Secrets

A Flame in the Distance
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

At YG Headquarters.

 

Just like he promised to Mino to find the culprit behind the shooting incident involving Jiwon, Jihoon installed a camera and sound recorder into the room Jiwon is staying in the hospital. He really hopes he will be able to find anything that might help him to find the culprit, be it from the conversation in the room or perhaps, if ever another culprit come for other attack, he hopes to find it.

However, he never expected to see the bartender that he knows as Junhoe who Mino trusted to take care of Jiwon, really does his job 'taking care' of him.

Jihoon snorts as he watches the scene in the video when Junhoe practically giving Jiwon until someone saw them, but the intruder quickly left afterward.

"Is this what they called cheating?" 

But still, he finds their conversation following after is so damn cute and funny, before it leads to the things Junhoe offered to do for Jiwon.

 

"I'll do it."

"Do what?"

"From now on, if possible, don't do anything by yourself."

A scoff.

"I'm fine, it's not like I'm disabled–"

"Not even washing your body. It's essential that I do all of it. And if you need to release, just tell me. Anything. I will do everything for you. Don't do everything by yourself."

"You are overdoing this, Junhoe–"

"No, I'm being serious."

"Whatever, then."

"Note my words, hyung."

"That's enough, let go of that sheet and just sit already."

Jihoon covers his mouth in awe, as if he had just watched a Korean romcom drama and almost squeales before Jiwon continues to say this.

"I have been wondering this ever since I was shot before. I saw you... With the handcuff and taser gun... Are you... Perhaps... a cop?"

Jihoon covers his mouth again, but this time, with utter curiousity.

He sees how Junhoe is taken aback, so his eyebrows begin to furrow as he is becoming confused now.

That is when Jiwon's phone suddenly rings, breaking the silence between the two. And Junhoe proceeds to say, feeling so ing thankful to the person who made the call at that crucial moment.

"It seems important. You should answer it."

Jiwon turns to open the drawer where the nurse keeps his phone and takes it.

"Oh, it's Seunghoon hyung."

Jihoon tries to zoom into the video in order to watch more clearly Junhoe's expression while Jiwon is talking on the phone with Seunghoon. 

"What? Misdialled? Are you kidding me, hyung?"

Jihoon chuckles at how Jiwon looking so furious since Seunghoon telling him how he misdialled Jiwon instead of Mino. Why misdialled now, at this particular time when he was asking about that thing to Junhoe? Jiwon is so frustrated.

Meanwhile, it is obvious Junhoe is definitely grateful for it to turn out this way. He looks so relieved and probably already thinking to buy some food for Seunghoon.

"Aih, whatever. I'm hanging up."

Right after that, Jihoon is damn surprised to find Seunghoon behind him, with him keeping his phone inside his pocket back, after ending the call with Jiwon.

"Oh, Hoonie hyung," Jihoon cannot help greeting him and bowing politely when Seunghoon approaches him, "I...was just watching you had a call with them..."

Seunghoon smiles a bit before going to the PC to take a small look at the live recording and snorts lightly, "I see the video is very clear. And the sound too. You can hear everything they said."

"Of course. I bought these so that I can hear and watch clearly without any problem–" but he rolls his eyes dumbfoundedly when he saw Seunghoon closes the video and starts clicking something on the keyboard before some words are shown on the screen.

Are you sure you want to permanently delete this file? 

"Wait! What are you doing, hyung?" Jihoon asks desperately, not understanding the older's action.

"It's not just sound but also video that we will get from bugging that room. And you even installed it at that strategic position to capture everything. Including what these two did before. Remember? What did these two do before?"

Jihoon presses his lips together, feeling defeated already as he slowly understands Seunghoon's masked intention.

"I don't think you want Mino to find this, right? Or that punk will go crazy than ever, we don't know..."

"You are right about that, hyung. I'm sorry for not thinking further," Jihoon looks down, feeling bad.

Seunghoon slightly smiles at him before taking a soft inhale to press the enter key on the keyboard.

And the recording file for that day is deleted. Successfully.

With a light pat on the shoulder, Seunghoon excuses himself to leave Jihoon in that room.

As soon as he is out of the room, Seunghoon leans his back against the wall with a very anxious feeling. He puts his palm against his chest and sighs heavily.

". That was such a close call," he closes his eyes to calm himself down for now.

"Liutenant Koo... Be more careful, please..."

 

 

Jiwon sighs heavily after hanging up the call with Seunghoon and gives a glare at Junhoe who pretends like nothing is happening.

And when Jiwon tries to ask again, the nurse is the next person interrupting them. She gives them the new sheet as Jiwon requested before, and leaves afterward. With a heavy sigh, Jiwon looks back at Junhoe who seems to be thinking of the proper answer in order to not make Jiwon misunderstand or hate him or anything.

"You haven't answered my question yet, Junhoe," Jiwon asks again and decides to tell him, "I remember seeing you in cop's uniform. You saved me when I was out drunk on the street. And I even puked on you–"

"You are that bastard?" Junhoe can't help blurting out as he is too shocked beyond everything.

The drunken man that puked on him actually holds such a terrible memory for him. He even had a grudge on that person, though he doesn't even remember the person's name nor face.

Turned out, it was Jiwon!

The said man chuckles proudly, "Gotcha!"

Junhoe covers his mouth realizing how he almost ed up everything, so he tries to brainstorm on what to tell Jiwon so he will not ruin this particular mission.

After thinking a lot, the younger hesitantly takes Jiwon's hand with a soft sorry that he mouths before answering, "I quit the force, hyung. So, I'm no longer one."

"W-why... did you quit the force?"

"There's some incident. I beat up someone, so I was kicked out in someway. It's a punishment for taking action on my own accord."

"So, you do have some stories."

In the end, Jiwon nods slowly and Junhoe sighs out of relief. He doesn't entirely lie to Jiwon, after all. He just doesn't admit to being undercover, but it's true that he was kicked out, though.

Taking out his own phone this time, Junhoe types something and then, a beep is heard from Jiwon's phone, notifying a new Kakao Talk message. He furrows his eyebrows as it is a text from Junhoe, who is just in front of him.

[I will tell you the whole story when the time comes.]

With a small smile, Jiwon replies him.

[I will be waiting then.]

Junhoe smiles lightly as he keeps his phone back into the pocket.

"Alright, hyung. I will be there," he points at the black couch at the corner of the room, "Call me if you need anything."

"Fine. Yeah, now you too go sleep. Don't think too much about what happened in the past, okay," Jiwon turns his body around to the other side, presenting his backview to the younger who is now trying to lie down on the couch, trying to get some sleep.

 

 

The next day.

 

Junhoe comes back home for awhile and sees Yunhyeong is cooking some porridge when he passes by the kitchen.

With a bitter smile, Junhoe approaches the older who is putting his full concentration on the porridge.

"Is it for Jiwon hyung?" He asks from behind and of course, Yunhyeong is startled as , he almost hit the intruder with the ladle he is holding.

As he realizes it's Junhoe, he palms himself. "God, it's a relief I didn't hit you. I really didn't realize you are home."

"Sorry," Junhoe apologizes with a small laugh and looks at the porridge, "It smells so delicious..."

Yunhyeong beams excitedly, "I hope it will taste as delicious."

"Of course it will," Junhoe pats his shoulder and says, "He must be waiting for this since the beginning."

Yunhyeong chuckles, "That punk. He must really hate hospital food. That's why, I have to bring this to him. Otherwise, he will not eat at all," Yunhyeong turns to him to ask, "Are you going to hospital back or not anymore?"

Junhoe only then remembers the real reason he is dropping by the house.

"Oh, yeah. I'm here to bring some stuff for Jiwon hyung. I will go back to the hospital later."

"I see. Let's go together, then, when you're ready to go. I'm almost done here."

"Alright," Junhoe then advances to his shared room with Jiwon and stops at Hanbin's room to check if the older is home or not.

He looks around the room but Hanbin is nowhere to be seen, so he just guesses that the other is probably still in the studio, like Jiwon thought.

However, he is surprised to see Hanbin behind him when he turns around to go back to his own room.

Hanbin snorts as he wipes his wet hair from the cold shower, "Looking for me?"

Junhoe bits his lower lip and struggles to find words to say and Hanbin chuckles, "Is it about yesterday?"

Junhoe looks down, somehow is embarassed to even face Hanbin now.

"It's fine. I'm not sure what exactly happened, but don't worry, I won't tell anyone," Hanbin sends a soft pat on Junhoe's shoulder before getting into his room.

Junhoe looks at Hanbin who is hanging the towel on the rack and says, "I'm sorry, by the way."

"Yeah, it's fine. It's not a big deal, Junhoe. Don't worry about me, okay?" And he jokingly shooing Junhoe away from his room.

Junhoe closes the door to the room and takes the stairs to his room. He hears his phone suddenly rings so he quickly picks up the call seeing the caller's name.

"Yes, Jiwon hyung?"

"Have you found it?"

Junhoe opens the door to his room, "I have only entered the room. I'm on my way to find it."

"You don't have to search for it. I'm pretty sure it's on my bed."

"Your Pooh?" Junhoe reaches out for it on Jiwon's bed at the top and s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter