GROUP DATE

Fake Girlfriend

I stepped in the huge restaurant, and the first thing I saw was a huge stairway going up towards the second floor. I looked up, there was a lot of crystal lamps. I felt really uncomfortable cause I’m not used to that kind of environment. Jiyong must be so rich, I thought.

“Ready?” Jessica and I walked hand by hand, we were trying to become a couple. I saw from afar a guy was waving to us, I bet it was Jiyong. I gave a sign to Sica.

“Is that him?” I asked her.

Sica looked at my direction and she nodded. “Let’s go there.”

We headed toward him. “Jiyong-ah, we meet again. I bring my boyfriend, Kwon Hyukri , he said he wants to join us for dinner tonight.” Sica introduced me to Jiyong. He was a little bit surprised when knew Sica was not alone. I was worried about for this group date.

Sica nudged me. We did a handshake. His hand was warm and quite big compare to mine since he is a ‘real guy’.

“I never thought you’d bring your boyfriend.” He smiled, bitter smile exactly which brightened his exterior. “I’m Jiyong, Kwon Jiyong.” He spoke with a warm low tone of voice.

“I’m Sica’s boyfriend, Hyukri.” I tried to make a guy’s deep voice and did it with a swagger.

“Let’s have a seat.” He let us, I guessed he was trying to be nice. He sat down across from us then rested his arms crossed on the smooth cold surface of the marbled table. “So, let’s order, what do you want to eat?” I saw him opened the menu.

Sica grabbed the menu and handed me one. I ignored it I just kept watching Jiyong. On the outside he seemed like a bad boy. His looks were completely opposite of my and Sica’s ideal man.

His hair is short but styled well.

He’s wearing a jacket, guess it’s Thom Browne.

And the glasses, definitely Marc Jacobs.

White cotton Givenchy logo crewneck t-shirt, good choice.

White t-shirt with Givenchy logo? I’ve seen it before, but where?

“Is there something on my face, Hyukri-ssi?” Jiyong raised his head and gazed. He had those single eyelid but could get you staring blankly into without knowing which was what I was doing.

“Huh?” I managed to say as I snapped out of the trance. “N-no.” I stuttered then grabbed a menu pretending to see the content. I could see his face in the reflection in the table.

“Is there something wrong, oppa~?” Sica held my hand tightly. “Nothing,”

“You were right, he’s such a fashionista.” I whispered to Sica. Jiyong did a short fake cough but loud which made us startled like crazy.

“So, what are you gonna eat?” He asked.

“I want lasagna.” Sica replied quickly.

“Yeah, lasagna seems good.” I added.

“So both of you have same taste, huh?” I didn’t know exactly what he means.

Sica gave him a fake smile. Later, Jiyong called waitress around us. “What would you like to order sir?” A young waitress around came by with a notepad. Her hair was pinned up in a bun with a cute clip. He smiled. She looked at Jiyong cheerfully while checking him out. He ordered our foods then she went away.

“So, how long have you been dating?” He asked suddenly. Sica and I looked at each other. We didn’t prepare the answer for this thing.

“Two months.” I said while Sica said, “Two years.” Which made a huge difference between our answers.

Sica stomped on my foot with her heel. I knew both of us made a big mistake.

Jiyong chuckled. “You’re the cutest couple I’ve ever met.” Instead of had suspicion on us he was just making fun of us.

“AHAHAHA, I know we’re cute and it’s actually two years, Hyukri might be feels only two months because we’re so in love.” Sica disclaimed as she slapped my back lightly but firmly.

“Yes it does but we've known each other for about 2 years now." I gave out a little laugh, I wrapped my hand around Sica’s shoulder, to make it look convincing.

He cleared his throat and was about to start another conversation “Hyukri-ssi, did you know that Sica and I were meant to be married?”

I turned my head to Sica. “Yes, and I'm so happy that she decided to cancel it.” I answered hesitantly as she nodded calmly.

Jiyong put a half smile. “Are you planning on marrying soon? If you've known each other for 2 years, why not marry?” He asked sternly with his arms crossed.

I couldn’t think an answer for this question, so I just pretended not to hear then drinking a glass of water.

“I really love him and I’ll marry him soon and no matter what happens even when the sky falling down I’ll never let Hyukri oppa go.” Sica remarked sarcastically as she holding my hand.

When I heard those words I choked on water and coughing. It was like Korean drama scene. I took a glimpse of Jiyong, he leaned back in his seat in surprise. Sica slapped my back to help me stop. “What’s wrong?” as she whispered to my ear. “Where did you learn those lines? I’m Sorry I Love You?” I whispered as I raised an eyebrow wonderingly. She just grinned.

“Sorry,” I apologized. “I was just surprised that she really really loves me cause I do really love her.”

An awkward silence passed us but soon enough Jiyong understood. "Hmmm"

After a moment the foods were coming. Two waiters put them on the table neatly. Before I was gonna eat, I jumped up from my seat, “I need to use the washroom.”

“I’m coming with you.” Jiyong stood up and walked towards me. There was no way I’d go to the washroom with him. “You first, I’ll wait here until you done.” I said.

“No, we can go together, there’s nothing wrong with two dudes going to the toilet together.” He said sarcastically and giggled. I nudged Sica for asking some helps.

“Are you guys are leaving me here alone?” Sica pleaded to us sadly in an innocent way. “You can go first Jiyong-ah and let Hyukri oppa stay here until you finish doing your business.”

“It won’t take a long time, Sica-ah. Come on.” He was able to grab my hand before I sat back in my seat, then Sica grabbed my other hand immediately.

“Let him go.” Sica started kissing her teeth.

I looked up to Jiyong, and our eyes met for the second time, this time his gazed a bit longer so I was noticing his sparkling brown eyes. “Fine.” He let go of my hand.

“I’m not going, you can go.” He said calmly trying to not show his annoyance and sat down in his seat.

Sica released my hand. “I’m not going too.” I said and sat down uneasily.

Without said another word we enjoyed our meals until there weren’t leftover foods. Jiyong paid our bills while Sica and I were headed to the door.

“Thanks for treating us.” Sica thanked to Jiyong by bowing to him. She straightly went to the car then.

I gave my hand to him for doing a handshake, he grabbed it but pulled me into a hug. I was shocked and released myself quickly.

“D-don’t you ever do that again.” I felt myself blushing madly.

“Calm down, I just want to be friendly since we have same surname.” He smirked slyly.

Friendly?

“Well, just stay away from Sica, she’s my girl beside you look like a bad boy and I don’t want Sica hang out with you.” I said sternly.

“Do I look like the type to hurt a girl?” He asked seeming a bit offended. “Never mind. Don't answer that.”

“Gladly.” I mumbled under my breath.

“What if I don’t want to stay away from Sica?” He kept giving me this look of playfulness which really bugged me.

“I’m gonna,” Before I finished, he cut me off, “Cause I’m not giving up easily.”

“Sica loves me, he doesn’t want you.” I gave him a hidden glare.

“I could see she loves you but I can’t see you love her. You just don’t take your relationship with Sica seriously. That’s why I’m not giving up.” He crossed his arms.

'Is this idiot that thick headed?'

“I love her!” I yelled out.

“No, you don’t. I can see the way you looking at her.” He acted as if he had known me forever.

I do love Sica, as a friend.

“Well, have a good night, hope we can be a good friend, Hyukri-ssi.” I knew that he didn't really meant it. He had this immature side of him hidden deep inside that only I could sense.

He waved slightly and left.

He’s really stubborn. I guess I’m gonna dress like guy for forever. Now let’s just see what he was planning.