Part 22

The Unromantic Novelist

The door was opened as a pair of familiar eyes greeted the couple. 

 

"You're both here." Jiyoung smirked looking at them. "Come in."

 

"How have you been?" Yunho smiled as he walked inside. "And how is Soyoung?"

 

"Fantastic." Jiyoung chuckled. "I'm sure the kids would love to see you."

 

The three of them walked into thr living room. Yunho's eyes widened as he saw the scene before him. Being the only child. His life was mostly spent alone. His parents were mostly busy. He only spent some time with his cousin Ara or friend Yoona. Seeing so many people in one house made him feel a bit shocked. But there was a warm feeling everywhere which calmed down his nerves. As some of the kids glanced towards their direction cheers of uncle jaejae echoed through out the living room as the small bodies ran and plastered themselves to Jaejoong's legs. 

 

"Come on let me give you a tour." Jiyoung held Yunho's arm. 

 

"Noona!" Jaejoong quickly stopped them. "You'll make him awkward."

 

"No I won't. I'm good at greeting guests." 

 

Jaejoong snorted. "Yeah right." 

 

"Just say it that you want your boyfriend all for yourself." Jiyoung smirked.

 

"So?" Jaejoong raised his eyebrows. "What if I do?" 

 

"Whats all the commotion about?" A figured walked out of the kitchen. It was as if she was the woman version of Jaejoong. Her face adorned with a few wrinkles, her small and petite figure along with her long dark hair with a few gray stands.

 

"Umma.."

 

Umma?

 

Yunho's eyes widened. Is this Mrs. Kim? Isn't she too young. 

 

"Jaejoongie." Mrs. Kim hugged Jaejoong. "Jiyoung told me you had an exam today. How did it go?"

 

"It went well." Jaejoong smiled. "Oh! Umma. I want you to meet someone." Jaejoong's mother turned towards the direction Jaejoong pointed in. "This is Yunho."

 

Mrs.Kim's expression was the same and Yunho became nervous. He bowed. "Mrs. Kim, its nice to meet you."

 

"Umma... He's.. He.." Jaejoong felt like the words were stuck in his throat. He looked at his sister with a pleading looks to help him out.

 

"Jaejoong's boyfriend." Jiyoung blurted out.

 

There was silence in the room. Even the children were quiet, sensing the tension they walked out of the room one by one without making any noise. Mrs. Kim's eyebrows rose as he kept staring at Yunho. Yunho broke into cold sweat. This was harder than he had imagined. 

 

"My God you're so handsome."

 

"Huh?"

 

"I'm sorry. I've been staring at you." Mrs. Kim chuckled. "My eyesight isn't good now." She went towards Yunho and patted his shoulder. "Come on sit down."

 

Yunho was dumbfounded as he looked at Mrs. Kim then at Jaejoong and then at Jiyoung. Jiyoung started laughing as Jaejoong pouted. "My family is very good at trolling. So I apologise in advance for what is about to come."

 

"Nonsense!" Mrs. Kim made Yunho sit on the sofa. "Young man I will take your interview later. I need to do some cooking. Aish so many daughters in the house still no one offers to cook."

 

"Appa only likes the food you make. He's too picky!" Jiyoung whined.

 

"Why are you guys making such a fuss over cooking. Hasn't Jae arrived yet? He'll help you in the kitchen he can cook better-" Jaejoong's sister came into the room drying her hair with a tank top and shorts on with a towel but came to a halt as she saw Yunho. "Why didn't you tell me the handsome doctor was here!" She shrieked as she ran outside. 

 

"Its not like you were ." Jaejoong commented. 

 

As time passed Jaejoong's other sisters came and met Yunho too. A few of them had already met him before. The kids were getting along with Yunho just fun especially little Soyoung. The little girl started crying on top of her lungs when someone tried to take her  away from Yunho.

 

"She recognizes you." Jaejoong glanced at Yunho who was currently engrossed in making Soyoung laugh.

 

"Ofcourse she does. Yunho was the first person she saw when she opened her eyes for the first time." Jiyoung informed.

 

Seeing Yunho get along with kids so well made Jaejoong's heart tightened. What if Yunho ends up married Yoona or any other girl. He would have a proper family. A wife and children. He would have a complete family. He would be an amazing father.

 

"Whats with the long face?" Came Jiyoung's voice. "Aww are you upset that Soyoung changed her favorite uncle?" This time Yunho turned to look at Jaejoong with a questioning look too.

 

Jaejoong forced a smile as he shook his head. But Mrs. Kim who was watching the scene from the kitchen window knew better. Something was bothering Jaejoong.

 

"Joongie sweetie will you please come in and help umma?"

 

"Yes umma." Jaejoong answered and walked into the kitchen.

 

"Ok. Spill." Mrs. Kim spoke as she was frying some dumplings.

 

"Its nothing."

 

"Don't you play the nothing card on me young man." Mrs. Kim frowned towards Jaejoong. "Yunho doesn't seem like someone who'd hurt you but... are you upset of something he did?"

 

"No no." Jaejoong quickly shook his head. "He's the nicest guy I've ever met umma."

 

"Then whats the matter?"

 

There was a knock on the door and both of them turned their heads to discover Yunho standing in the doorway of the kitchen.

 

"Uhh.. Am I interrupting something?" 

 

"No no." Mrs. Kim shook her head. "Jae, fry these dumplings for me. I need to go get some other work done." She walked towards the door and gave a meaningful look to Yunho before she walked out. Yunho understood what she meant. Something was bugging Jaejoong and he had to find out. Yunho walked lazily towards Jaejoong who was busy in putting the dumplings carefully in the oil. 

 

"Hey.." Yunho casually placed his chin on Jaejoong's shoulder.

 

"Hmm?" Jaejoong hummed as he continued the frying.

 

"The dumplings.. they smell delicious." 

 

"Wanna try one?" Jaejoong turned his face slightly to look at Yunho.

 

"I want to but-"

 

"Oh come on.. you always do it when I cook." Jaejoong pinched Yunho's nose.

 

"But its your parent's house. And your mother made this. Where are my manners?' 

 

Jaejoong didn't say anything and stuffed a dumpling into Yunho's mouth. He could see Yunho's eyes sparkling. "How is it?"

 

"I got no words to explain how good this is." Yunho moaned in delight. 

 

"Where do you think I got my cooking skills from?" Jaejoong snorted. Yunho turned his face a little pecked Jaejoong's cheek. 

 

"Still.. Your cooking is the best. Ah.. now i feel hungry. I didn't even have lunch."

 

"Wait lemme cook something light for you we still have time till dinner." Jaejoong said and he was about to move away from Yunho. But before he could Yunho help him and spun him around so that he was facing the other. He put his hands on the counter behind him on either side of Jaejoong. He leaned his face close.

 

"Tell me... Why are you upset."

 

"Its nothing." Jaejoong shook his head. He tried to push Yunho away. "We're at home. If my sisters saw they're gonna tease me non-stop."

 

"I won't let go till you tell me what's wrong."

 

"its nothing really. I was just tired."

 

"Who are you fooling Jaejoong?" Yunho stared right into Jaejoong's eyes. "We might not be together since long. But believe me I cant read every emotion that plays on in your eyes. This isn't tiredness. Something is bugging you. Please tell me. If you won't let it out it will keep bugging you."

 

Jaejoong was silent for sometime but then he spoke, his voice was small. "You looked happy holding Soyoung-"

 

"You're his favorite uncle!"

 

"Hear me out will you." Jaejoong pouted. "I thought that.. You looked better with kids. You deserve a whole family. A woman that can give you kids-"

 

"Wait.. wait!" Yunho frowned. "This was bugging you all along?"

 

"Yeah.. I just..."

 

Yunho suddenly started laughing. "Jae.. You don't need to be insecure about something life this."

 

"You made it like I was stupid for worrying."

 

"No no." Yunho pecked Jaejoong's nose. "Its just... Don't worry about these things." He shook his head. "I got you that's all I need. Believe me when I say this Jae. Having you in my life. It felt complete. This short period of time that we spent together... I have been the happiest I ever was."

 

Jaejoong blushed. "Do you need to be cheesy?" Yunho smiled and as a reply he pressed his lips on Jaejoong's. Jaejoong moved one of his hands from Yunho's chest to the back of his neck and entangled his fingers his those dark locks. Yunho kissed him slowly. He wanted to take all the time in the world to let Jaejoong know how important the other was for him. After leaving those plumb lips Yunho pressed light kisses along Jaejoong's sharp jaw. "Y-Yunho... Everyone's outside."

 

"Doesn't matter." Yunho on a certain part on Jaejoong's neck that made him gasp. "Oh God I need you."

 

".." Jaejoong cursed as Yunho nibbled on his collar bone. 

 

"Jaejoongah are the dumplings done?" Came Mrs. Kim's voice outside the kitchen. Jaejoong panicked and pushed Yunho away just in time as Mrs. Kim walked in.

 

"Y-yes." Jaejoong tired to calm down. Mrs. Kim looked at both men and raised an eyebrow. Jaejoong's short collar was messed up two of the buttons were open, not to mention there were a few obvious hickeys on that milky skin, his lips were swollen and his face was red. Yunho was no good either. His was face was flushed, lips red and his hair sticking out in all directions and his shirt was bunched up. Upon seeing the suggestion look his mother was giving him Jaejoong hung his head low with embarrassment.

 

"Mrs. Kim, the dumpling was amazing." Yunho commented.

 

"Thank you dear. You can have more I you want. I'll pack some for you too."

 

"Thank you so much." Yunho grinned like a child and Jaejoong facepalmed and stormed out of the kitchen. 

 

.....

 

Next chapter will be a special chapter and sadly will be the last one. There will be an epilogue after it! Then I'll focus on "love like no else" and maybe upload a new oneshots and drabbles here and there. I have this friday off yaayy xD