Stirring Doubt

Butterfly [ON HIATUS...]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yonghwa…

Itaewon…

 

Yonghwa gently caressed Shinhye’s hair as he watched her sleep in his arms. He definitely wore her out from the night of passion since dinner. He smiled to himself. She lightly stirred his arms, pulling his hand from her cheeks. He didn’t want to wake her when she needed all the rest she could get.

 

Instead, he gently placed his silk comforter over her sheet-covered body and planted a gentle kiss on her cheeks. He carefully slid out of bed, slipping on his boxers and grabbing his expensive robe. He grabbed his cell phone by his nightstand, remembering a couple emails he needed to read regarding his Tokyo café.

 

“Aish… this Joon-ssi won’t stop pestering me about purchasing new real estate.” He clicked his tongue out of annoyance as he walked downstairs.

 

It was only 2 in the morning and yet he couldn’t find himself to sleep. Maybe he was still hyped up on making love with the beautiful yoga instructor in his bed. It took all his willpower and strength to resist beginning another round with her.

 

He heavily sighed trying to dissipate all thoughts from his mind. He found himself in his grandfather’s office, sitting in front of his computer. He opened his email and scrolled through his emails until he came upon an ‘URGENT’ message from his soon-to-be former company. He bit his bottom lip, remembering Mr. Sutton calling him the evening before. But he was too taken away with getting Shinhye to bed that he ignored his call yet again.

 

He anxiously opened the email and read the content. His eyes were even more curious once reading the full email. Apparently, Mr. Sutton had great news for him and would like him to contact him. That was all that was said.

 

Yonghwa looked at the time on his watch and realized it was nearing noon in New York. He picked his cell phone from the desk and his dial pad. He sat there for a good 5 minutes contemplating if he should call Mr. Sutton. Finally, he dialed Mr. Sutton’s phone and waited as the dial tone rung from the other side.

 

‘Sutton here.’

 

‘Mr. Sutton, it’s Yonghwa.’

 

‘Ah, I didn’t see my caller id as I answered. I’m too immersed in my game of golf here at the office.’ Yonghwa could hear shuffling and the sound of the golf ball rolling into the hole. ‘Sorry, son, golf is everything to me. Let me make my way to my desk.’

 

Yonghwa wished his boss could get straight to the point and be done with it. He was sure it wasn’t anything important. The only news he had for his boss was bad and that was to notify his boss that he would be resigning from his position. He couldn’t help but tap his foot as he heard more shuffling in the phone.

 

‘Sorry about that.’ Mr. Sutton grunted as he cleared his throat. ‘I’m very pleased you finally were able to call me back. I’ve tried numerous times to get a hold of you and with no luck. I was beginning to think something happened to you. I’ve tried asking your father but he didn’t know as much. You hadn’t been in much contact with your parents as well.’

 

Yonghwa let out a heavy sigh. ‘My apologies for not contacting sooner. I’ve been adapting very well to Seoul life as well as my late grandfather’s company. I myself have been meaning to contact you regarding my position-‘

 

‘About your position,’ Mr. Sutton interrupted him. ‘I have very good news. The success of your last clientele investment brought a good 6% increase in stocks for us. I have even more clients, more high-end clients, wanting to invest with us.’

 

Yonghwa couldn’t deny how much pride and happiness that news brought to him. Since working for Mr. Sutton, he always wanted this peak of success. It was all he ever dreamed of and it actually did happen.

 

‘With that said, I want to offer you a huge bonus for your hardwork as well as a promotion to Junior Director. You will pretty much be your own boss but still need my approval. You just don’t have to go through the long line of approval.’

 

Yonghwa couldn’t have been more ecstatic with the offer. He had a huge smile on his face as he gripped his phone tightly. But then, he immediately thought about Shinhye. He wanted a life with her. There was no doubt about that.

 

‘I appreciate the promotion and bonus you have to offer. But I will have to decline your offer. It’s nothing personal. I just… I’ve been introduced to new opportunities. Opportunities that I look forward to here in Seoul.’

 

He could hear Mr. Sutton sigh. ‘I hope you don’t really reject this offer, Yonghwa. Just think about it some more. The offer will be on the table.’

 

Yonghwa was taken aback with Mr. Sutton’s sudden plea for him to take the offer. Mr. Sutton was known for his blunt and two-faceness. If anything, Mr. Sutton would give him an ultimatum to take it or leave it and move on. Regardless, Yonghwa stood by his own decisions.

 

‘Goodbye, Mr. Sutton.’

 

Yonghwa didn’t wait to hear anymore of Mr. Sutton’s pleas and ended the call. Just as he set his phone down on the desk, he felt the sensation that someone was there. He looked to the door but saw no one.

 

 

It was a long week for Yonghwa. His Tokyo café was complete and renovated. He had to fly to Tokyo for the grand opening over the weekend. He surely wanted to have his first overseas weekend getaway with Shinhye. He was excited and happy about how his life was changing and everything seemed to be going perfect. Aside from the fact that he had yet to take control over his grandfather’s business, but he was three quarters there.

 

He removed his reading glasses and shagged his hair after what seemed like a long day at the coffee shop. But it was only 3 in the afternoon. He groaned at how time was passing slowly. He covered his face with his hands out of tiredness.

 

He heard a familiar sweet chuckle. “Aigoo, nae namjachingu seems very tired.”

 

He peeked through both his middle and index fingers, staring at the beauty in the doorway. He automatically smiled and removed his hands from his face. He snickered.

 

“You caught me.”

 

Shinhye smiled and made her way towards his desk. Yonghwa loved the suaveness of her movements. With her wearing her tight yoga pants and her hair in loose bun, showing off her gorgeous neckline, it made him excited and lucky.

 

“Are you headed for your 4 o’clock class?”

 

He felt Shinhye snake her arms around his neck from behind. He loved it when she openly displayed affection towards him. Before they crossed that intimate line, she was always shy and reserved but now, she wasn’t afraid. Behind closed doors that is.

 

“Ne.” She planted a small kiss on his cheeks as he caressed her joined hands. “I came early so I could see you. It’s crazy how much I miss you at home.”

 

Yonghwa smiled to himself with the comfort of how she thought of his late grandfather’s as home.

 

“Jinjja?” He was trying to play coy with her.

 

She chuckled. But she didn’t answer him right away. Instead, she released her arms from around Yonghwa, slowly sliding her hands from his sternum to his muscular shoulders. He felt her gently massaging his shoulders then making her way to his shoulder blades.

 

“Jinjja bogosipeo.” She teasingly whispered.

 

Yonghwa was slowly losing it from her personal massage. His body wanted other things. He grasped her left roaming hand and pulled her onto his lap. She had a surprised, worried look on her face once she was cradled on his lap.

 

“Yong…” She quietly protested. “Someone will see us. What if one of your workers come in here? It’s your workplace.”

 

He held her tightly against him. “No one will come back here. No one ever does. This is my private space they know not to bother me.”

 

She bit her bottom lip. At this rate, he could hear and feel both their heartbeats going a million beats per minute. He didn’t care if anyone saw them. She had that effect on him. He pressed his thumb against her bottom lip, releasing it from her teeth. Next thing, he felt Shinhye’s hands cradle his face and her lips meeting his. He caressed the back of her hair, pulling her more against his lips.

 

Ring… ring… ring…

 

He groaned in their pre-heated kiss. It was his office phone so he had to answer it. It wasn’t good work ethic to let his office phone ring. There could be an important matter regarding his late grandfather’s business or his Tokyo café. He kept Shinhye on his lap as he answered the phone and put it on speaker, an apologetic look on his face and an amused look on hers.

 

‘Yeoboseyo? Yonghwaibnida.’

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter