Best of Me.

The Psychopath
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

INSPIRED ON THE BEST SONG OF LOVE YOURSELF: HER ALBUM WHICH IS BEST OF ME YOU CAN FIGHT ME BUT YOU’LL BE WRONG!

(Only one part though, the rest is quite disturbing)

 

 

 

 

 

 

(Sorry about that)

 

 

 

 

 

“Mayor Park has been arrested for Domestic Abuse against her daughter Park Chayeoung. Police reports said that the politician was outrage by her press conference given a few hours before. The Counselors of City of Bussan has given their decision of remove the candidacy of the Mayor for the upcoming election”

 

Chaeyoung stayed still, like if she was soulless.

 

She stared at one single spot while she was sited in front of Namjoon in the Police Headquarters. This was the first time something like this happened and it was bloody scary. How come her father suddenly turned into a monster? He was about to beat her up? Like… beat the out of her for cleaning her name? Wow, with only the thought of it her whole body shakes.

 

Yoongi was trying to cure the wound in her lip while she was like an statue; only once in a while she would move due the pain but the majority of time, she was like she was dead.

 

As he was “dating” her friend, he felt the need to at least say something. “I’m sorry Chaeyoung” He whispered.

 

She only nodded, in such a catatonic mode you can even utter any words.

 

Namjoon walked to sit in the edge of his desk close to her and sighted deeply. “A bunch of bad news tonight, huh?”

 

But she didn’t answer him.

 

“Now that we are in that stage… I think you should receive all the bad news in one go to just get over with it”

 

Silence.

 

“Are you agreed?”

 

Nothing.

 

He inhaled again. “Chaeyoung your father will be accused of domestic abuse… but he is also accused of corruption and for money laundering”

 

She looked up to him. “What?”

 

“We have reports of him diverting financial budged from the Government to the city into his own bank account”

 

She frowned hard as Yoongi finished. “No… that can’t be possible”

 

“Chaeyoung he has been doing that for years now”

 

“No” She kept repeating. “My dad won’t ever do that”

 

“The proves we got says otherwise”

 

She stayed in silence for some seconds. “No, that has to be a mistake. My father even put his own money on so many constructions and projects of the city…”

 

“Chaeyoung we have all the proves” Namjoon assured her again. “We have it. The IP of the computer from wher the transferences were made, it’s his computer... back in your house”

 

“No, no” Chaeyoung stood up and walked at the opposite said of the office. “My dad is smarter than that… he wouldn’t. He loves this city to death, he woul-”

 

“Sorry” Namjoon interrupted her. “He already called her lawyer Chaeyoung and we have the accusation pretty solid already”

 

Silence.

 

She never thought this moment right here would happen to her. It’s like a nightmare, something that she would have paid for not living. Once again she saw her perfect life so far away in the past, it felt like those moments happened so quickly and this horrible moment is taking its’ time.

 

“We can take you hom-”

 

She shook her head. “My dad was expelled from the elections so… I guess I should start to pack my things and leave the Mayor’s Residence” A pause. "I'll go by myself"

 

Seokjin nodded. “If you want, we can take you, we don’t mind”

 

“No…” She said, grabbing her purse and coat. “I'm fine”

 

Silence.

 

Yoongi then spoke. “You’re not going to talk with your father?”

 

Again, she moved her head side to side. “I don’t want to”

 

The three guys nodded, ignoring the awkward and sad silence.

 

“Chaeyoung, I’m so sorry for-”

 

“Detective Kim that’s your job… you don’t have to” Chaeyoung said, walking towards the door. “You’re doing your job” And left the office.

 

 

 

 

 

 

As the Mayor’s Residence always change of occupants depending of who wins the election; Chaeyoung had to abandoned it; she packed all her bags while the house was alone and in a great silence, not even Peter was there.

 

She left her room feeling so nostalgic, she lived amazing things in this room, happy things that made her forget the negligence she was immerse on.

 

The situation she suddenly was put into made her life a total hell: her father became a total monster and now is in prison; her sister, Alice, got married without her because she was afraid that she was going to hurt her own family, so sadly she lost the happiest moment of her sister’s life, even though Alice understood, she felt so wrong and sad; her friends are still there, but she prefers to have them far so Jungkook won’t do anything stupid with them, she no longer has Emma nor Peter, she doesn’t know where they even are and plus that, Jaehyun still missing.

 

Her whole existence became so dark and painful and everything beginning with Jungkook making a horrible mistake… but deep down she knows this is not only his responsibility but hers as well; she should’ve stop him, she should’ve stop seeing him, stop receiving him, she should’ve listened Jaehyun when he told her to run away with her whole family to somewhere.

 

She now realizes she should’ve listened more, that she should’ve occupied more than preoccupied.

 

She knows it was because of the fear she used to feel for Jungkook, but what that fear gave her? A ty life. Thanks to that fear, she created a dependency, some kind of crazy attachment towards him. She should’ve been braver, she should’ve been strong.

 

She felt tears coming down her cheek and she hugged herself in her old bed.

 

The old apartment of two big bedrooms, a spacious living room, a nice kitchen and a balcony was still intact, a little bit dirty and smelled weird, but it was intact.

 

When her father won his first election back in 2010, leaving this place was a nightmare, she didn’t wanted to let go of the memories of a loving and caring father, she didn’t wanted to go to a new house even though this one was even bigger, with a bigger room, bigger closet and a lot more of space for her to play. But she had to, she had to get used to that life because it was the one that was decided for her… and since that day… everything changed; her father wasn’t around like he used to and he started to miss things she wanted to show him, he started to miss plays, expositions, father’s reunions,  father’s parties and so on…

 

Then he was re-elected and nothing changed at all.

 

Coming back here is hurtful giving all the things that happened since she left it. Coming back here and alone feels even colder than she imagined. All the memories she didn’t wanted to let, still there to torment her and to not give her peace of mind for a while.

 

Chaeyoung used to be

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter