First Night Together

A Flame in the Distance
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

They walk together anyway, but there is unbeliavable deafening silence between them, especially when there is no car at all at that time. No words are spoken at all. They only walk beside each other; both only looking ahead instead of initiating a conversation.

Sensing the utmost awkwardness rising in the air, Jiwon begins to brainstorm to find a legit topic to talk, before Junhoe starts instead, "Will you actually sleep at home tonight?"

Jiwon automatically halts his step and looks at Junhoe, "Sleep at home?"

Junhoe also stops walking and nods as he turns to look at Jiwon too, "I mean, you have never sleep at home during night as far as I have been living there."

Jiwon smiles lightly, "Sure, bud. I will try to start sleeping at home every night."

He continues walking and Junhoe follows after with a beam as he can finally share a night with Jiwon.

"What is your hobby?" Jiwon begins this time, though he knows it's a lame topic to talk.

"Just... Singing, I guess?" He shyly chuckles, "But my friends said I'm noisy, so now, I'm really trying my best to lay low."

Jiwon forms a smile, "Lay low? Aha, is that why you seem quiet with us?" He smacks Junhoe's shoulder lightly, "Come on, man! Just be yourself with us. We are okay with you being noisy or whatever you are."

Junhoe giggles, "No, you don't even want to imagine it, I swear."

"Then, show me what you've got," Jiwon challenges him.

Junhoe sighs, "If you insist."

And he starts singing loudly whatever song comes into his head and unexpectedly, Jiwon also joins him in singing with such enthusiasm. Later, the both of them even dance together, though it's more like snobbish dance.

But, who cares? 

The both of them are enjoying themselves together like this. Both are laughing at each other for looking so stupid being like that. Until Junhoe realizes they are not alone.

He spots two men in black suits not far, observing them closely.

He quickly stops, various thoughts come across his mind about the identity of the two mysterious men. Jiwon also stops after realizing that he is being excited all alone and turns to where Junhoe's eyes directed to.

He smiles and pats Junhoe's shoulder, "It's fine. They are Mino hyung's guys."

Junhoe's eyes round in shock, "Boss'?"

"Yeah, Mino hyung hires them to watch over me. It's fine, they will not do anything to you," he explains to Junhoe calmly though the other is sweating to think of his future.

"Boss is fine when you are with me?" He asks, feeling worrisome, as he doesn't want to get in trouble that quick.

He needs to be there longer to be able to gather information and evidence as much as possible.

"Of course. You don't have to worry. We are just walking together. That's nothing," he says though he wishes they are doing 'more'.

"I guess, yeah, you are right," he sighs in relief before the two of them starts walking home again, "Does that mean, they are always there to watch over you?"

Jiwon nods with a small laugh.

"Doesn't it suffocate you? To be wqtched like that?" Junhoe asks with a look of concern.

Jiwon just shrugs, "At least, I feel safe. It's not like they watch me at home too. So it's fine," he turns to Junhoe and smiles, "Speaking of which, how does it feel to watch me like that before?"

Junhoe swallows his saliva hard, "Huh.?"

"I'm just kidding," he giggles though he feels like he just embarassed himself again and gets quiet thena to softly murmur, "I'm sorry."

Junhoe has his eyebrows furrow at the turn of emotion. "W..why?"

"You unfortunately have to see lots of indecent things with me. I really bring bad influence to you, don't you think?" He says with a sorry look and Junhoe just snorts, "What the hell are you saying?"

"I'm serious, kiddo," he suddenly grabs Junhoe's head to make the younger face him, stopping their steps to the house.

He caresses Junhoe's hair softly and murmurs again, "I wish I have Dumbledore's power to get rid of those views you saw of me. Go away, those memories!" 

Junhoe feels his heart picking up a fast pace to be that close with him and the heck Jiwon is doing to him. How could he forget when he is that close to him?

Jiwon makes the gesture of getting rid of memories from Junhoe's head and he alone feels fun doing it. 

"Now, those memories are gone, right?" Jiwon's eyes drift to Junhoe's, and just like that, their eyes are locked together.

Both are engrossed into each other mentally.

"Is this the reason you want to walk home with me?" Junhoe asks, his hands firmly holds Jiwon's hands that are gripping his head, "To make sure I ignore what happened before."

"Of course, brat!" He forces out a chuckle as his heart is undeniably racing feeling Junhoe's rigid touch, "This pure eyes shouldn't have seen anything of that sorts. Okay?"

Junhoe frowns at the way Jiwon seems to treat him like a child that he replies, "I watch every night anyway—"

"Yahhhh!" Jiwon screams a bit too loud that Junhoe gets startled and lets go of the older's hands but he grins afterward to see Jiwon's nervous look.

"Yeah, nevermind. I'm honoured to be added into your collection," Jiwon admits his defeat and Junhoe teasingly laughs, "I didn't really mean it that way though."

"I'm not sure if I've said this, but you really do own nice set of eyes," Jiwon utters, deliberately trying to change the topic.

Or maybe not— "I wouldn't want these eyes to watch that inappropriate views." I would prefer you to do it instead of only watching it—

Jiwon gulps nervously at his own inappropriate thoughts.

"Thank you, I guess," Junhoe looks away but he really can't help forming a delighted smile while Jiwon's eyes unknowingly still following his. "But just so you know, you've said it before. But I don't mind hearing it again."

Jiwon chuckles as his heart turns calmer, his eyes finally lose track of Junhoe's because his eyes disappears from laughing, "I really have to ask this."

Junhoe looks at Jiwon again, waiting for his question.

"Do you perhaps, have a compliment kink or whatever it is called?" Jiwon asks and Junhoe snorts again, cannot believe his ears.

"Compliment kink?"

Jiwon nods, "Yeah. I mean, everytime I see you getting joyous when people compliment you. Or so, from what I've seen."

He feels a blush covering his cheeks, "You...have been watching me?"

Jiwon is flustered, but he nods anyway, like what can be wrong about watching his roommate?

Junhoe smirks, feeling a bit on the top of the world that he gets the attention from his — crush, guess so.

And he walks again, leaving dumbfounded Jiwon who wonders about the small smirk .

But he brushes it away and catches up to Junhoe. 

"We are almost home," Junhoe mutters as he can already saw the mansion from their direction.

"Right," Jiwon replies as he looks to the front and sighs a too bad.

The rest of walking home is completely quiet as the two are immersed in their own thoughts. When they are snapped out of it, they are already in front of the gate.

"Junhoe," Jiwon suddenly calls him, so Junhoe turns his head to Jiwon, "Yes?"

Jiwon fondly smiles, "Thanks."

Junhoe confusedly looks, while his hand rummages through his

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter