Prologue

A Flame in the Distance
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Junhoe inhales deeply and looks at his green Rolex watch which shows 12.30 in the afternoon. He looks at the house (or to be exact, a mansion) in front of him and stares in awe at how beautiful and big it is.

He takes out a piece of crumpled paper from his jeans and decided to look again at the address written on that paper to assure himself that this is the correct house he will rent for several years here, in Seoul.

After carefully reading the address and he is perfectly sure that he is right, he put the paper back into his jeans pocket. He looks again at the luxurious mansion and smiles to himself, This is gonna be a long ride, but I know it's worth it. After all, I'll be able to meet him. See him. Everyday. Here.

With another nervous inhale, he rings the bell and waits for anyone to greet or welcome him out there. After a few seconds, the gate opened and a cute, short lad appears with a soft smile toward him.

"Goo Junhoe?" 

The said man nods with a light smile before the other turns to take a glance on Junhoe's luggage and says, "Come on in," he even kindly offers to help Junhoe moving the stuff.

"I'm Jinhwan, but people here usually call me Jinan," he offers a handshake as well before the two starts moving Junhoe's belongings into the mansion.

"You can call me June," Junhoe says and Jinhwan chuckles, "That's a cute name."

While walking around, Junhoe can't help once again from being in awe at how unique and beautiful the mansion is. He wonders how lucky he is to be able to rent such pretty place like this, with a quite reasonable price. He is truly lucky.

And the fact that he is able to see that person is even better than ever.

Jinhwan brings him to a room on the second floor.

"You should take the bottom bed because the bed at the top is your roommate's," Jinhwan says and puts down the luggages on the bed.

"Roommate?" Junhoe asks as he doesn't see anyone in the room except the both of them.

Jinhwan flashes a small smile, "It's Bobby, but he is now sleeping in another room because he was drunk last night and he just crashed into the other room," Jinhwan chuckles a bit and Junhoe also chuckles, finding his new roommate pretty interesting.

"Well, to be honest, since you are gonna be his roommate, I would like to tell you that the guy is kinda messy. Just look at this room," Jinhwan points his eyes around the room where clothes are scattered everywhere, "But he is a nice guy, and a friendly one... So I think there is no problem of you getting to know each other."

Junhoe smiles before Jinhwan adds, "Okay, then. Let's have a lookaround together."

Jinhwan shows Junhoe around the mansion and after some chats with Jinhwan, Junhoe figures out that this mansion belonged to Jinhwan's grandfather and the older practically inherited this place to the young guy. Junhoe also gets to know the other members residing in the mansion with him; Hanbin, Bobby, Donghyuk, Yunhyeong and Chanwoo together with Jinhwan as the owner. 

Apparently, Jinhwan, Bobby and Hanbin are friends from college and Yunhyeong is Bobby's childhood friend while Chanwoo is Yunhyeong's one and only brother. Donghyuk, in the other hand, is Bobby's cousin. Since all of them work around the place, they decided to just stay here together in the mansion. 

At the dining room, Junhoe is introduced to Yunhyeong who acts as the mansion's chef because he always cooks for them, no matter how busy he is, as a doctor. Junhoe realizes one thing about the other after watching him; the guy is very kind and funny.

While Yunhyeong is cooking, Junhoe sees that Donghyuk always there to help the chef. The two seems to be so close to each other. Chanwoo is immersed in himself playing games with Hanbin at the living room while waiting for the main dish to be prepared.

But Junhoe still hasn't seen that person.

By now, he can already figure out that that person's name is apparently Bobby and— wait, does that mean....he is my roommate? For 's sake?? 

The thought alone makes Junhoe smile to himself before Jinhwan pokes his nose with an amused laugh. Junhoe finds himself blushing when Jinhwan asks, "What's making you smile so happily like that?"

He shrugs with a shy smile and looks back at Yunhyeong with Donghyuk at the kitchen before throwing a question to the other, "How old are all of you?"

"I'm 29, apparently the oldest here," Jinhwan answers while munching some snacks on the dining table, "Bobby and Yunhyeong are one year younger than me while Hanbin is one

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter