A New "Friend"~

I'm Blind... But I Love You.

    “Where are you taking me?” I asked Yonghwa as we walked out of the house. I was tightly clutching onto his arm as we walked down the porch steps. “Somewhere! Were turning left!” He said, and with that I turned left along with him. My steps were small, I was becoming more and more paranoid with my surroundings. I was starting to become afraid of my surroundings. I gulped. “Theirs nothing in front of me right?” I warily asked as I began taking even smaller steps.

     “Anyah, theirs no one in front of behind you, Soo Jin don’t worry, I’ll tell you if their is, I am your protector for the day so don’t freak out, just be calm!” “Calm?” I questioned. I hadn’t been calm in the longest time, ever since the accident I’ve always been the type of person who was ansi and paranoid. “Ne, Calm.” I slowly nodded and sighed. ‘What is calm to me now?’ I thought to myself, but continued on with walking.  “Were almost there!” I heard Yonghwa say as I felt him pushing my hip, making me turn to the left again. “Arraso.” I simply replied back to him.

     Walking with him was sort of quiet, he would occasionally ask me questions about my life but that was it. “Yonghwa.” I said seeming like it was only to the air. “Ne?” “Are you shy?” I just had to ask, he was so quiet I expected him to be shy.
  

      “Actually, Ne I am... just sometimes.” “What do you mean by sometimes?” I asked again, it’s not like it was a personal thing or anything, I was just asking simple things about his personality. “Were here!!” He said changing the subject, and walking a little bit faster than what we had been. I blinked but then nodded, I heard little kids laughter, and screams. I was starting to wonder where we were now that we had gotten here. “Okay, Soo Jin! take my hands!” Yonghwa said to me, I hesitated but did as told.

      I could feel him leading the way. “Okay stop.” I stopped. I felt him let go of my hands and I freaked a bit. “I’m not going anywhere Soo Jin, I’m still going to be here, now. Let your hands out again! Pali Pali!” I jumped but let my hands out. “What am I-” Before I could finish my sentence I felt water sprout on my hands. In surprise I took them away and felt sprinkles of water coming from above. “Where are we Yonghwa?!” I asked again looking around me, but I then remembered, I couldn’t see my surroundings. My shoulders deflated in disappointment.

      “Were at a really cool water fountain, well I guess you can call it that, It’s a really popular place to go when people want to mess around, have fun, and get wet.” I smiled. I really wanted to see how it looked like. I took a step forward and then. SPLASH. Water drenched me from head to toe. My mouth dropped.
    

     “AWAH! SO COLD!” I said jumping away and running into Yonghwa. “Yah, Soo Jin! You’ll get me wet to!!!!” I laughed and lightly pushed him away. “Then get wet! I can’t be the only one you know!” I didn’t move from my spot near where the water was spouting out. Whenever it came up I would put my hand up above it and make the water swarm into different directions. “AH!” I heard someone yell. I turned my head from left to right, trying to indicate where the yell had come from. “Soo Jin! I’m drenched now!!!” I heard him laugh. I smiled. “So I finally got you?!” I sarcastically replied, but then I felt guilty.

     “Mianhae!!” “Waeyo?” He asked me. I dropped my head and felt the cold water come onto my hands again. “I just felt like I was being to mean with you, being mean and sarcastic like that isn’t my thing. So.. Mianhae!” I made a small bow to him... Wherever he was. “You know, you weren’t being mean, you were only being playful with me. Being mean and playful are two completely different things. So you don’t have to apologize! Today, just have some fun! It seems like you haven’t experienced it in a while.

      After another hour in the water my teeth began to chatter violently. I moved my hands away from the water and tried to find warmth by rubbing my hands on my arms. "Are you cold?" I heard Yonghwa ask. I nodded my head. "Ne.. I am." "Then, lets go get warm." He took my arm and looped it around his, leading me to a spot away from the water.

     He sat me down and I felt something drape over my arms. It was a jacket. I could just tell by the material. "I thought you were going to need it eventually today. But... are you having fun?" I smiled wide and nodded. "Yes! I'm having loads of fun! It's the most fun I've had in years!!!" I heard Yonghwa's laugh from the side of me which instantly had me giggling. I really needed a friend like this. I haven't had a friend to hang out with in the longest time, and having Yonghwa around just made me feel all the more happy.

 ~ Y o n g h w a ' s  P o i n t  O f  V i e w ~

     I sat there and watched Soo Jin rub at the arm sleeve of my jacket. I wanted to know what it was like to not be able to see all the things around you. To only be able to hear, to smell, to touch. I wanted to know what it was like to not have the ability to see anything. I thought it was frightening. I didn't know how she was able to cope so well with this type of situation on her hands. But she can still smile... and be happy. "What should we do now?" She asked me, as her face faced the same direction, not moving once. But her smile still show. "What do you think we should do? Anything you wanna do we can!" She tapped her chin and began to go in deep thought. She was so cute when she made a serious face.

    "How about we.... I don't know." She started to form a frown on her face. I cringed. I wasn't used to seeing her make such a low face. I took my fingers and place them both of the corners of her lips and made them upward. "Keep smiling. I don't like it when you aren't smiling." She turned a light shade of pink and then nodded. "Araso." She replied to me and turned her head away awkwardly. I slowly moved my hands away and placed them back on either side of me. "Do you want to get something to eat? You must be hungry?" She slowly nodded her head and I helped her back up. "Does a pizza sound good?" She smiled. "Ne! It does!" Instead of taking her arm, I took her hand.

     "Let's go!" I led her to the nearest Pizza place that I could think of. We walked into the simple restaurant and we got our table, I walked her over and sat her down, I walked over and sat on the other side. She was sitting there tapping the table with her fingers, puffing out her cheeks looking straight ahead. I smiled, although she couldn't see what she was doing, she had some good Aegyo. Ii chuckled and looked that the menu and started reading it out to her. "Theirs pepperoni, sausage, pineapple.. and others. What do you want to eat?"

     She smiled and instantly answered my question. "Pepperoni!" I laughed and nodded. "Then pepperoni it is!" I ordered our food and then their we were, sipping on waters waiting for our food to come out. I wasn't exactly sure of what I should talk about at all. "H-How is your day going?" I asked... For a second time. I panicked... I wasn't afraid to say that. "Like I said before, I'm having a lot of fun!" She smiled at me. "I really haven't been able to hang out with one of my friends... I'm really glad I have you as one Yonghwa!" I stared at her, but then in an instant my shoulders defeated. "I-I'm glad were friends to!" I tried to say. 'I hope you'll think of me as something more than that soon...'

~ S o o  J i n ' s  P o i n t  O f  V i e w ~

     After eating Yonghwa and I walked out of the Pizza Place, I was to full to even think of trying to eat something else. "What time is it Yonghwa?" I asked him. After a short pause he answered my question. "It's 5:00" I sighed in utter disappointment. "I think I should go home now..." "I thought so." I smiled a bit and we started walking. I let Yonghwa lead the way. "Yonghwa.. I know I've been telling you this the whole day... But I really had a lot of fun!! It's the most fun I've had in years... I needed it... Thanks to you, I finally got to be a normal girl for once." I started confessing how I was feeling to him. I wasn't used to opening up my feelings to someone, but with him it was just to easy.

     "I'm really glad you had fun. You are a normal girl Soo Jin. I mean, yeah, you're blind, but you're still normal. Don't think of yourself as not normal." I blushed. That was the nicest thing anyone has ever said to me. "I know I'm normal, but It hurts a lot when little kids say 'look at the blind girl. she can't see' and I especially don't like it when adults whisper to each other 'She's blind, look at her cane'. I get criticized a lot because of this...." I leaned my head on Yonghwa's shoulder without even knowing it. "Soo Jin, all you can do.. Is just keep smiling, show them that you can still be happy no matter what your circumstances are. Your smile is everything." "Ghansamnida Yonghwa!"

     Yonghwa really was a nice person, he saw me for me and didn't take advantage of the fact that I was visually impaired. "You know, I don't like it when you call me Yonghwa." I lifted my head up in utter confusion. "Eh?! Mianhae! Then what should I call you??" "Oppa." I cracked a small smile. "Yonghwa.. Oppa?" The word 'Oppa' was still new to me... I really didn't call guys that because I had never been close to any. "Ne, Call me that! It's better! Were at your house now." Yonghwa said. He walked me up the steps and I put my hand on the door knob. "Thank you again for today.. I had a lot of fun." I smiled again. "We should do it again!" Yonghwa said to me. "Araso! Goodnight Yonghwa Oppa! Go Home safe!" I waved to what seemed to be air and fumbled with putting my key into the lock. "Here let me." I heard Yonghwa say as he took the key from my hands and put it into the house door knob. "There! Be Safe Soo Jin!" I heard him say once again. I nodded, and waved once again.

     "Goodnight Yonghwa Oppa!" I closed the door and locked it. I ran my fingers along the walls and lead myself to the living room. I sat down and smiled, hugging on a pillow. 'Today was so much fun...'

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Annyeong!

Mianhae for all these late adds.. Really, I've been like SUPER BUSY.

But, I have good news, I'll be on a plane for TWO HOURS....

So, with that time, I'll write chapters for you all and when I'm off the plain

I'll upload them to on here! Are you excited? I hope so.. This event will happen on Thursday.

I will start unloading all the chapters on the Friday of~ So be ready you guys!!!!

Weee, I have so many views, I'm really thankful for all your support.. I really am!!!^^

Comment

and

Subscribe

-Taemin_SHINee