are not that much of a macho man as you appear to be." Mrs. Jung smiled. "Jaejoongah, he might tell you that he's all strong and he isn't tired but he needs care. He loved to be babied." 

"Hey!"

"I know Mrs. Jung. He's a big baby." Jaejoong smirked towards Yunho.

"Ok now. I'm leaving you two can just talk behind my back and satisfy you souls." Yunho stood up and walked towards the door slowly waiting for someone to stop him but neither of the two people sitting at the table called after him, both seemed to be busy in some gossip. "Thats not fair!" He stomped hi foot. "What are you talking about anyway?"

"A natural way to reduce wrinkles." Jaejoong quickly answered and resumed in discussing with Mrs. Jung."

Yunho sighed as he walked out of the room. The old maid stood there with a smile on her face. "Things seem to be fine?"

"A little too fine if you ask me."

"I'm glad."

.

It was late when Jaejoong left the Jung residence. Yunho's mother was reluctant to send Jaejoong back because they were talking nonstop for hours but Jaejoong had to go home so they sadly parted.

"Thank God now I can have my boyfriend to myself." Yunho sighed as he walked towards the main door after Jaejoong.
 
"Yeah, yeah." Mrs. Jung waved him off. "Be nice to him. Don't be all feisty. That boy seems to have a delicate built"
 
Yunho stopped on his tracks as he looked at his mother with huge eyes. "What are you saying?"

"You think I don't know you? You probably can't keep your hands to yourself."

"How do you know that?"

"The love bites on his neck."

"Oh..."

With that Yunho walked outside and walked towards the car. Jaejoong was standing there with a smile on is face.

"You look happy." Yunho spoke as he opened the car door.

"Your mother is amazing. Just like my mother."

"She'll soon be your mother." Yunho smirked and Jaejoong blushed a bit. "I'm glad you two got along."

"Me too." Jaejoong sighed.

"So.." Yunho spoke.

"Hmm?" Jaejoong looked at him but he gasped when Yunho moved the seat back and crawled over the other. 

"About you teasing me just now. Do you think I'd let that slide?" Yunho whispered in Jaejoong's ear and kissed his neck.

"O-ok but lets get home first."

"Can't wait."

"You're gonna do it in the car!?" Jaejoong stared at the other.

"I always wanted to."

"But what if someone-"

"There's no one here I promise." 

Jaejoong frowned at the other but he gasped when Yunho rolled his hips against the other's. "Y-Yunho... you ert! Get off!"

"Sorry can't do."

"Ahh.." 

........