Encouragement From Hongki~

I'm Blind... But I Love You.

     "Soo Jin! Come on! Let's go to the market together!" My Eomma yelled from behind me. I sighed but agreed to go with her anyways. I grabbed my white cane and walked out with her. Although I was visually Impaired i always was thanking god that i wasn't totally blind like most people. I could tell what was light and dark... Plus, I was able to see a persons face if they were to get really close. Although, I still needed the assistance of my annoying cane and my Eomma. I don't seem like I'm living happy, but I'm just glad I'm alive. I'll get through this, soon enough being like this won't bother me as much as it has. Soon I won't care about it. "Eomma, so what are we getting from the market?" "Oh, were just getting some things that we need for dinners this week." I nodded my head and kept walking cautiously so that I wouldn't bump into anyone. I could hear cars passing by on the streets and people talking around me. "Were here honey!" My Eomma said as she suddenly stopped, I was guessing we were in front of the store. I could hear her grabbing a cart. She took my hand and put it on the cart. "Eomma..." I mumbled for only her to hear. "Ne?" She replied back. "May I please walk around the store by myself? I'm capable of doing that without any problems since I've been here many times..." I didn't hear anything back in reply, I knew she was thinking about it. "Alright. Since you still have your phone... You know how to use it right?" I nodded my head. It was the only thing I could really use without any help. Flipping open my phone when there was a call was easy. "Ne... Just call me when you've finished shopping." I walked off stick in front of me leading my way.

     I don't know why I decided to walk alone by myself, but I just felt like I wanted a little freedom for a while since I haven't been able to have that for the longest while. "Feels good to be alone for once, without my Eomma's assistance." I thought I had said to myself. "You don't like being around your Eomma?" I jumped and looked around me. "Muh?" I said still looking around. I felt someone turn me to where they were facing. "I'm here." The man said to me. "And... You are?" I simply said. I didn't like talking to random people like this person. "You don't remember me? I always say Hi to you when your walking around here!" I tapped my finger to my chin trying to think of him. "OH! NOW I REMEMBER!" I said to him. "So how come your walking alone around the store?" He asked me. I was trying to see him. He was to far for me to see, all I could see was a big dark spot in my eye sight. He looks tall. "Because, I just wanted to walk around... Just wanted to be alone. I don't have much freedom anymore since I'm legally blind..." I waved my stick up for him to see. "What's... It like... being legally blind?" I thought about it for a second, trying to figure out how to answer him. "It's like being asleep. It's just dark... But, when I'm outside like this I can tell what's light and what's dark. I can still see people, but they'd have to be really close for me to see. Right now, where your standing, all I can see is a big dark blob, which only gives me the hint that your tall... But i still have to use this to find my way around, so I don't bump into anyone." I sighed hoping that my explanation was clear enough.

     "That sounds rough..." He said to me. "Hey, can I ask you a question?" "Sure! What is it?" I hesitated a bit, because I thought it would be awkward for him. "Can you come close to me? I want to see your face." "Oh sure!" The next thing I knew he was right in front of my face. I looked at him. It was still really hard to see but I was able to see. It looked like he had blonde hair considering that it matched up with the light... His face... It looked really... really cute. I could just tell, although I wasn't able to fully see it, I was able to see most of his face features. "Do you have blonde hair?" I said to him. He was still close to my face so I raised my hand to touch his hair. He laughed a bit. "Yeah, I do... Is that weird?" "No... I was just making sure i was right, but it looks good on you!" I said stepping back from him. "You saw my face?!" He asked out of excitement. I nodded my head. "Yeah. I did! I couldn't see it that well but I can tell the blonde works for you." I smiled a bit and started walking, little did I know he followed me. "So what's your name? I've never asked." He asked me. He was standing next to me, I could tell. "My name is Soo Jin!" "Annyeong Soo Jin! I'm Hong Ki!" He grabbed  my hand and shook it. I giggled and shook it. "So how long are you here until?" "I'm waiting for a call from my Eomma to tell me that she's finished... So i have no idea." I moved my cane around, I was so annoyed about it right now. The first guy I've talked to in two years and he's watching me bump this annoying cane everywhere. "You bugged by that?" He asked me. i nodded my head. "This is one of the things I don't like at all. It's so... annoying." I finally said beginning to kick the white cane.

     "I could tell. You had an annoyed face." He started to laugh but then took it away from me, I stopped. "What are you doing?" I asked him. "I'm taking it away, I know something better!" He took my arm and looped it around his. "There! Now you don't have to worry! I'll lead the way around this store!" I smiled... He was so nice, I've never had anyone be this nice to me. "Why are you so nice to me Hong Ki?" I asked him. "Because your nice! And also, because I would like to be your friend!" I smiled bigger. "Can I be your friend?" He asked me again. I lifted my head up and nodded. "Yeah, you can! It's good to actually have a friend!" I smiled at him. I haven't had anyone to talk to in a while other than my Eomma, Appa, and family. "Soo Jin, do you go to school?" "Not lately... i haven't gone since... yeah." I awkwardly stated to him. "Well... What school did you go to?" "KHS." I said to him again. "No way! I used to go to that school! What grade are you in?" He asked me again. "I would be a senior this year... What about you? What school do you go to now?" "Oh, I go to college! It's my first year." He said nudging me to go to the side, I did as told. "How's college?" I asked him again, I was practically home schooled now... I might not even be able to go to college anymore now that I can't see. "It's fun... but it's also hard, because you have a lot of work to do. Are you going to go to college next year?" I shrugged my shoulders. "I don't really know anymore."

     "I think you can go, I mean, just because your visually impaired doesn't mean that you can't go to college, you can do whatever you want, it's not stopping you!" he said to me giving me a lot of encouragement. "I don't know still, I mean, imagine how hard classes will be for me.." I said thinking of all the possibilities of me failing at everything. "You know you can record the professors lecture! And you probably already know the letters on a keyboard, and they have those new computers where you say something and it types it!" I smiled... I hadn't really thought about it. "Wow.. I hadn't thought about those things before! I guess I really can go to college!" I happily said. I couldn't wait to tell my Eomma now. A moment later my phone rang, I reached into my pocket and opened my phone. "I finished shopping, I'll be waiting for you in the front!" "Araso!" I said and hung up the phone. "That was my Eomma, she's done shopping now." I said with my phone in hand. "Hey can I see your phone for a second?" Hongki asked me. I nodded and handed him my phone. A few moments later he gave it back. "There you go! Well, I'll take you to your Eomma!" He said walking me to the front. "Oh! Thank you young man but you really didn't have to do that!" "Oh no, that's okay! She's my friend and I wanted to!" Hongki said to my Eomma. "Bye Soo Jin! I'll talk to you later!" Hongki said and before I knew it he was gone. "That boy is really cute Soo Jin!!! I hope I'll see him more!" "Eomma!" i said putting out my cane again. 'He actually does seem cute... But his personality is cuter....'

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ 

 

Annyeonghaseyo! Chesoamnida //bows/ I was keeping you readers waiting...

Again... Chesoamnida... It's another short chapter... I hope it's alright. Should I have made it longer??

How did you like this chapter? I hope it didn't bore you!

So, I won't be able to let out chapters fast. One, I'm sick and Two, i have finals soon..

Well, I hope you liked it!!

Comment

and

Subscribe

-Taemin_SHINee