part 10

The Unromantic Novelist

After staying at the pharmacy for a little longer Jaejoong went back home. Yoochun and Junsu had dropped him to his apartment after scolding him that he shouldn't drive. They had first asked him to go with them to their house but Jaejoong refused. "Its not that serious." He had said. Now he was standing infront of his apartment door. He still felt tired. He entered the code and entered his apartment and nearly had a heart attack when he saw his sister sitting on his couch. "OMG! Noona! I thought there was some ghost here!" He put his hand on his chest to steady his rapid heart beat. "You should've told me you were coming. Where is Soyoungie? The place is a mess." He looked around his messy apartment. Clothes and sheets of paper scattered everywhere.

"Junsu told me you fainted. Are you OK?" His sister Jiyoung spoke. Jaejoong only stared at her, his hands stopped from picking up the clothes. She sighed and got up from the couch walking towards her brother. "Hyori unnie told me what happened between you and appa. Honestly I don't blame you." She hugged him and caressed his hair. 

"Does Appa know?" Jaejoong spoke after a while. "That I fainted."

"Yes. We had to tell him" Jiyoung spoke. "He'll be normal again Jae. Just... try to improved your grades." She pulled away and winced when she saw her brother's swollen eyes with too much dark circles and pale skin. "I brought Umma's homecooked meal. She was worried when you just ran out of the house."

"Yeah.." Jaejoong remembered how his mother called after him but he just wanted to get away from his house and cool his mind.

"Don't worry she understands. She even scolded Appa afterwards." Jiyoung laughed. "Go and wash up. I'll set up the food. You must be hungry."  Jaejoong nodded and went inside his bedroom, he took a quick shower and changed into his pajamas. He walked out his room and saw his sister had set the table. "You still haven't seen a doctor for your insomnia haven't you?" 

Jaejoong sat down and debated whether to tell or not. He didn't want her to because of Yunho since she knew everything. "I..I found a doctor who can help me."

"Really?" Jiyoung raised her eyebrows. She smiled and handed Jaejoong a bowl of rice. "I'm so glad. After such a long time you did agree to seek help. Where is it? And who's the doctor?" Jaejoong lowered his gaze and stared at his food, heat rising to his cheeks. "Whats wrong?"

"I-Its Yunho." Jaejoong mumbled. "The food looks amazing! Do thank Umma for it. I missed her cooking." Jaejoong quickly started eating and his sister just stared at him then she suddenly started laughing. "What!?"

"What a fate you got there baby brother." She slammed her fist on the table while laughing. 

"Stop it! Thats why I didn't want to tell you!" Jaejoong hid his face in his hands. 

"I'm sorry! I'm sorry!" She whipped her tears. "Its just.. the whole situation is too... Cliche!"

"I know." Jaejoong pouted.

"Good for you baby brother. You'll know the pain your characters go through in your novels." Joyoung smirked. "But really thought how did it happen? I need details!" So Jaejoong told her everything since the day Yunho had dropped him home to the current day that how the taller man had been worried about him and helped him when he had fainted. Yoochun and Junsu told him everything how Yunho had carried him and checked him. Jaejoong blushed a little. Yunho had hugged him too. Jiyoung listened to everything carefully what her brother had to say and at the end spoke, "Jae, if this is going to get serious. You need to be careful. This Yoona girl already sounds fishy-"

"Noona... I don't even know if he likes me back." Jajeoong spoke. "It's one-sided."

"But he cares for you Jae."

"It must be 'cause he calls me his friend. Friends care for each other."

"Maybe he has the same thoughts as you." Jiyoung spoke and Jaejoong gave a confused frown. "I mean, maybe he thinks its one-sided too?"

Jaejoong laughed. "Him. Being a doctor and being about 7 or 8 years older than me. And me, being an immature literature student who can't save his grades from falling and the teachers hate him."

"Don't be such a drama queen." Jaejoong's sister rolled her eyes and resumed eating. "You'll see. But if you really love him. Don't give up."

When the dinner was finished Jiyoung filled Jaejoong's fridge with their mother's home cooked meals and went back home. Jaejoong didn't know what to do now. His novel was completed, Changmin had told him that the printers would do their job within a day so there wasn't anything to worry about. He didn't have any class tomorrow. He felt oddly free. He laid in his bed and closed his eyes. As usual he couldn't sleep so he busied himself in writing the summary draft for his next work.

............

 Next day Jaejoong got a text from Yunho asking about his health following several texts from his friends asking he same. Jiyoung came again and forcefully dragged Jaejoong to the car and took him to their parent's home. He had gotten more scoldings but it was of concern. His father wasn't angry anymore either. Everything was going well. Jaejoong sat in the living room holding little Soyoung. The little girl made gurgling noises when Jaejoong talked to her. Suddenly his phone vibrated and he took it out. 

Heechul: Hope you are better now. Can you make it tomorrow for practice?

Jaejoong: Yeah I'll be there.

Heechul: You better! 

After that Jaejoong set it phone aside and saw Soyoung sound asleep in his lap. He laid down on the couch, adjusting so the little baby girl would be laying on his chest, her chubby cheek pressed against Jaejoong's soft cotton shirt. He draped the blanket on them both. He was feeling sleepy, his eyes were drooping but then his phone vibrated, indicating a message.

Yunho: Whats up?

Jaejoong carefully took out his phone from his pocket and texted Yunho back.

Jaejoong: Nothing much. I was gonna sleep while cuddling with Soyoung.

Yunho: She's too little for you to cuddle with her!

Jaejoong chuckled and took a selfie of himself and the little bundle of joy laying on him and sent it to Yunho.

Yunho: Wow! Didn't know you were good with kids.

Jaejoong: I am the best uncle thank you very much! >:(

Yunho: Sure... You were going to sleep. I should let you. Its not everyday Kim Jaejoong is sleepy.

Jaejoong: But you took my sleep away.

He sent the message but then realised how cheesy it sounded. ! It can't be unsent now. Well it was kinda true  Yunho made him a lovesick teenager who couldn't sleep properly 'cause of his heart beating like crazy with thoughts of a certain someone. He bit his lower lip waiting for Yunho's reply.

Yunho: Are you calling me a failure as a doctor? Since I was the one who had to make sure you sleep well.

Jaejoong let out a sigh of relief and texted back and smiled.

Jaejoong: We will see about that when the sessions start. 

Yunho: Challenge accepted!
            Hey I gotta go my break is almost over. See you. Take care!

Jaejoong: OK bye!

Jaejoong put his phone on the coffee table and draped his arm on his eyes. Sleep Jaejoong try to sleep. Slowly Jaejoong felt himself falling into deep slumber.

...

Jaejoong woke up to something warm and wet on his stomach. With his eyes still close he brought his hand up to his stomach but it bumped with something else and that something was moving. He quickly opened his eyes and saw his little niece.

"Soyoungah!" Jaejoong quickly picked her up and saw his shirt covered with urine. "Noona!!!"

Jiyoung came running and stopped to see the scene infront of her. "Why are you screaming!? Is Soyoung OK?"

"She is OK but Im not! She ruined my shirt! She peed on me."

"I did change her diaper. Must've leaked." She took the little baby girl from Jaejoong's hand and inspected the other's shirt. "Wow thats a lot of pee. My baby girl is growing."

"What am I supposed to do now?" Jaejoong pulled the hem of his shirt away from his body and made a disgusted face. "How long were we asleep though?"

"For three hours. Now go and take a shower I'll bring you clean clothes."

So, Jaejoong went to take a quick shower. He felt better now that gotten some sleep and after a refreshing shower he felt hungry. He went into the kitchen and made himself a quick sandwich. Two of his sisters were off to univeristy. Jiyoung was busy with Soyoung now and his brother-in-law and his father were having an important discussion on work, which he really didn't wanna know about. So he felt bored now. Walking around the living room he saw his mother sitting on the couch. "Umma.." He went to sit with his mother. "Are you alright? Are you having a headache again?"

"No joongie. I'm fine. I just feel a bit dizzy."

"If your sugar level alright? You didn't have diabetes. Did Appa gave them to you!?" 

Jaejoong's mother laughed and slapped his shoulder. "Don't worry. Diabetes just don't pass like that. I'm fine. I just feel a bit tired, Maybe its 'cause I'm getting old."

"No you're not old! you can even pass on as my girlfriend." Jaejoong took our his phone."Lets take a selife. I know this app it tels how old you look." Jaejoong's mother laughed but did as her son asked for but then went to the kitchen. After sometime his other sister returned who was a year older than her. "You came back early." Jaejoong mocked his sister. It was half passed five in the evening.

"Unlike some people I study hard." She mocked and Jaejoong acted like he was offended. They started to bicker but then they start talking and then ended up throwing things at each other. They wouldn't have stopped if their mother didn't come out of the kitchen with a frying pan in her hand to hit them. Time flew by and Jaejoong had a wonderful time at his parent's house. He missed his other sisters and nieces and nephews but still, he was thankful. That night he slept for four hours and when he woke up he felt strangely happy. He had brought his bag and necessary things yesterday and he also had some of his clothes at his parents house too so he just went to university from there. 
On arriving at the university everyone asked him how he was. He was getting alot of attention. Junsu punched his shoulder and asked if he was alright Jaejoong answered with a kick on his bottom earning a victorious scream. After taking their classes, Heechul came to Jaejoong's class and pulled Jaejoong out of the class for practice. Jaejoong sang well than expected and everyone was just staring at him. 

"What?"

"Nothing. You look good today. Way better than the day when you fainted." Heechul said as he opened a water bottle and handed it to Jaejoong.

"Thanks to my family." Jaejoong chuckled. "Noona forced me back home and Umma cooked for me. I should spend more time with them." and drank from the bottle in his hand. 

"You should." Heechul nodded. "You're family must miss you. You're the only son. Don't make them sad."

Jaejoong nodded and stared at the bottle in his hand. His mother didn't seem so well. He was beginning to worry today she looked a bit pale. 

...

"Noona, how is Umma?" Jaejoong called his sister when he was finished with his classes and practice. He was now going to meet Yunho. As in going for a check up.

"She's fine. She just had a light fever. She's all better now."

"Are you sure? You should take her to the doctor," Jaejoong spoke as he walked towards the parking area. He had brought his sister's car today since his car was still at his place. 

"Doctor eh?" Jaejoong could feel his sister smirking. "Maybe the one who needs a doctor is you. Not to take it negatively but I think you need a dose of your Yunnie."

Jaejoong stopped walking, his eyes impossibly big. "OH MY GOD NOONA!" He shouted into the phone. "Why the hell did you check my phone!?"

"What? he was calling when you were asleep with Soyoung on top of you. I was bound to see the caller ID you set." Jiyoung chuckled. "Ah.. young love." 

"Ahhh why do you have to be so cruel!" Jaejoong started walking again. 

"I'm a very good sister Jae."

"Yeah right." 

....

Jaejoong was sitting in the waiting room of the hospital, patiently waiting for his turn. He was trying to be positive. Yunho would help him iwth his insomnia and they'd also become closer to each other. But why was he scared? Was he scare of falling deeper for the other? Was it possible to fall deeper? Wouldn't it be creepy if it did happen. He was brought out into the real world when his name was spoken. He went into the doctor's office. 

"Ah Mr.Kim. Please come in." Jaejoong gave a professional smile. "Have a seat." Jaejoong blinked a few times, his cheeks dusted with a slight pink shade. Yunho looked hot with his hair styled up and his white coat. He shook his head and sat down in the chair infront of Yunho's desk. "So what appears to be the problem?" 

"I...Can't sleep." Jaejoong spoke. "I have insomnia... I guess."

"You have to be more specific than that." Yunho spoke as he wrote something on his writing pad.

Jaejoong huffed and crossed his arms. "Why are you making this hard? You know most of the things."

Yunho chuckled. "I was keeping it professional I thought you'd be comfortable otherwise."

"This is making me uncomfortable."

"Alright alright. Then tell me since when have you been experiencing insomnia?"

"Since.. I was in highschool." Jaejoong answered after thinking a bit.

"Did something happen during highschool? I mean excess stress or nightmares?"

"Well." Jaejoong straighten up. "I was under stress and thinking about it still makes me stressed. I told you before that my brother-in-law takes care of thee company while I should be at his place. Being the only son I should be taking responsibility and all. But while I was in high school I realised that I wasan't cut out for it. I wasn't least bit interested in architecture. My parents didn't say anything but I knew they felt it. It made me depressed that I wasn't a good son."

"But Jae, it doesn't mean you're not a good son. Think of it the other way, what if you were involve in other non-healthy activities. You're parents still love you and will always love you. You told me how worried your family was when they found out that you passed out. You are surrounded by people who love you."

"Thats why.. thats why I think I'm not doing anything for them. They love me so much but I can't give them anything in return." Jaejoong sighed.

"You can give them love in return. Jaejoong, never think you're not worth it. It'll make your family sad to think you've been beating yourself over these things." Yunho smiled a bit and Jaejoong nodded. "Now tell me did you use a lot of caffeine in that period of time?"

"I stayed up all night and- " Jaejoong stopped that instant. He was just a second away from blurting out his secret to Yunho. He's stay up all night working on his novel. He'd drink coffee and energy drinks all night. He had started working as a full time author second year of high school because one of his father's friend had read his short stories and they decided to publish them in their magazines. So after time passed Jaejoong prospered into a well known famous author. "Studied. Of course I had to use coffee to stay up."

"And how much coffee did you drink?" Yunho raised and eyebrow.

"3 to 5 cups in one night." Jaejoong mumbled.

"Kim Jaejoong! Are you nuts?? You were a probably 15 or 16 at that time how could you torture yourself like that!" Yunho said in disbelieve. "No wonder alot of your brain cells died."

"It was for studies OK?" Jaejoong defended himself. "I had to study hard to get into university,"

"You didn't have you ruin yourself to get good grades. What did you do in day time? I doubt you had a part time job."

"Alright! I don't need friendly Yunho please bring back professional doctor Jung I don't want anymore scoldings." 

"Oh you're gonna get scolded alright!" Yunho frowned.

The rest of the session went with more scoldings as Jaejoong told Yunho answered more of his questions.

"Jaejoong who listens to heavy metal while going to sleep?" Yunho sighed.

"It was in high school alright? I changed now."

"You changed when the damage had been done."

"Thats why I'm here. For you to help me." Jaejoong grinned.

"Okay. So from what I've observed. Please reduce your caffeine intake and eat healthy, your health plays an important role in your sleep. I'll have to tell you to take a blood test so I'd know what nutrients your body is missing. Then that-"
 
"Blood test? Needle?" Jaejoong stared at Yunho with wide eyes.

"Yes." Yunho spoke slowly. "Don't tell me you are afraid of needles."

Jaejoong gulped.

....

"Yunho I swear I'm going to scream bloody murder if you even come near me!"

"Jaejoong you won't even feel a thing I promise."  Yunho spoke as he walked slowly towards Jaejoong with a syringe in his hand.

" no! Keep that thing away from me!" Jaejoong's breathing sped up.

"Calm down, Jae. Its me. I'm not going to hurt you."

"But that needle is!"

"It won't." Yunho walked towards Jaejoong who walked back until his back hit the walk. Jaejoong shrieked in horror when Yunho came close.

"Just relax." Yunho made Jaejoong sit down on the floor. "Don't look at the needle just close your eyes and focus on my voice." Yunho said as he brushed some bangs out of Jaejoong's eyes. "You're gonna be OK. We need to do this test to make sure you're OK. OK?" Jaejoong just stared at Yunho, his face red from Yunho's caring gesture and from how close he was right now. "I didn't let the nurses do it 'cause then you'd be manhandled and I'm sure I wouldn't want to hear you screaming and then fainting."

"I wouldn't faint!"

"Oh sure you won't" Yunho smiled and grabbed Jaejoong's arm, pulling his sleeve up, if anything it made Jaejoong even more nervous. He wasn't thinking about the needle but Yunho's fingers that were on his arm. They left tingling sensations. Jaejoong closed his eyes and bought his hand up to grab the front of Yunho's coat. "You know when you take out blood, it doesn't hurt. The actual injection hurts. I don't know why people are scared of syringes."

"Its 'cause you're a doctor!" Jaejoong snapped. He opened his eyes to see Yunho grinning at him. "What?"
Yunho raised the syringe with blood to show Jaejoong and put some alcohol dipped cotton on the crook of his arm.

"There you go. Did you feel anything?" Yunho smiled and Jaejoong just stared at him. The mole above his upper lip was so clear and his lips oh my god... Jaejoong gulped and shook his head. "I'm glad." The doctor laughed and it sounded like the best melody ever.

This was the first time that Jaejoong enjoyed a doctor's visit and looked forward to the next visit. He blushed when he remembered the intimate moment before. Yunho was too close. He brought his hand over his chest and tried to calm his fast beating heart. His phone vibrated and he saw Heechul's text.

"We have to practice extra hours tomorrow. So you better not run away."

Jaejoong grunted and sent an OK. He was gonna send another night at his parent's house since he didn't have any class tomorrow, everyone was busy in the preparations for festival. He could go to university late and enjoy his time. Life was finally getting better.

.....

Hello! Sorry for being late I've been busy with finals and they're still going on TTnTT and the new semester is starting from 15 August. I'm not even a bit excited. Urgh I don't wanna go back to the dorm. sigh.. but that's my fate. Anyway, this chapter was a bit dry. Don't worry the next one will make you all happy ;) I have it all planned. 
Ps. there might be spelling or grammatical mistakes. I'll fix them later. And pls do comment <333