Leaving So Soon?

What The Heart Desires

*Taemin’s POV*

The next two days flew by. I spent all my time with Tiffany. I didn’t know if she noticed that I started to kiss her more often now, but if she did, she didn’t mind because she’d kiss me back. I couldn’t imagine being on the other side of the world from this girl, but in just a few hours that would be the reality.

It’s SHINee or Tiffany. You can’t have both.

My mind was screaming ‘Go back to Korea; SHINee needs you!’ My heart was crying ‘How could you throw away true love?’ I was just confused.

I stopped home to grab all my bags, and caught a taxi to the airport. I had spent the night at Tiffany’s house. I left her a note trying to express how I truly felt, though we were never really good with words. We spoke through actions. It was a language that neither of us needed to learn; we were born with it. When I got to the airport, I was thirty minutes early, so I sat at the gate waiting for the plane, wishing it hadn’t come down to this.

*Tiffany’s POV*

“Good morning,” I said when I woke up and reached over to the side of the bed where Taemin had slept. “Gosh boy, you’re even making breakfast at MY house. I swear you’re going to be a chef some day,” I laughed to myself as I slipped on my slippers and headed to the kitchen. But when I got there, there was no Taemin in sight. Then I noticed something on the table. I walked over to find a single rose with a note. I smiled, but my smile began to fade as I read the words on the paper.

Dear Tiffany,

            On my way to America I thought this was going to be the worst year of my life; I mean, what am I going to do in America for a whole year?! But then when I walked through the doors of that dance academy everything changed. Everything changed because, that’s where I met you. I got to like you while dancing. I got to kiss you while dancing. I grew to love you while dancing. I used to dance because it was what I loved. Now I dance because it reminds me of what I love; you. I’m sorry I had to leave you like this. I was called back early because of my work with SHINee. I’m also sorry that I didn’t tell you; you’re probably angry at me right now. But I didn’t want to tell you because I wanted you to spend these last few days with me because you wanted to, not because I was leaving. You have no idea how happy you made me when you did just that. You’ll always be in my heart, no matter how far apart we are. I’ll never stop loving you, Tiffany Dahl. 

Saranghae,

Your TaeTae

 

My teardrops stained the paper.

 “Taemin…” I whispered, wishing him to hear me. “…I’ll always love you.”

Don’t let him go.

I grabbed my jacket and ran outside.

“Taxi!”

 

-------------------

 

I burst into the airport.

“Where’s the gate for the flight to South Korea?!” I asked one of the custodians that was walking by in panic.

As soon as the lady told me I started to run in that direction. I ran faster than I had ever run before. I could see the gate at the end of the hallway.

“Wait! Stop that flight!” I screamed.

“I’m sorry ma’am,’ said the lady standing by the gate when I got there, “But the plane is already on the runway. There is no way I can stop it.”

“But there has to be some way-,”

“No miss. I’m sorry.”

I turned around and walked away from the stupid lady in a daze. I walked over to the waiting area in the corner, leaned against the wall and slid down it into a sitting position, holding my knees. I sat there crying my heart out. I had let Taemin slip away without a goodbye. I would never feel the joy of his warm hugs again; or feel his lips pressed against mine. Taemin was gone now; for good.

“Excuse me ma’am, but can you sob a little quieter? I can’t focus on my word search with that blubbering in my ear.”

I jumped up, ready to hit the guy. His face was blurry through my tears so I wiped them away to get a good last look at his face before I turned it black and blue. I froze. Was I seeing things?

“T-t-t-t- Taemin?”

He just nodded and opened up his arms to me.

“Taemin!” I cried as I ran to him and leapt into his arms.

*Taemin’s POV*

“Taemin!”

She leapt into my arms and I caught her. This time nothing went wrong; I didn’t drop her and our faces didn’t smash. Instead, our lips somehow found each other. I felt her legs wrap around me as I used my hands to hold her up. She cupped my face with her hands and she kissed me passionately; tears falling down her face all the while. I breathed in the smell of her perfume.

“Don’t you ever… do that… to me… again… Taemin Lee…” she demanded between kisses.

“Never Tiffany; I’m yours,” I said as I set her down. “I told SM Entertainment that if they wanted me, they would have to come to America, because I’m staying for a long time. I don’t know how long I can stay before I have to go back to Korea, but I can promise you that when I have to go back, it won’t be for long. I’ll always come back to you Tiffany.”

I pulled her in by the waist and whispered in her ear, “You’re my heart’s desire.”