Know Me Well

A Flame in the Distance
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

People are full of contradictions.

First, they want to top. Then, they want to bottom.

They want to torture. And then, they want to be tortured.

.

.

Junhoe arrives home by evening after meeting his co-worker at the nearby cafe to discuss a bit about his undercover task. He realizes that there were fewer shoes on the rack, hinting that most of the guys are not home yet. But Yunhyeong seems to be home, thankfully, since he sees the older’s black Honda car in the garage.

When he enters the mansion and passes by the kitchen, he sees Yunhyeong cooking something. He smiles, as expected.

He decides to see the older, “What are you cooking, hyung?”

Yunhyeong turns to look at him and chuckles with a bit of surprised look, “Ah, just some soup and omelette rice, for Jiwon.”

“Jiwon?”

“Yeah, that punk begged me to cook for him as he is damn hungry,” Yunhyeong replies with a laugh afterward, “It’s a great thing that you are home. I cook a lot.”

Junhoe smiles thinking about how the pretty guy is so nice and considerate for others. The whole members in this mansion are lucky to have Yunhyeong here.

“He will not be alone too, if you are here. You guys should eat together later,” Yunhyeong adds.

“Why? Are you going somewhere?”

“I gotta go to the hospital back after finishing things here,” he answers while squeezing the ketchup on the omelette rice, making a bunny’s teeth shape.

He smiles to himself before looking up at Junhoe, “Dinner’s done. I will call Jiwon to come down, so you should sit down and wait a bit, okay?”

“Oh,” Junhoe grabs Yunhyeong’s wrist, “It’s fine, I will call him.”

Yunhyeong makes a are-you-serious look to the other before Junhoe says, "I'm his roommate, after all."

"Okay, that makes sense," Yunhyeong smiles and begins preparing the dishes and whatnot, "Go on."

Junhoe quickly goes upstairs, feeling excited somehow, but at the same time, he also feels nervous. When he pushes open the door, he naturally smiles seeing Jiwon wrapped in a thick blanket on the bed, with his clothes, with no surprise, scattered all over the floor.

Junhoe walks closer to the sleeping figure and wakes him up, "Bobby hyung, wake up..."

Turns out, the older is not sleeping at all. He opens his eyes, making Junhoe shocked to find out that he is not sleeping.

"When did you come home?" He asks, a bit bewildered.

"Just now," Junhoe simply answers.

Jiwon gets up, throwing away the blanket, showing only his yellow boxer and stretches himself up before Junhoe says, "Yunhyeong hyung asks me to wake you up. The dinner is ready."

The older's eyes shines brighter hearing it, "Yes! Finally~"

Without wearing at least a shirt or what, he comes out of their shared room just like that, in a rush to the dining room. Junhoe snorts to himself. Once again, getting amused with the older.

At the dining room, Jiwon cheerfully sits on the chair and grabs the bowl of soup that Yunhyeong has provided on the table. Without waiting for Junhoe, he scoops a spoonful of the soup into his mouth.

"Gosh, slowly, the soup is not gonna run away," Yunhyeong says after slapping the other's hand while Jiwon just giggles stupidly.

"But you are gonna leave," Jiwon mutters as he slows down.

Yunhyeong looks at him and pats Jiwon's fluffy hair, caressing them lightly, "I have night shift today, so I should be prepared for any on-call emergency. I also need to study and get prepared for an important surgery tomorrow."

Jiwon cooes at him, feeling proud of his bestfriend, "I hope everything will go well tomorrow. I know you can do amazing."

Yunhyeong chuckles with a sheepish smile, "Hope so," and excuses himself to wash the dishes while Jiwon happily eating the meals.

Junhoe, hiding from behind the wall, forms a soft smile hearing the close friends' warm conversation. He somehow feels warm too.

"Eh, where's Junhoe? Is he not going to come down and eat?" Yunhyeong asks while drying the plates before coming down to his own conclusion, "Wait, Kim Jiwon, did you do anything to him?" He turns to look at Jiwon at the table, and sighs, "Damn, show some respect and modesty. How could you not wear anything in front of him??"

Jiwon looks at himself and only then realizing that he is not wearing anything other than his boxer, "Crap, I was too hungry so I didn't bother taking any clothes."

"Poor guy, he must be shocked to death," Yunhyeong smacks Jiwon's head softly before advancing to find Junhoe while Bobby only keeps laughing, "Well, I'm proud of my body~" and Yunhyeong turns back to him to hit the other's shoulder and headlock him playfully.

Junhoe presses his lips together, feeling somehow glad that Yunhyeong is with Jiwon. He looks so freaking happy and blessed, unlike the night before.

"Oh, here you are!" Yunhyeong drags Junhoe once they bump into each other behind the wall, "Come on, eat together with Jiwon. You must be hungry right?"

Junhoe hesitantly nods and sits on the chair beside Jiwon while Yunhyeong kindly gives him the meals. 

"Mind if I ask something?" Junhoe speaks after eating a spoonful of the omelette rice before Yunhyeong gives him a look for him to go on with the question.

"What are your occupation, I mean, everyone here?" 

"Well, I'm a doctor, Jinanie hyung is a linguistic lecturer, Hanbinnie is a composer, so he often spends his night at the studio, Donghyukie is a librarian at the library here and our baby, Chanwoo is still a student. He goes to the college just beside this mansion, if you notice."

"And Jinanie hyung is his lecturer, can you believe it?" Jiwon says with a short laugh, "He knows that old man is his lecturer, yet he never pay respect for that man. He always gets savage with Jinan hyung, so it's funny to watch them."

"Then, what about you... Bobby hyung?" Junhoe asks, since he is curious as , even from the beginning.

Jiwon slowly looks at Junhoe and flashes a small smile, "Me?"

"Jiwonnie is a-" but Bobby quickly interrupts Yunhyeong who tries to stop Bobby from saying anything he wanted to say.

"Do you remember your Boss?" Jiwon asks without any expression on his face, and Yunhyeong sighs, "Not that job, Jiwon. You have a decent job, not that—"

"I work as his little ."

Yunhyeong lets out a heavy sigh and says in his tiny voice, "I knew you would say that, but please don't ruin our new housemate's purity~"

"You already saw me with your Boss last night. So, yes, whatever you heard from people, they might be right, and they might be wrong too. But yes, I'm his ."

Yunhyeong presses his lips together and mutters to himself, "Darn, how could he say all that so bluntly?"

More than anything, Junhoe also looks as expressionless as Jiwon's. That makes Yunhyeong even more... Stressed out.

"Ah, I see," Junhoe finally opens his mouth after a short silence.

"He is also a model," Yunhyeong says while pointing his finger to Jiwon, "This guy is."

Junhoe's eyes perk up, "Model?"

Yunhyeong nods, "But, yeah, the modelling agency is under Mino hyung..."

And Jiwon is quick to change from his serious mode to a cheerful mode, "I'm a very great model, you know. I can pose well and the director keeps saying I can make various expressions so I'm good. I should have become an actor, though."

Junhoe laughs, at that. And Yunhyeong also takes the chance to laugh too before his eyes notice the time shown on the clock.

"Crap! I need to go to the hospital now!" He immediately grabs his jacket and waves goodbye to the two before going out, leaving them on their own.

The time ticks by, but none of the two speaks. It is a very deafening silence, only the fans sound are heard and their eating sound.

Awkward.

"Can I ask you something personal?" Junhoe finally drops the silence and Jiwon stops munching to nod.

"My boss... And you... Are you guys dating?" He straightforwardly asks, without any layered coating or whatever.

And that's what Jiwon likes the most about this guy. He just doesn't know it.

Jiwon softly shakes his head before looking up to see Junhoe's puzzled face, "There is only one person that I ever fall in love with. But, that person is not him," he forks a piece of leftover omelette on the plate and adds, "And Mino hyung also knows that."

And, tha

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter