The Investigation.

The Psychopath
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Seokjin woke up early that day to get to the office and start his work as last weekend, the murder of a woman in her late 40s shook the country. He really wanted to do his job well by putting all the efforts he can do on the case. But as soon as he opened the door of his office, he saw Namjoon glued to the computer screen, scrolling down some information he found earlier.

 

“Wow! I thought I was coming early!” He said, closing the door behind him and walking to his desk.

 

Namjoon smiled. “I arrived her like ten minutes ago, don’t worry” He said. “I guess we both want to know what happened here”

 

Seokjin pulled his coat in the backrest of his chair. “Yeah, we don’t see bodies cut to pieces every day” He putted his two arms on the desk. “Did you got something?”

 

“Using her ID, I found an insurance and I also found out she has two sons; Jeon Junghwa and Jeon Jungkook. Junghwa is on Seoul while Jungkook works at the Art of Artists Corporation. We tried to communicate with both but none of them answer our calls. I searched AAC and they are actually in the city with their Play of Mimes, they are doing some kind of tour around the country… My guess is that she probably came to see Jungkook or was travelling with Jungkook. Eaither way, none of her sons have called to report her missing or something which is strange but we don’t have the whole picture to judge yet”

 

Seokjin was nodding slowly, understanding Namjoon’s facts. “What about Yoongi? Did he discover something?”

 

“He has been locked on the room since Saturday's morning according to Suran” Namjoon leaned on his chair. “And to be honest I can’t ask him for more, that body was cut into pieces, he has a huge work to do”

 

“So what do we do?” He asked. “Do you want to know my opinion?”

 

“Always”

 

“We have to go and let the only kid she has here know about what happened and start to work from there; we can find out what kind of woman she was and if they had any clue of what could possibly happen to her or who could possibly have done that”

 

“Tha-”

 

“Guys?”  A girl opened the door of their office. “Yoongi is ready”

 

After she gave the sign, they both walked to the coroner’s office.

 

He had worked all night long in the investigation of the real cause of death of this woman they found earlier.

 

Namjoon opened the door and Dr. Min Yoon Gi looked at him in a serious expression; for him it was his everyday expression so Namjoon or Seokjin didn’t paralyzed at that attitude of his. In the table were the parts of the body now turned into the whole body of the woman. It was a little bit too uncomfortable to see, they have been dealing with this since they got the job but the brutality of the crime is just too much to handle.

 

“What you got?” Namjoon asked him.

 

Yoongi let his tools in the nearest table. “Well, it was a healthy woman to be honest with you guys; eat healthy, used to drink a lot of water and exercising but... the cause of death was a heart attack, which is weird. She was severally beat up by the attacker and she punched her head with, I’m guessing, the corner of a table or the wall” He took the head to show the wound to the two detectives. “The thing is…” He pointed at her neck. “You can see a slight red mark right here? She was strangled, in my perspective maybe because the attacker thought she was still alive” He took both hands. “She has no DNA under her nails or anything, and I guess she didn’t defended herself”

 

“Why?”

 

“I have no idea why”

 

“Time of death?”

 

“Around 3:30am”

 

“She was ually assault?”

 

Yoongi shook his head. “I cannot be 100% sure but she had ual before the attack, not during, not after, before… so neither she was ually abused or had consented ”

 

“So we shou-”

 

“I’m not finish” Yoongi pointed. “I found different remnants. So, if you want my honest opinion, I guess you should talk with the people who know her… I have a slightly feeling she was… savage”

 

Seokjin and Namjoon made eye contact. “Ok, and what about that white paint on her hand?”

 

“It just paint” He answered.

 

“And this little purple things?” Seokjin pointed with his fingers.

 

“Those little purple things are created when someone bits and on your skin” Yoongi explained. “Have you ever had hardcore ?”

 

Seokjin’s cheeks went red while Namjoon smirked, making fun of his sudden shyness. “Ah-”

 

“So what you think we should do besides of interviewing her close ones?” Namjoon asked instead.

 

“For now, only that” Yoongi said, taking his gloves off. “I’ll rest for a while and keep working in an hour to see if I see more things”

 

“Ok, let’s go Jin” Namjoon said walking to the door.

 

“Before leaving, yes, I had had , ok?”

 

Yoongi smiled at him. “Do you know what’s ‘69’?”

 

Seokjin was lost for words again until he heard Namjoon calling his name from outside. “We’re not over”

 

The two detectives went inside their car and drove towards the theater. Showing their badges to the doorman, they could get inside the crowded dress room. There were people walking up and down with coloring outfits and their head full of white make-up. Girls and boys were separate by two rooms away but they couldn’t find the director into the mob.

 

“Excuse me” Seokjin stopped one of the girls. “I need to speak with the director”

 

“Are you a cop?” The girl said with a naughty expression.

 

He hesitated. “Yes- yes…” He loaned his throat. “Yes we are”

 

“Where’s the badge?” She asked, still with that bad girl expression.

 

Namjoon got tired of the situation, got out his badge and showed off in the girl's face. “Here, where is the director?”

 

The girl rolled her eyes at him and looked at Seokjin. “In the last room”

 

“Thanks” Namjon said, passing beside them, Seokjin followed him after waking up from his ecstasy.

 

Namjoon opened the door of the room the girl pointed at and found a middle age man, sited on the desk talking over the phone. When he turned around and saw him, he quickly hang up the phone and looked up at them.

 

“Hello?” He said. “How can I help you?”

 

“SPD” Namjoon said. “Uh… sir, can we speak with the door closed?”

 

“Sure” He said, still a bit confused with all of this. “Sit, please” He pointed at both of the chairs in front of his desk. “I don’t understand what is going on”

 

“Did you by any chance knew a woman named Jeon Jung Rin?”

 

The face of the director changed from a confused expression to a totally horrific and terrifying expression. “Oh my God, did something happen to her?”

 

Seokjin and Namjoon made eye contact again. “She was murder sir, we are the detectives to hold the case”

 

Silence. Total silence. They for sure were waiting for this reaction because of their tradition of saying this to the relatives of the victims.

 

The director hide his face behind his two palms and his sadness and shock were evident. “What happened?”

 

“She was found dead in a trash can” Seokjin said. “We need to speak with her son as well, Jeon Jung Kook?”

 

“Oh, yeah, Jungkook” He said, his voice cracked. “I- I think he went out some hours ago”

 

Namjoon spoke this time. “We want to know if you may know who could have possibly done this”

 

“Well… she was a good woman but… I’m sorry… I am so sorry but she was also a very wild lady” He started to say. “She used to- to sleep with so many men, sometimes in the same day. I- I don’t think is crazy to believe some of them did this to her but oh my God, she loved her sons so much”

 

“By any chance… did Jungkook knew that?”

 

“Sadly he did, but… this work helped him to get his mind out of that and me- I- I used to protect him from that as well… he is a god kid.. oh God, he doesn’t deserve this”

 

“What about his brother?”

 

“Junghwa is in other way. He- he is a successful lawyer and he doesn’t want to deal with her. He sometimes calls Jungkook but… with his mother is a strange for him”

 

Namjon frowned. “Do you think maybe he did this?”

 

“I don’t- don’t know” He said, shaking his head rapidly. “I- I don’t think he would do that… he- he is in Seoul”

 

“Sir, I’m sorry but if they didn’t have a good relationship for us is easy to think he can be a suspect” Seokjin explained.  

 

“Well, when he called Jungkook, sometimes Jungrin would take the phone from Jungkook and begged Junghwa to called her and recognized her as his mother and he just kept denying her; sometimes he would hang up and call later… they didn’t have a good relationship”

 

“That’s good information, Mr…”

 

“Song” He answered. “Song Ji Hoon”

 

“Mr. Song, we really appreciate all these information you’re giving us” Namjoon said. “Can you please let us know when Jungkook arrives so we can speak to him?”

 

“Of course!”He said. “I would totally let you guys know”

 

“Can we walk around?”

 

Mr. Song expression changed. “I – I don’t think that would be very convenient as there’s too much going on right now with our next show”

 

“Yeah, we know but we will very invisible… at least until Jungkook arrives”

 

“But-”

 

Seokjin got close to the desk. “Sir, this is important… if you really want to protect Jungkook as you’re telling you’re used to I believe you should let this happen and let him know”

 

Mr. Song stayed in silence for a while and stood up. “I’ll see if he arrived

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter