Romantic

What The Heart Desires

*Taemin’s POV*

 When I woke up the next morning, I tried to sit up, but something was weighing me down. Then I realized where I was, and that Tiffany and I had slept on the couch all night. She was lying with her head on my chest, and her arms wrapped around me like a teddy bear. I gently slipped out of her grip and laid her head down on a soft couch pillow.

 I made breakfast with a huge smile on my face. It was the first time Tiffany had ever spent the night at my house. I was thinking about when the next time would be, then reality hit me. Two days left before I leave her. I felt like my heart, which had been patched back up last night, was beginning to crack open again, just like the eggs I used to make breakfast. So fragile and beautiful, but then one simple tap against the frying pan and they were broken.

 I put some toast in the toaster, and began to fry some bacon when Tiffany walked into the kitchen.

 “Good morning,” she yawned as she stretched.

 Aigoo, she’s so cute in the morning; all drowsy and her hair in a mess.

 “Good morning!” I said cheerily as I grabbed her around the waist and kissed her cheek. She smiled.

 “I didn’t know you knew how to cook,” she said as she walked over to the stove, obviously still in her morning daze.

 “Oh, Key taught me,” I said. “I hope it tastes okay.”

 “Taemie, you’ll come to learn that in the morning, I’ll eat just about anything.”

 I laughed at her aegyo.

 We sat down together at the table and ate the breakfast I had prepared, which actually turned out fairly well if I do say so myself!

 I told her she didn’t have to, but she helped me wash the dishes after we were done eating. Of course we ended up getting into a water and soap fight, so my kitchen was soaking wet by the time we were done.

 It won’t be your kitchen for much longer. The annoying voice in the back of my head spoke as I wiped up the counter. SHUT UP! I was mentally pounding whoever that little voice was.

 “Well, I suppose I should go home and get cleaned up. Want to meet up again later?” she asked taking my hands and swaying back and forth.

 “Sure!” I replied. “How about your house this time?”

 “Okay, I’ll see you in a little bit then.”

 “Annyeong,” I said as we slowly let our hands slip apart and she walked to the door.

 

-----------------------

 *Taemin’s POV*

 “I am soooo kicking your right now,” said Tiffany. We were playing Just Dance 2 at her house.

 “I’m just taking it easy on you,” I argued back. “The guy is supposed to let the girl win.”

 “Haha, what ever you say Tae.”

 When the song finally ended we both collapsed onto the couch. We had been playing for two hours straight; we’re true dancers, what can I say?!

 “Aigoo, I’m tired,” I panted.

 “I’ll go get us some water,” Tiffany smiled as she walked into the kitchen.

 When she came back we both gulped it down like animals.

 “Well, what do you want to do now?” I asked.

 “I have an idea,” she smiled. “You know how in the movies when the couples kiss romantically, the guy always picks up the girl and holds her while she wraps her legs around him?”

 “Yes…”

 “Well, I’ve always wanted to see if that really worked. Wanna try?”

 “Bahahaha, okay Tiffany, why not?!” We stood up. “Now, you’re going to have to kind of leap into my arms,” I said taking a few steps back.

 “You do know that this is going to end in disaster right?” she laughed as she took a step backwards herself.

 I smiled at her. “Ready?”

 “Ready.”

 “One, two, three!”

 She ran toward me gently, then leaped into my arms. I caught her, but our faces smashed together.

 “Ouch!!” we both shouted, dying in laughter.

 “Take two?” I asked.

 “Take two.”

 We set back up.

 “Okay. One, two, three!”

 I caught her without our faces smashing. However, I didn’t support her enough this time and she almost fell out of my arms. Thankfully I caught her and laid her down on the couch gently. I climbed onto the couch so that I was over top of her, supporting myself by my hands and knees.

 “Taemin what are you…”

 She stopped as I leaned closer and closer to her face. She closed her eyes as I gave her small, gentle kisses on the neck. Next I moved up to her cheek. I hovered over her lips for a second or two, then kissed her as gently but passionately as I could, cupping her face in my hands. Finally I couldn’t help it. I began to smile… then laugh.

 “What’s so funny?” she asked me, confused.

 “Which one was more romantic?” I asked with a smile.

 “Oh my gosh, Taemin,” she rolled her eyes and pushed me away playful.

 “Well you wanted a romantic kiss, so I thought I’d give you one!”

 “I never said it was more romantic. Maybe I like jumping into your arms and smashing faces.” she said.

 “Haha, oh come on you know you liked it,” I winked at her.

 “Well, maybe just a little.”