Something is Wrong.

The Psychopath
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Chaeyoung woke up that morning feeling half happy, half sad. Yesterday she left Jungkook alone in the theater again when she only wanted to be by his side. She has turned a bit obsessive with him because she doesn’t want him to be sad and she feels that with her by his side he will feel less sad than he already is.

 

Also, she has to admitted it, because every time she sees him her heart starts to run so fast she feels it will come out from , she likes him; he is the type of guy that drives her crazy. She feels is a bit silly because she just met him and feel like a dumb little girl but how can she ground her heart when her heart didn’t made that decision?

 

It just happened.

 

But she feels a bit uncomfortable because she doesn’t know if Jungkook is in the same place, he doesn’t have the time to figure out right now due to his situation with his mother’s murder and all the investigation the police is doing.

 

Jungkook’s head is anywhere but here and she feels guilty she is thinking more about her feelings that Jungkook’s sad situation.  

 

Wow, she is good but bad at the same time.

 

“Chaeng!”

 

It was Peter’s voice calling her.

 

She shrugged off her thoughts, stood up from the bed and walked outside.

 

When she arrived to the living room of her house looking for Peter, she saw her old time friend, Jaehyun sited with him in one of the big couches.

 

She smiled when both made eye contact with her.

 

“Hey!” She said, walking closer to them.

 

Jaehyun stood up to receive her in a lovely hug.

 

They haven’t seen each other since three years ago, Jaehyun travelled to America and stayed there working and studying.

 

He was part of a student exchange program and the only way of communication was Skype and e-mails.

 

Peter stood up. “I leave you guys alone” and left the room.

 

Chaeyoung and Jaehyun separate.

 

“What are you doing here?! I missed you so much!” And hugged him again.

 

Jaehyun smiled softly and wrapped his arms around her again. “Well, the extension of the program expire and I didn’t renew so I came back”

 

She takes a few steps back “Why you didn’t call before? We would have made some meal”

 

“I was close and I decided to step by, want me to go out and call?”

 

She laughed. “Stop being silly, it’s ok now. What’s up? How was America?”

 

“It was ok but I want to talk about something else...” Jaehyun faced her. “...I saw you on the news”

 

Chaeyougn nodded, knowing where the conversation was heading.

 

“I thought your dad was the only one doing charity”

 

“It’s not charity” Chaeyoung said, “It was genuine. I am friends with him”

 

“Since when?” Jaehyun lifted his arm and placed on the edge of the couch right behind her. “We know each other’s friends and he is not in the circle, did I miss something?”

 

“Some things but,” She lifted one of her eyebrows. “What’s the problem with me meeting someone outside our circle of friends?”

 

Jaehyun laughed. “You’re not that sociable”

 

“What about if it that changed?”

 

He stopped looking at her and looked to his lap, still with a slight smile.

 

“What is wrong with you?” She started to smile teasingly. “Why are you asking all this? I thought the conversation was going to be different”

 

He shook his head. “I don’t know” He said. “I think I feel jealous”

 

“Jaehyun…”

 

He shushed her. “It’s ok… one need to know when is too late. I was in America for three years, how can I expect you would wait for me when I haven’t even tell you what I feel?”

 

“Is this a confession?” She started to say. “Because if it is you’re making me feel horrible”

 

“Oh, so I’m doing it right?”

 

That made her laugh big time.

 

She started to punch him softly. “You’re such a jerk”

 

He laughed hard. “Don’t feel horrible Chaeng. It will go fast, besides I won’t ever stop being your friend”

 

Chaeyoung smiled.

 

“That gives me free stuff like my flying ticket”

 

She gasped and once again, started to punch him softly with one of the cushion beside her. “You are a jerk!”

 

Jaehyun is laughing nonstop right in front of her. It’s funny how he just confessed but slightly made what it was meant to be awkward and uncomfortable, something fun and silly to play with.

 

“The play is even good?” He asked when both were watching TV. “I mean… mute plays are good?”

 

Chaeyoung laughed. “You can’t shut up?”

 

He smiled. “I’m just asking”

 

“The play is good, why don’t you go and watch it?”

 

“Support the enemy? Ew!”

 

“Jaehyun!”

 

He laughed hard again. “You’re so sensitive”

 

“You’re the one making not-funny jokes”

 

“What? When did I made a not-funny joke?”

 

“Just now”

 

“I didn’t, I just asked a simple question”

 

“The thing you just said!”

 

“What?!”

 

“That thing about the enemy”

 

He laughed again. “You’re hearing things”

 

“Now I’m crazy?”

 

“Now?”

 

“Jaehyun!”

 

“What?”

 

“You love teasing me, huh?”

 

“No, that’s an everyday thing”

 

“I hate you so much”

 

“What? That never came up to my mind when you kissed me”

 

“Hey!” She turned around to face him. “That was once and I apologize”

 

Jaehyun side glanced at her. “Yeaaaah”

 

“Stop it!” Chaeyoung can’t control it but she is blushing. “I really apologize to you”

 

“I never asked for apologies”

 

“But I felt like giving you an apology”

 

“Why?”

 

“It was out of place!”

 

“I didn’t’ think so” He said. “I never felt offended in any way, so why you apologized?”

 

“That’s you… I felt I screwed it up when I did that so-” She stayed in silence.

 

What started as a simple joke turned into a serious conversation they hadn’t had for a while.

 

“So?”

 

“I apologized because I didn’t want to lose you as a friend” She finished the sentence. “I mean… see what happened with me and Mino? From friends to relationship to nothing at all just for a simple kiss. You and I have being friends since kids, I- I didn’t want to lose that over a kiss”

 

Jaehyun stayed in silence, only watching her and analyzing her.

 

She is being so honest, he knows when she is lying, when she is being honest, when she is sad, when she is happy, when she is in love and not interested.

 

He knows her since she was a little girl so he knows for sure that what she is saying it comes from her heart.

 

A lot of things have happened between them and still, their friendship has survived through all of that.

 

Jaehyun laughed, placed his hand on her cheek and made him look at him. “Chaeng, our friendship has survived a bunch of … I think we can survive a lot more… besides, I was just joking, silly”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter