Kiss Me You Idiot!

What The Heart Desires

*Taemin’s POV*

 As the months went by, I began to like this whole America thing more and more. Tiffany’s and my friendship grew more every day, and so did my affection for her. We would go to the studio on weekends to show each other new dances we’d created, and to choreograph new ones together.

 “Hey Taemin, bad news,” Tiffany said from the other end of our phone call. “Turns the tap dancers are going to start having weekend lessons, and they have to use our room for practice since the jazz dancers use theirs on weekends. I guess we won’t be able to hang out there anymore.” She sounded really disappointed.

 I thought for a minute.

 “Hey, I have an idea! Come over to my house tomorrow at the same time that we used to meet at the studio,” I said.

 “What are you up to Taemin Lee?”

 “You’ll see,” I said smiling.

 When we ended our call I dashed upstairs to the studio to clean. When I walked in I didn’t realize just how messy it was! I had clothes thrown in piles in the corners, CDs lying out without cases, the mirrors needed to be cleaned, the floor needed to be washed and shined, and the room could definitely use an air freshener.

 I worked into the early morning cleaning that room until it shined. I ended up not going to bed until 5 am; only four hours before Tiffany would get here.

 

--------------------------

 

*DINGGGG DONGGG*

 I woke up to the sound of my apartment’s doorbell. I rolled over to check the time… 9:15! I jumped out of bed, and ran to the door, trying to brush my hair with my hands as I went.

 “Good morn- oh. Am I early?” asked Tiffany when I opened the door, still in the same clothes I had slept in.

 You must look so terrible right now Taemin. “No, you’re on time. I just overslept. Give me ten minutes okay? You can head upstairs if you want. I think you’ll like what’s up there,” I said with a smile.

 I took an ultra quick shower, brushed my teeth, combed my hair, and picked out one of my favorite outfits to dance in. I walked up the stairs and was about to walk through the door into the studio, when I stopped. I could slightly hear music playing through the sound proof walls. I peaked through the little window on the door to see Tiffany dancing. But I recognized the song… and the dance.

 “You know Juliet?!” I asked in astonishment as I burst through the door. I guess I scared her because she lost her balance and fell to the ground, crying out in pain. “Oh my gosh! Are you okay?” I ran to her side.

 “Yeah I’m fine,” she said. “I just landed on my ankle funny.”

 I looked at her ankle which was starting to swell. “Aigoo, I’m so sorry! Let me bring you downstairs to get some ice.”

 “Taemin you really don’t have to-”

  I picked her up, cradling her in my arms and brought her downstairs. Way to ruin everything Taemin.

 I set her down on the couch and headed to the kitchen to get her an ice pack.

 *Tiffany’s POV*

 Ouch! Ouch! Ouch!  I can’t let Taemin know how much it hurts, though; he feels bad enough already. I can’t believe he carried me all the way down here like that though! He’s so sweet.

 I was surprised by Taemin’s strength when he carried me, especially down the stairs. I was also surprised at how quickly he had been there for me. I felt… safe?

 *Taemin’s POV*

 “Here you go,” I said as I walked in wrapping the ice pack in a towel. “This way it won’t be too cold.”

 “Aw, thanks Taemin,” Tiffany smiled at me. How could you hurt such a sweet girl like that? “Can I ask you a question?”

 “Anything!”

 “Why were you so surprised that I knew that dance? Is it special to you or something?”

 “Oh um no, I just… didn’t know you knew that K-pop group is all. Do you like them?”

 “I really do!” I replied happily. Great. Now she’s going to realize that that’s me in the music video; that I’m Taemin from SHINee. “I learned the dance from a friend though. I’ve never seen the actual dancers dance to it before.

 “Oh,” I said, relieved.

 “Do you know any of their dances?”

 “Um, I sort of know one or two.” Don’t ask me, don’t ask me…

 “Can you show me one? Right now?”

 She asked me. -_-

 “Well, I guess. What one do you want to see?” Let’s get this over with.

 “How about their debut song, Replay; I like that one.”

 I took out my iPod, and played it out loud through it’s built in speaker. I tried to do the dance like I was still in the process of learning it, but as the song went on I couldn’t hold back. I got so into it I didn’t notice that I was still in the smallish living room space. Suddenly I tripped over the coffee table and fell toward the couch, putting my hands out to stop myself. I instinctively closed my eyes. When I opened them, all I saw was Tiffany’s face, right in front of mine.

 I noticed that my hands were leaning on the back of the couch, one on each side of her. Our faces were so close together, I didn’t even dare breathe. I stared into her eyes, then moved down to her lips. All I had to do was move an inch closer, and our lips would make contact.

 Do I? Don’t I? Do I? Don’t I?

 *Tiffany’s POV*

 Kiss me you idiot!!!! We’re practically kissing anyway! Come on, just a little closer. Why are you doing this to me?

 Finally Taemin made his move. But it wasn’t toward me; he was moving backward, away from my face! I couldn’t take it anymore. I grabbed him by the shoulders, pulled him in and kissed him.

 *Taemin’s POV*

 Woah, what’s happening?! Wait, is she... are we… we’re kissing! No, wait. She’s kissing me. Why aren’t I kissing her back?!

 I relaxed when I realized what was happening, and began to kiss her back. Her lips were so soft. I could feel her start to smile as I sat the rest of the way down onto the couch, never once breaking the kiss. When we finally did break apart and looked into each other’s eyes, I felt a tug in my heart. Do I love her? I wasn’t sure, but I didn’t want this to end. I took a deep breath, closed my eyes, and kissed her again, this time resting my hands on the back of her neck.

 Aigoo, I love America.