part 18

The Unromantic Novelist

"How are things going along with that doctor?" Changmin asked as he was reading the layout for Jaejoong's new manuscript. 

 

"Good." Jaejoong nodded and he took a sip of his latte. "I asked his cousin. The one I told you about. She clarified me everything."

 

"Thats good." Changmin fixed took of his glasses and put the pages aside. "I told you that things would get better. I'm glad you grew a pair and went to see that cousin of his."

 

Jaejoong nodded slightly. "Yeah."

 

"You're still a bit out of it you know."

 

"I just.. I'm flattered and both worried." Jaejoong slumped into his chair.  "Flattered that he chose me over his childhood best friend slash arranged fiance to be. But I'm worried that.. I don't know what I'm worried about."

 

"You're anxious." Changmin nodded. "Of course you'd feel all weird you never had that much drama in your life."

 

"Girls fought over me, I had made enemies, I had eight breakups this year, my father's friend who is the head of the medical departmental, hates me and I'm always alert if he's around, I broke his daughter's heart and she's been sulky and his father wants to murder me." Jaejoong shrugged. "No drama at all."

 

"But you never took those things seriously."

 

"I did. I fainted the when appa scolded me." Jaejoong frowned.

 

"I said." Changmin frowned too. "You are not taking those things as seriously as this matter."

 

Jaejoong raised his eyebrows as if realizing what the other was trying to say. He nodded. "Its the first time I fell in love Changmin."

 

"Thats why I'm amazed when I read your writings. You put so much emotion in it as if you have experience all of it."

 

Jaejoong snorted. "That's called talent my friend." 

 

"What use of that kind talent when you couldn't take care of your love life." Changmin scoffed.

 

"Why are you always bitter? Find a girlfriend will you, or a boyfriend, or a pet. It'll at least soften your heart a bit." Jaejoong scowled and crossed his arms infront of his chest. 

 

"Do you think I have time from running around and picking up manuscripts from authors who always hand in their work late?" Changmin narrowed his eyes towards Jaejoong. 

 

"Aish! I give up!" Jaejoong threw his hands up in the air as a sign of surrender.

 

"You better. Because you are not winning from the great Shim Changmin."

 

..

 

It was 8pm when Jaejoong got out of the cafe after discussing work with Changmin. "Want a ride home?" Jaejoong asked after they both stepped out of the door.

 

"Nah, I prefer to walk. My apartment isn't that far from here you know." Changmin put his hands in his jacket pocket and smiled.

 

"You know. You should smile often you look better that way." 

 

" I do smile." Changmin looked offended.

 

"Yeah, that scary smirk of yours." Jaejoong rolled his eyes.

 

"Whatever. See you later." Changmin waved and walked away. "And I don't think I can expect work on time from you?" He spoke in a loud voice.

 

"Thats why you set the deadline early." Jaejoong shouted and chuckled after Changmin gave him a glare. He got in his car and started driving towards his apartment. As Jaejoong reached half the way his car suddenly stopped. He tried starting it again but no luck. He got out of it and pouted. Great! What a time for his car to breal down. He tried to fix the problem but he wasn't good with fixing cars so he couldn't do anything. It was getting cold. He took out his phone. Wow what luck! His battery was dead. Jaejoong sighed and slumbed against his car. What was he supposed to do now? It wasn't late till a car pulled over. Jaejoong was actually relieved that someone came to his aid but the color of his face drained when he saw who it was.

 

"W-what are you doing here?" Jaejoong frowned at Siwon.

 

"I was just passing by when I saw you standing here all alone with steam coming our of your car engine." Siwon shrugged and went to check on the engine. "It's in a pretty bad shape."

 

"I'll take it to the mechanic tomorrow." Jaejoong replied.

 

"I'll drop you at your apartment."

 

"No thanks." Jaejoong his head. "And i have called Junsu he'd be here soon to pick me up."

 

"With your dead phone?" Siwon raises his eyebrow.

 

"I-it's working." Jaejoong hates himself for shuttering. 

 

"Are you OK? You look pale." Siwon walked towards Jaejoong while he stepped back.

 

"Don't. I don't need you here." Jaejoong quickly spoke. "I don't need your help."

 

Siwon stood there, staring at Jaejoong for a few seconds before he proceeded to walk towards the other. He gently grabbed Jaejoong's arm. "Why do you keep pushing me away? Its not like Yunho is coming back for you. He's already getting married to Yoona."

 

"That's all just a bunch of bull." Jaejoong yanked his arm away. "He is not marrying her!"

 

"And how do you know? He didn't even contact you."

 

"That's none of your business." Jaejoong spoke through clenched teeth. 

 

"Then what do you think of this?" Siwon took out am envelope and pulled out a card from it, a wedding car. It had two names on it in big bold gold letters, Yunho and Yoona. Jaejoong's eyes widened as he saw the piece of paper, unable to register what was happening. "You see Jae, those are all your own assumptions. I know the truth." 

 

"What truth?"

 

"You want to know? Then come with me. Be mine." Siwon stepped forward making Jaejoong stumbled backwards till his back hit the car. In a blink of an eye he was trapped between Siwon and the car with Siwon's arms on his either side. "Why can't you see it? I'm better suited for you. Why? Just why?"

 

"You're not him." Jaejoong said firmly and tried to push the other away. "I'm sorry but.. You you're not him and you can never be him." And with a gentle push Siwon was away from him. "Do you believe in the theory about finding the one? He's the one for me Siwon."

 

"And what if you're the one for me?" Instead of sounding furious Siwon sounded hurt. "Where am I to replace you?"

 

"I'm not the one for you Siwon. It's just a simple attraction you feel for me. What I feel for Yunho is something way more strong. You'll find that one you need to wait."

 

Siwon just stared at Jaejoong with gazed eyes. He blinked multiple times to will the wetness in his eyes away and swallowed hard before speaking. "I... I actually came to try one last time. You're love and trust for Yunho hasn't wavered and it makes me jealous and angry but something about it makes me relieved. Because he's the same for you." Siwon smiled a bit. 

 

Jaejoong returned the smile. "I know."

 

"I gave it alot of thought and I realized how much of an I was being to you. I'm going to try moving on and I'm sorry for all the trouble I caused you. I know it's hard to forgive-"

 

"I forgive you."

 

"Huh?"

 

Jaejoong smiled and stepped forward to give the other a brief hug. "Thank you."

 

Siwon took out his phone and gave it to Jaejoong. "Go on call your boyfriend to come pick you up." Jaejoong looked at the other with a shocked expression. "I don't think anyone of us would want to wait more." With that Jaejoong pressed in the numbers on the phone and brought the phone to his ear. 

 

After a few rings a voice came, "Hello?" Jaejoong's heart skipped a beat as he heard the voice he wanted to hear for so long. "Hello?" 

 

"H-hi.."

 

"Jae!?"

 

"Yunho.." He never thought he's be like this but tears were rolling down his cheeks.

 

"Are you OK?" Yunho's concerned voice came.

 

"Y-yeah. Umm.. My car broke down and-" 

 

"Where are you? I'll come get you right away."

 

"You're not busy are you?" Jaejoong mentally cursed himself, what if Yunho was busy? What if he was imposing on the other and burdening him.

 

"Jae..just tell me where you are." Yunho said. 

 

Jaejoong muttered the address and gave the phone back to Siwon. "Thanks." He smiled. 

 

Siwon nodded. "Now I should go before Yunho arrives or he'd get the wrong idea." Siwon talked to his car and turned around. "You'll be OK on your on?" With Jaejoong's nod he drove away.

 

Jaejoong tightened his jacket around him. It was getting chilly. He rested his back against his car stared into blank space. How would he react to Yunho? It'd be a bit awkward since it had been a long time since they saw each other. His mind was racing with thoughts until he saw a car approaching him. It was Yunho. Jaejoong stared in awe as the doctor got out of the car and shot the other a smile. He looked a bit tired but as handsome as ever. 

 

"Hi." Jaejoong smiled. His chest felt heavy. Why did he feel like crying? Seeing Yunho again, he just wanted to hug the other and never let go.

 

"Hi." Yunho returned the smile. They both stared into each other's eyes until Yunho stepped forwards and engulfed the other in a hug. "I missed you." He whispered. "So so much."

 

And that was it. The dam broke and the tears came trailing down. "M-me too." Jaejoong tightened the hug. "Me too. I missed you so much."

 

"Oh God." Yunho pulled away and held the younger's face in his hands. "I'm sorry. I'm so sorry Jae." He wiped away the tears with his thumbs and left a peck on the other's forehead. "I've been such a bad boyfriend."

 

"No, i-its not your fault." Jaejoong took a deep beathe, trying to calm himself. 

 

"Still, I should've informed you. But things were so tangled up and I was so confused and I didn't want to drag you into the mess. I wanted to clear all of it so you wouldn't be effected."

 

"I know. Ara told me."

 

"She did?" Yunho raised his eyebrows.

 

"I went to see her to ask about you." Jaejoong looked away. "I was worried you might..."

 

"Marry Yoona?" Yunho asked and Jaejoong nodded. "Oh baby." Jaejoong chuckled and hugged the other again.

 

Jaejoong rested his forehead on Yunho's shoulder and took a deep breathe, inhaling the familiar fragrance. "I was just scared. I did trust you. But I don't know why I-"

 

"It's OK. I understand." Yunho smiled and pulled away. "Now how about we go somewhere warm? It freezing over here and you jacket is too thin."

 

"As long as you're there to hug me. I'm Ok." Jaejoong spoke and started walking toward's Yunho's car leaving a slightly shocked Yunho. "Come on now. I need you to make up for all the time we couldn't spend together.

 

"Oh I'll make up for that for sure." Yunho mumbled with s smirk as he followed Jaejoong to the car.

 

....

Sorry guys for being so late. Life has been crap lately and I'm trying to catch with things but I'm failing. I just want a break but univeristy isn't letting me.. can I rant? I'm sick of the dorm and the univeristy and I'm sick literally my health hasn't been like it was. Its like I'm slowly losing a battle. Idk what I'm rambing about but yeah I'm at my limit. Sigh.. Why can't we have a shut down button and then restart again? Anyway, would you like some ehem *winks* rated parts up next? since you know Yunho wants to make up for the time he neglected his Joongie. *cough* I'm bad at so I'll just write a little bit IF you guys approve of it that is. Thanks for keeping up XD I'll be back soon just let me get out of his mess. Love you <3