Part 15

The Unromantic Novelist

Yunho walked back to his house, panting slightly because he felt cold and he jogged half the way back. When he reached the doorstep he saw Yoona.

 

"Where were you?" She asked.

 

"Out on a walk. Needed to clear my mind." Yunho simply answered as he walked passed her and went inside.

 

"In this clothing? You're gonna get sick." Yoona turned around and saw Yunho walking away. "Yunho.." Yunho stopped and looked over his shoulder. "We need to talk." Yunho followed the other to the garden and sat down on the bench, not before getting Yunho a jacket. Yoona asked the maid to get Yunho a hot cup of tea too. Yunho just remained silent as he stared into space. The maid brought them tea after a few minutes. There was awkwardness. "Yunho... Why are you being like this?"

 

Yunho remained silent for some time but then looked at Yoona with disbelief. "Are you seriously asking me this? You of all people."

 

Yoona sighed. "I know you and Jaejoong are in a relationship."

 

"I know you knew." Yunho took a sip of his tea. "Why did you agree with them?"

 

"Yunho they're our parents. They-"

 

"Since when did you start listening to your parents so much? I thought we agreed on doing what we wanted to. We both became doctors 'cause we wanted to serve people even though you mother wanted you to take care after her business."

 

"You don't understand!" Yoona suddenly shouted. "You'll never understand."

 

"Then make me understand Yoona. Tell me! I can't read minds!"

 

"I Love you!" Yoona shouted. "I've always had! I tried not to let it show 'cause.. 'cause I was scared that you'd leave me." She had tears in her eyes. "If my parents did that I'd blame them. But you.. you-" She took tried to calm herself down and took deep breathes.

 

"Yoona.. I'm sorry. But you know I've always seen you as a friend. As a very close and precious friend whom I can't afford to lose." 

 

"Can't you atleast try?" Yoona whispered. "Give me a chance? Maybe you're wrong. Maybe you can see me as more than a friend. Maybe we can live happily ever after. Can't you.. atleast give it a thought?"

 

"Yoona I cant. You know I love Jaejoong. I'm in too deep to just break it off with him." Yunho sighed.

 

"Are you going to tell your parents that you're dating a guy? Someone who's a univeristy student 7 or 8 years your junior?" Yoona mocked. "You know what they'll do Yunho. You're not afraid of that?" 

 

"I'll convince them." Yunho sat straight. "I'm sure they just want me to be happy." 

 

"They want you to be happy that's why they're doing this."

 

"They don't know." Yunho frowned. "But you know, you've known from the beginning yet you support them."

 

"I've told you Yunho. I'm not giving up on you. I dont see how that kid from a few weeks ago can win your heart and can take you away from me. I can't give up on you that easily. If you think you like him then I am in love with you. I won't let you slip from my hands. Now that I have support I won't let you go." She stood up from the bench. "They're still inside you might want to take as different route to your room." With that she walked away leaving Yunho confused and sad as he watched his childhood friend walk away. He didn't want this to happen. He treasured Yoona as his previous friend and he treasured Jaejoong as his boyfriend. He had to choose. Ofcourse he'd choose Jaejoong a his partner he never left something like that towards Yoona. And- achoo! Yeah he's gonna get sick.

 

...

 

Jaejoong felt something was incredibly wrong. Yunho wasn't picking up his calls and when he went to the hospital they told him that he didn't come today. Weird.. Yunho never took a day off unless he was sick. Was he sick? How could he find out. Yunho wasnt picking up his phone. He couldn't contact Ara since she was on a vacation with her family. He didn't want to contact Yoona. He walked out of the hospital and into the parking area.

 

"Jaejoong!" Jaejoong turned around and saw the person calling after him. It was Yoona.

 

"Yoonashi." Jaejoong bowed a little.

 

"Is saw you in the doorway. Didn't you know Yunho didn't come today?" 

 

"Yeah they told me." Jaejoong nodded. "Is he alright?" 

 

"He has a cold." Yoona shook his head. "I told him not to go for a walk last night without a jacket on but he doesn't listen."

 

"Last night?" Jaejoong tilted his head. "Oh you had a family dinner."

 

"He told you?" Yoona raised and eyebrow and Jaejoong nodded. "Oh I'm glad! Then he would've told you the good news too."

 

"The good news?" Jaejoong frowned in confusion.

 

"Yunho and I are getting married!"

 

Jaejoong just stood there, totally confused and dumbfounded. "Huh?"

 

"Our parents had the family dinner yesterday to announce our engagement. We will have the ceremony soon. Then we will get married. I'll send a special invitation to you. You're a close friend to him aren't you." 

 

Jaejoong blinked a few times and then forced a smile. He didn't know how to react. He felt like someone had just slapped him hard put if the blue. "O-oh! Congratulations! That's great!" 

 

"Thank you!" Yoona gave a wide smile.

 

"I-I should be going now. I'm getting late." Jaejoong waved at Yoona.

 

"Good bye! Drive safely." 

 

Jaejoong practically ran to his car and drive out of the parking area. He felt suffocated. What had just happened? Engagement? Marraige? But wasn't Yunho dating him? He stopped the car at the side of the road and tried to even his breathing. He felt like crying. He rested his head on the starring wheel. He wanted to call Yunho to ask him what the hell was going on but Yunho wasn't picking up. What was this he was 9feeling? His chest hurt as if his heart was in pain. Was it what it felt like when you lose someone you love? Why didn't Yunho tell him last night? Why did Yunho hide it from him? Was this the end? Maybe he's gonna break it off with him. Jaejoong didn't know but he had tears falling down his face. "Why the hell am I crying?" He cleaned his face with the corner of his sleeve. After calming down he started the car again and drove to a similar destination where he hadn't been a long time.

 

..

 

The music was loud and his heart was throbbing along it. He was feeling light headed already. He took another glass of his soju as he stared at the crowd dancing like they had no worries in the world. He chuckled bitterly to himself. Why was the world so unfair? 

 

"Jaejoong?" Jaejoong turned around and saw Siwon. "I thought it was you. What are you doing here? Are you drunk?"

 

"No.." Jaejoong muttered and resumed his drinking and self pity. He was about to bring the bottle to his lips but Siwon stopped it.

 

"I think you have had enough."

 

"Shut up!" Jaejoong stood up and tried to snatch the bottle away but Siwon took advantage of his height and held his hand high. "Give it baaacckkk!!"

 

"No."

 

"What do you know!" Jaejoong shouted. "You don't know anything!"

 

"Then tell me." 

 

"Why should I trust you?" Jaejoong snorted and turned around and asked from another bottle. He gulped half of the bottle down in one go. "You can't understand." He hiccuped and lost his balance in standing and was about to fall when Siwon caught him. 

 

"I understand." Siwon sighed. "How it feels to get your heart broken."

 

Jaejoong blinked his half lidded eyes and stared at Siwon for some time. "Will he really get married? I don't want him to get married to her. She's.. she's so.. so rude."

 

"Forget about him. He's not worthy of you." 

 

Jaejoong pushed Siwon away and shouted, "Shut up! You don't know him! How dare you say something like that."

 

"He isn't even replying to your calls." Siwon snorted. "

 

"Jaejoong!" 

 

Jaejoong turned his head to see Junsu sprinting towards him. "Su?" 

 

"Siwon sunbae.. what are you doing here?" Junsu frowned as he walked towards Jaejoong and tried to steady him. 

 

"Just came here to grab a drink but I saw Jaejoong so i came here to say hi." Siwon shrugged. "I'll be leaving then." He said his goodbyes and walked away.

 

"Jaejoong.. why are you here?" Junsu tried to keep Jaejoong upright, who was slipping from the other's hold.

 

"I hate this.." Jaejoong mumbled with his eyes closed. "Love hurts Suyah.. it hurts so bad."

 

"Did something happen between you and Yunho?" Junsu frowned. "Or if it's related to you stupid novel then I'll make you pay for making me come here all the way!"

 

"How did... you... know?

 

"One of the bartenders called me. They always see us together in the club and you were here alone drinking your off. Yoochun will be here in a moment too." Junsu grunted and he slung Jaejoong's arm around his shoulder and tried to walk. "Atleast move your legs!" 

 

"I.. I dont. I dont wanna gooo!" Jaejoong struggled but he was too dizzy to do anything.

 

"What the hell would you do by staying? I'm not carrying you to the car." 

 

"I wanna drink until i forget."

 

"Forget what?"

 

"The nightmare." Jaejoong stumbled away from Junsu and walked towards the bar, almost tripping on his own feet. Junsu followed him and sat down on the stool next to his. "He's.. not p-picking up my..my calls."

 

"He must be busy." Junsu winced and he looked at Jaejoong gulping down the soju bottle. He'd be having a very bad hangover later. Junsu heard someone calling his name and he turned to see Yoochun walking towards them.

 

"What happened?" Yoochun asked concerned as he eyed Jaejoong. 

 

"Yoona! She.. she's going to take him away!" Jaejoong turned around to face Yoochun almost falling off the stool but Junsu and yoochun managed to keep him from falling.

 

"What do you mean?" Junsu frowned.

 

"They're marrying." 

 

"Marraige?" Junsu raised his eyebrows. "Is it true or is the alcohol doing stuff to your brain?"

 

Jaejoong shook his head. "Yoona told me... theyre parents... had it arranged."

 

"Then why did he started dating you if he was already taken?"

 

"I dont know." Jaejoong whined. 

 

"What the hell!" Yoochun landed his fist on the counter. His anger boiling up.

 

"There must be a reason behind it. Maybe he's being forced into this?" Junsu tried to reason.

 

"He's from a big family! He's rich and he's a doctor. He-"

 

"Exactly my point." Junsu tilted his head and cut Yoochun off.

 

"This isn't a melodrama!"

 

"Its is!" Jaejoong suddenly shrieked. "Its a ing drama! And the genre is angst." He took a sip from the bottle in his hand which Yoochun snatched away after a little wrestle.

 

"Jae let's get you home." Yoochun tried to pull Jaejoong up but the other refused to move. "You are going home or else I'm going to call Jiyoung noona."

 

Jaejoong quickly stood up and Yoochun dragged him out of the club with Junsu in toe. On the way back Jaejoong fell asleep but after a few moments he woke up and started crying like a baby. Yoochun had to stop the car to let Junsu move in the back seat to comfort Jaejoong. 

 

"Jae.. its ok." He patted Jaejoong's shoulder who was shaking from the violent sobs. "Everything is going to be ok."

 

"Noooo! It's not!" Jaejoong argued as Junsu wiped his wet face. "He won't talk to me!" Jaejoong threw his phone and it nearly hit Yoochun on the head who narrowly dodged it. 

 

"Hey! I'm driving!"

 

"He'll pick up your call. You need to calm down first." Junsu spoke. 

 

"I'm calm!"

 

"No you're not."

 

"Yoochun!"

 

"This is a disaster!"

 

"Yoochun! Shut up we don't want him to feel worse."

 

"What would be worst than this?" Yoochun groaned. But then Jaejoong suddenly stopped crying and made a face. "No no no no no-" and Jaejoong thew up. 

 

...

 

"I'm glad he's a sleep." Yoochun sighed as he came out of Jaejoong's room,  Junsu by his side. 

 

"You have to go easy on him Chun. You know he doesn't know these emotions." Junsu said gently as they both sat down on the couch.

 

"Easy for you to say when you're not the one carrying a vomit covered Jaejoong up to his apartment."

 

"Okay that must have been hard but we are his friends. His only friends."

 

"I'm not mad at him Su." Yoochun sat up straight. "I'm worried about him."

 

"I know. Me too." Junsu sighed and rested his head on the other's shoulder and closed his eyes.

 

 ...

 

Yoona went into a cafe and spotted a man on the corner table. She walked towards him and sat down in the opposite chair. The man slid an envelope towards her on the table. She took it and opened, a smirk decorating her face as she saw the pictures. Siwon and jaejoong. Jaejoong in the other man's arms. Perfect. Her phone ringed and he picked it up.

 

"Hello... oh yes it's done. Thank you for cooperating..... Ofcourse you'd get what you want. After I show these pictures to Yunho you can have your Jaejoong." She smiled and hung up. She looked towards the man and gave him an envelope the man opened it and counted the money. "Its what you asked for. Thank you for your work. We're strangers from now on. You never saw me." She got up and put on her sun glasses as she walked out of the cafe.

...

Hello my lovely readers! Here is another chapter ^^  hope you like it! Pls do comment. I love reading your opinions. ♡