Found Out

What The Heart Desires

*Taemin’s POV*

 “Hey, Tiffany, how’s your ankle?” I asked after practice, walking over to where she was sitting. A week had passed without Tiffany being able to dance. I wanted to kick myself repeatedly.

“Yeah, it’s much better now. I think I’ll be able to dance again by next week!”

“That’s great news!” I missed dancing along side Tiffany in practice. We were the two best dancers in the class, so we did a lot of duet work together. “Hey, since there’s no school or practice tomorrow, do you maybe, uh, want to go to a movie tonight?”

“Sure! What time should we meet?”

“How does 7:00 sound?”

“Sounds good!” Tiffany smiled back at me.

“Well, see you then!”

I totally just asked her on a date; a real date. It counts right? It’s not like I had to say ‘Do you want to go on a date with me’ or anything. Ah, I should go freshen up?

*Tiffany’s POV*

I sighed happily staring after Taemin as he walked away.

So this is what it feels like to be in love. I wonder if he ever thinks about that day we kissed at his apartment. After all, he DID kiss me back. Oh my gosh, what am I going to wear tonight!

At that I jumped up and hobbled home as fast as I could.

As soon as I got home I went straight to work. I fixed up my hair, brushed my teeth to make sure my breath smelled fresh, and attacked my closet full of clothes.

Too lose. Too tight. Too summerish. Too plain. Too dressy. Too desprate. Too… perfect!

*Taemin’s POV*

When I got to the movie theater I was a few minutes early. I had on my sunglasses, hat and coat to make sure nobody recognized me. I couldn’t risk being discovered now; not in the middle of a date!

Finally Tiffany arrived. When I saw her my heart skipped a beat. She looked beautiful! Her hair was perfect, her light makeup enhanced her eyes making them look even more endearing, and her outfit made her look like the cutest thing I had ever laid eyes on. It was simple, yet stylish, and looked perfect on her.

(Here’s her outfit, but remember she’s American: http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_2Nzw5_g77Fs/SxCYx23tLPI/AAAAAAAAAFw/Fij0Ql52UfE/s1600/1030BK.jpg)

“Wow! You look great!” I exclaimed running up to her and taking her by the hand. Here comes the butterflies again.

“Thanks Taemin,” she smiled widely. “You look… interesting!”

“Oh? You mean the sunglasses? Yeah that’s um- it’s, it’s a Korean thing. Sorry.” I said laughing nervously.

“Well take them off! You’re in America now and we don’t wear sunglasses at night.”

“But-,” I was stopped when she reached up and snatched the glasses off my face. I put my head down hoping no one would see me.

“Much better,” she said smiling at me. “How about you go get the popcorn and drinks, I have to use the restroom.”

I walked up to the counter as Tiffany looked for the restroom. “Can I have two sodas and large popcorn please?” I asked. 

The lady looked up at me, reached to get the cups for the soda, and froze. She looked at me again.

“Oh my gosh. T-t-t-t-Taemin?! From SHINee right?! Oh my gosh it’s you it’s you!”

Shut up.

“Annyeong, yes it is me Lee Taemin from SHINee! Would you like me to sign something?” I asked, hoping that would shut her up. I couldn’t let anyone else hear her. I love my Shawols, but I can’t have them here right now.

“Yes! Please! Um, uh, you can sign my shirt!” She handed me a sharpie marker, walked out from behind the counter and turned around for me to sign the back of her shirt.

*Tiffany’s POV*

When I came out of the restroom, I stopped dead in my tracks at what I saw.

What is Taemin doing to the lady’s back?! What is he like massaging her?!

I could feel the anger building up inside me. Taemin was mine, not some popcorn girl’s at the movies.

“Just what do you think you are doing?!” I shouted as I walked over to them. Taemin’s face fell. He handed the lady the marker he had I his hand.

He was writing on her back… even weirder!

“Oh my gosh, I’m so sorry! I didn’t know you had a girlfriend! And she’s American too! How do you guys make it work? That’s a really long long-distance relationship-,”

I grabbed the girl and spun her around to look at what Taemin had written. When I read it I was even more confused. There in fancy writing was written: 

 

Lee Taemin

SHINee Fighting! 

 

“What is that supposed to mean?” I asked both of them. Taemin just looked down at his shoes.

“Well I saw Taemin here and I was all ‘Oh my gosh it’s Taemin from SHINee’ and I wanted him to sign something and-,”

“Taemin from what?!” I turned to Taemin. “Taemin, what is she talking about? How does she know you?”

 Suddenly I noticed that a crowd had gathered around us and many of the people were taking pictures of him.

 What the heck?!

 “Tiffany, I’m not just Taemin Lee. I’m Taemin Lee from SHINee. I’m famous,” as he said the words my head started to spin.

 He’s not ordinary? He’s famous? I’m friends with a celebrity. I KISSED a celebrity?! Why didn’t he tell me something this important? Did he not trust me? Well maybe I shouldn’t trust him if he’s going to hide things like this from me. He lied to me.

 I felt my eyes start to burn. Tears. Before I knew it I was pushing my way through the crowd to get to the doors. I had to get out of here. I didn’t want to be near him when I cried.

 *Taemin’s POV*

 “Tiffany wait!” I shouted after her. I pushed through the fans to chase after her; I couldn’t just let her go. “Tiffany!”

 I ran outside and looked around for her, but I didn’t see her anywhere. I walked down the sidewalk, scanning people’s faces. As I walked past an alleyway, I noise caught my attention. It was the sound of someone crying. I peaked into the alley to find Tiffany sitting against the side of one of the buildings hugging her knees.

 “Tiffany,” I said hurrying toward her.

 “Why didn’t you tell me, Taemin; why?!” she yelled at me. “I thought you cared about me. What was I just some girl you found that you thought you’d have a little fun with while you were in America? Then when it’s time to go you’ll just pack up and head on home leaving me here to cry myself to sleep, wishing you didn’t have to leave?! Am I a publicity stunt?! What am I, Taemin; what?!”

 “Tiffany, no-,” I reached my hand out toward her.

 “Don’t touch me!” She screamed as she stood up. “I don’t ever want to see your face again, Taemin. I hate you!”

 She tried to run away, but I grabbed her by the arm and pulled her into a kiss in one quick motion.

 “You’re not a publicity stunt! Tiffany, you’re amazing. You’re everything I’ve ever wanted.” I said as I pulled my lips away. I wiped away the tears running down her cheeks. “You’re the best thing that’s ever happened to me Tiffany. And I think… I think I’m in love with you.”

 At that she froze. For a second she just stood there staring into my eyes. Suddenly she threw her arms around me and kissed me.

“You better not be lying Taemin Lee,” she said through the kiss. “Because I think I’m in love with you too.”