Shameless Cat

A Flame in the Distance
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Author's Note:

Based on the chapter title, I figure some of you who like to read manga might already know that this fic is inspired from the manga titled "Saezuru Tori wa Habatakanai" and the main character is called lustful cat. But I change it to shameless cat. 

 

 

Junhoe walks hurriedly to the entrance door before Donghyuk calls for him, "Hey, Junhoe! Wait, let's go together, with the car."

Junhoe halts his steps and smiles at Donghyuk and Yunhyeong who appears from their shared room. 

"Let's go!" Donghyuk says cheerfully while holding Junhoe's hand to the car which Yunhyeong will drive.

Junhoe sits at the backseat while Donghyuk at the front seat and Yunhyeong at the driver seat. He looks at the two who look just like newlywed, they are cute, he thought.

As Yunhyeong is driving, Junhoe blinks his eyes when he saw Jiwon walking by the sidewalk alone, in blue denim jacket with hoodie and tight jeans, purple headphones over his ears.

"Isn't that Jiwon?" Junhoe blurts out and Yunhyeong glances at him before answering, "Yeah. Since the bar is not that far from our place, he prefers walking alone rather than riding the car with us."

Junhoe eyes the lone man who seems to not aware of his surrounding, getting immersed in his own world of music instead. He sighs, once again thinking of how beautiful that guy is. 

Once they arrive at the nightclub, Donghyuk waves goodbye to Yunhyeong who is driving away to the hospital for his work. Donghyuk then brings Junhoe into the club and meets with the tall manager named Seungyoon.

He is also friendly, so Junhoe feels more relieved than ever.

 

Junhoe wipes the glass at the bar while singing to himself in order to distract himself from watching the variety of people getting drunk and high and whatsoever. Even so, he loves listening to the music played in the club.

And there's one time he looks up to see the crowds for once, and... His eyes somehow find that person.

Jiwon.

Jiwon is happily laughing with Donghyuk and another unfamiliar guy who is pretty and seems tall. Jiwon, in the other hand, looks so comfortable, as ever, while chatting with the two while drinking the orange juice, instead of alcohols.

Junhoe smiles inwardly, before he is snapped out of it from a tall, handsome man, in a grey suit, who calls for him with a smile.

"Are you listening, young man?" 

Junhoe quickly drifts his eyes to focus on the person he assumes as customer, "Yes, what can I help you, Mister?"

The man beams, looking friendly as well, and only then, Junhoe realizes that this man wears the same outfit as Seungyoon.

"I'm Seunghoon, this club's promoter," and he chuckles when Junhoe's face turns a bit pale under the dimlight, "I heard you are the new bartender, so I just wanna greet you."

"Ahhh," Junhoe forms a small smile before bowing politely to him, "I'm Junhoe. Goo Junhoe. Nice to meet you, Seunghoon-shi," and he offers for a handshake in which Seunghoon gladly accepts, "Just be casual with me. Call me hyung or whatever, I'm fine with everything," and he takes the seat in front of Junhoe.

"What would you like to drink?" Junhoe asks after finished wiping the glasses.

"That whiskey looks y tonight," he jokes and Junhoe smiles, "Give me that."

"Okay," he quickly grabs the whiskey and pours into a glass, just like a good bartender, like how he learnt from his co-worker in the police office, in order to pretend as a bartender, for this particular task. 

"You are very good, for a beginner. I mean it, seriously," Seunghoon compliments him and Junhoe blurts out, feeling good instantly hearing that compliment, "I practiced this a lot before coming—" luckily he stops before leaking his real identity.

Junhoe hands the glass of whiskey to Seunghoon who smiles and dunks it down right away. Junhoe turns to look at Jiwon back and can't help staring when Jiwon has his arm over Donghyuk's shoulder while talking with them about some funny stuff, laughing till his eyes disappear and showing his bunny teeth, crooked smile, but that smile is contagious, so Junhoe is enchanted again.

Seunghoon turns to the direction of Junhoe's eyes and realizes that he is watching Jiwon, intently. He looks back at the glass and decides to snap Junhoe out of it before it gets too late.

"Junhoe," he lightly calls for the bartender and Junhoe immediately looks back at Seunghoon, "Yes?"

"I heard it, you are the new renter at Jinani's mansion. And also, Bobby's new roommate..."

Junhoe feels a sudden warning tone coming from the last sentence and he begins fearing a little of what is going to happen in the future.

"Yes, I am," he replies with his eyes looking at Seunghoon warily.

"There," Seunghoon points out at Jiwon and the others, "You must already know Donghyuk right? The one with them is Taehyun, our pretty host."

"Oh, he is a host?" Junhoe asks, more to himself before looking back at Seunghoon when the other leans closer to him.

"Apart of everything, I just wanna say, you better not get too close with our Bobby," Seunghoon says, in a matter of fact, "It's dangerous."

Junhoe furrows his eyebrows, not really understanding the words dangerous; what is so dangerous with Bobby?

"I don't know about the future, but I'm worried about you. You are still new here, so I don't want you to get into trouble. I really really mean it."

Seeing the sincerity and how serious Seunghoon sounds, Junhoe nods as he gives a last look at Jiwon who headlocks Donghyuk playfully with stupid grin on his face, looking like the happiest guy ever in the whole world, but who knows what's hidden behind that bright smile.?

That thought gets Junhoe remembering the night when he first saw Bobby at the empty street, crying quietly in the corner.

Is he that dangerous? 

"He is like a flame, the blue flame, the hottest one," Seunghoon utters while staring at Bobby who is now drinking his orange juice with warm eyes as he watches over Donghyuk and the other one talking, "It's blinding. And you just can't be too close with him. Or you will be in pain."

Junhoe reluctantly smiles, "And I can only watch him from a distance, like this."

"Ah, he also smiles even when he's mad, so be careful, kid," Seunghoon says with a slight smile.

Before that smile falters when he notices someone familiar in a black suit with nicely-styled black hair walking into the club with a few bodyguards around him and everyone is bowing to him politely.

Junhoe somehow is triggered by the royal entrance from that person, so he blurts out, "Who's that?"

Seunghoon can't help snickering hearing the question, "The heck," he turns toward Junhoe in amusement, "You don't know who is he?"

"Is he...someone I have to know?" Junhoe doesn't want to sound rude, but he just really doesn't know.

"Junhoe, please don't kid around. You really don't know?" Seunghoon is still in disbelief, in awe.

Junhoe shakes his head before Seunghoon answering Junhoe's curiousity, "He is Song Minho, the owner of this club."

When Mino is nearing the bar, Junhoe finally recognizes him, .. Now I remember... He was the guy with Bobby that night when I first saw him... 

Seunghoon asks in a half-whisper, "You want to work here but you don't know our boss?" He slaps Junhoe's shoulder softly, "That's funny."

Junhoe scratches his head, feeling embarassed a bit, before sudden realization hits him when he looks at Mino who stops in front of Jiwon and the others.

Damn. Now I realize. This undercover job motive and target is Song Mino.

 

 

Bobby slowly stands when M

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter