two

the song

A/N: Thank you so much guys for taking the time to read and subscribe to this story, and especially those who leave comments (I really enjoy reading all of them). So here's the second chapter of the story and I hope you guys enjoy it! :)

***

He s inside her one last time before he carelessly crashes on to the bed. “That was satisfying,” says Kwon Jiyong.

“Thanks oppa.” Choi Jinri gives him a small peck on his cheeks before heading to the bathroom.

This has been the nth time that Jiyong and Jinri performed the deed – it has been quite a regular thing for both of them but none of them would say that they are in a relationship in any way. Sure, there are rumors circulating around that they do as pictures of them hanging out have been surfacing around the celebrity gossips. However, the rumors are proven false. They are merely just friends… with benefits.

It started just after his Peaceminusone event in Paris recently. She had just broken up with that long-term boyfriend of hers that time while he was still trying to nurse the heartbreak caused by that ex. One thing led to another and they are now… like this.

They were not attached, to say the least. But somehow, it feels nice to have someone who is there physically without having any sort of expectations. God, he does not want to recall what he was going through after those relationships.

He admits, he falls in love easily and quickly. That’s what happened to him when he was with his previous exes. It’s a tragedy when they failed. He tried so hard to maintain them but he just couldn’t. Maybe the others are right – he in love and that’s why all of his relationships are failure.

That’s also why he is glad that Jinri is on the same page with him - that all they are are just friends. To fall in love once again after several failed relationships… he does not know what to expect it. But for now, all he knows is that he is not ready for it – the idea of losing someone you love, the heartbreak it brings, just no. So he is just going to settle for this ‘no-strings attached’ thing while it lasts – he knows it’s just going to be temporary since Jinri is actively dating around and he is going to be really busy soon. Preparing for a solo album in a month’s time… it’s going to be hard work.

He was just about to doze off when he hears his phone ringing. Normally, his manager would not call him at this hour and he knows that the other members would not call him when they knew that he is busy. ‘It’s probably some emergency,’ he thought.

He grabs his phone from the bedside table and stares at the caller ID. Funny, it’s from IU-shi… he doesn’t recall her ever calling him before. For a split second, he could also not recall contacting her over the phone until he remembered their surprise Infinite Challenge collaboration – he probably only called her once and that was to tell her about their one of the few practices for the performance. “Hello,” he finally said.

“Hello, GD sunbaenim. Is this a right time to call?” her tone being rather formal but with a hint of shyness.

“Yeah, it’s alright to call now. What’s up?” By this time, Jinri has just gotten out of the bathroom and rejoins him in bed.

“Ummm the reason why I’m calling you is... I need an advice. I’m currently working on my new album and I remember you saying that I could reach out to you whenever I need help musically. So I was wondering if now is an okay time for me to ask you if you could help me out in one of my songs. I would very much appreciate it.”

Just when he is going to be busy. He thought for a bit before making his decision. Can he afford to pile up this work to his already-full plate? He was contemplating on whether to say yes or no. He could use a small break in between his activities. That was what he reasoned initially, leaning more towards a no. Just when he was about to say ‘I’m sorry, IU shi… I don’t think I can’, a small gut in his feeling tells him to do otherwise. And now, he is stuck. To do it or not?

Deep down, he knows he should just accept it. As much as likes a bit of break, he could imagine being bored out of his mind during those random days. Also, this is IU he is talking about: a renowned artist. He could not just turn down the digital queen of Korea, he would regret it.

Besides, she said that she only needs help in one song. It shouldn’t take up much of his time. “Sure, let’s do it,” he finally decides.

“Really?” he could hear the excitement in her voice.

“Really.” He nods and a small smile emerges from his face.

“Okay then, I will let you know when we should meet up later. Thank you and have a good night.” And there, she hung up.

He is still smiling when Jinri asks, “who was that?”

“It’s just IU-shi. It seems like she wants to work with me for one of her songs.”

“Oh that’s great. Jieun unnie is a nice person. You could gel well with her easily.”

“Yeah, but then I’m going to be more busy now. Let’s hope it wouldn’t take up too much time.”

Later on, he would discover that what he wanted initially would come true – it wouldn’t take up much of his time but soon he would wished that the time spend working with her is more than what he originally wanted.