The Weird People.

The Psychopath
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Woman found dead in a trash can in Busan.

 

No suspects in the Busan Woman case.

 

Jeon was cut in pieces after losing her life.

 

Who was the killer of Busan Woman: Five clues.

 

As expected, the media has put their hands on Jungkooks’ mother’s case. They go from disgusting to some professionals, but the disgusting ones have way more attention, which is sad. Since this happened, Jungkook has been harassed by media but protected by the Police Department, specially under Namjoon and Seokjin’s protection as they, even if they don’t know why, have taken the case personal; in their perspective, this kid didn’t deserved what happened to his mother and doesn’t deserve what media is doing to him, so in order to give him peace, they are using all their strength to resolve this mess.

 

The people in Busan were naturally afraid of the sudden news.

 

The fact that a woman was found in such conditions made them thought that maybe there was a murderer around the city and they were on danger too.

 

The Mayor assured them he was full aware of the problem and their fear so he intensified the security around the borders, the public areas, malls and plazas.

 

That gave the people some rest as the investigations were still ongoing unsuccessfully.

 

In the SPD, both detectives were in their office checking their currents clues and suspects for the second time in a row when their boss, silently, entered in the office and threw one newspaper with a very insulting headline.

 

“Is SPD out of ideas or clues in the Busan Woman’s case?? How dumb can they be?” He read out loud and both stopped doing what they were doing. “Are you aware of these kinds of headlines?”

 

Namjoon and Seokjin made silence.

 

But their boss continued. “The only thing we currently have is a very depressed kid and thousands of people wanting answers outside” He said, his tone is angry. “I am following what you guys are doing and let me tell you, it’s not worthy at all”

 

“Sir...” Namjoon spoke, standing up. “It has been a week not a whole month. We are just starting our investigation. We have our suspects, our theories and a lot of people that wants to collabor-”

 

“Namjoon that’s not enough!” Boss said. “Having three mimes as suspect which declarations are verifiable is equal to have nothing”

 

“I’m sorry Boss but if you think that then you are not following the case as you said” Silence, but he kept talking after quick seconds. “The only one which declarations are verifiable is Tzuyu; Sana and Jackson are still under investigation”

 

Boss didn’t said anything, he only stared at Namjoon who is politely talking towards him, even though he feels the rage and frustration that is fluting out of his body.

 

“We have our tools, we just need some time” He grabbed the newspaper. “These kinds of articles only want people to buy them but they don’t know the real process we are making and the real progress, that even if are little, are giving peace to Jungkook somehow… so please, believe us more than just headlines”

 

Silence. 

 

The Boss sighted and took the newspaper with him. “Keep working” and left the office.

 

Namjoon let out a big amount of air he was holding inside his lungs, of course he knows that things are getting pretty hard to discover who did this, but if he let the newspaper's headlines play with him and his job, probably something will go very wrong.

 

He let his body fall on the chair, as if he just let go a bit weight and stared at Seokjin that had his eyes glued to the table.

 

“What are you thinking?”

 

Seokjin made silence and looked up at him. “Boss has a point but you have a point as well”

 

“You are going with Boss?”

 

He shook his head. “You have been my partner since ever, how can I leave you alone in this?”

 

Namjoon smiled.

 

“But Boss has a point Joon, we have nothing to work with” He leaned in the desk. “Sana, Jackson, Tzuyu, they are just… I can’t even called them ‘helpers’ they are just people who happened to know things about Jungkooks’ mother, but murderers? Nah”

 

Namjoon leaned as well. “So what you think we should do? We communicated with their former boyfriends… at least the ones Jungkook could recognize; Jungkook’s older brother hasn’t called us back, we don’t know if Seoul Police Department is doing us the favor… we are in a dark hole ”

 

“What about if we go to the funeral? Let see who else we can interrogate”

 

Namjoon nodded. “Don’t you think Jungkook would feel offended by that?”

 

Seokjin stood up to grab his jacked from his chair. “Jungkook knows we’re doing this for him and for the city, he’ll understand”

 

 

 

 

The funeral is not that full of people, only Jungkook’s co-workers.

 

The Mayor, knowing his daughter was friend of the unfortunate, stepped by to give a cute and long speech and then left for work responsibilities (as always), letting some bodyguards in the place.

 

Chaeyoung was sited right beside Jungkook, holding his hand tight, sometimes she wanted him to rest from her hold, but every time she tried to take off, Jungkook would grab her even harder, is like he doesn’t want to feel alone and if she let go, he will feel that way. 

 

Even though they have been here since the morning, Jungkook hasn’t spoke a word; his face tells everything, he is feeling pain, confusion, anger mixed with sadness.

 

The people would got close to him and she would answer his thanks instead.

 

Everyone understood that.

 

“You should go and talk with your friends” Chaeyoung said, she had her head leaned on his shoulders. “I think they want to give you support as well”

 

Looking straight at his mother’s case. “I don’t want to” he answered.

 

She has never being with someone in this kind of situation and it feels so sad and hurtful watching somebody that you care walking through darkness like this.

 

They met each other recently but the connection they suddenly have was so strong to the point Chaeyoung is right here with him in this hard time.

 

It’s amazing how friendship works.

 

“They already hugged me and stuff” He said. “But I just feel they are here only to make sure she did died”

 

Chaeyoung give him a disapproval look. “Don’t say that Jungkook, they are here because they care about you and cared about her”

 

“Don’t fool yourself Chaeyoung” Jungkook answered sharply. “She was the best… with me” He looked at her. “She was mean with everyone else, everyone else hated her even more than my brother”

 

She bite her lower lip and kept listen to him.

 

“They’re just here to talk bull”

 

Silence and she felt her hold going stronger.

 

“You’re the only one I know that is here for me”

 

Silence again.

 

Wow, she never imagined he felt that way about his own co-workers on the theater. It’s kind of sad because that means he never saw them as his family even though they have so many years working together, which also means, he never had someone who he could talk to when he felt sad, angry or excited about something?

 

“We used to fight a lot, you know?” He started to say. “We fought for anything and everything must of all because of my brother. She used to yell at me because I didn’t intervened for her but even if I did so, he would never accepted; he is too proud”

 

“Why he has never accepted her?”

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter