About life...

(EXO) Kai: Cerberus
Please log in to read the full chapter

The joy of the unexpected meeting soon became awkwardness.

They're standing looking at each other with a cup of coffe in front of them and trying to overcome the start of their conversation.

"How are you doing?" Kai asked her, although Tao already informed him about her wearbouts.

"I'm good." Soo Young started to turn the cup on her saucer. "I moved out from the house. I go to some courses..."

The coffe shop was Kai's ideea. Actually he learned from Tao, the way he can ask out a girl. And the way she can find his girl. "Grandpa, you'll meet her again. You must take her somewhere. You want to meet her, isn't?" the god of time was hyped by the perspective. Kai  feigned indifference, but why to lie? Kai searched for her, knowing the road she will take home.

 Soo Young accepted the invitation because her dream became suddenly real and she needed a confirmation for the reasons she had to take action. After her awekening, she felt the courage to tell her father she wants to study again, to make a life for her by herself and that she doesn't need his money to be happy. Still her father won't let her pay for her necessities, for the reason she is smart enough to be admited in college with a scholaship. Soo Young concluded he was proud by her resolution and let him be.

"Kai..." she started unsure by what she wants to say.

" Actually, my name is Kim Jongin."

In a second Soo Young's dreams were shatterd in tiny pieces of nonsensical lies, but Kai sensed her dilemma.

"But i'm also Kai. I'm a exiled god. At least, this time i'm stuck on the earth." 

"Mhm!" she approved, although a normal human will laugh at such affirmation. 

"Tao is good too. He's missing you." Kai changed the subject, to get back a snort from her.

"He is always good."

Between the pauses in their's conversation, Soo Young finished her coffe an now she taps with her fingers  in the cup.

"Let's take you home!" the dark god said sensing fatigue in her motions.

They headed to the coffe shop's door, him touching her elbow from time to time to guide her between crammed tables.

When Kai parked in front of her building, Soo Young realized she din't say to him her adress.

"How did you know?...", she asked surprised.

"I have my ways."

"Stalker!" she was already out from the car.

"Give me your number!" Kai shouted behind her.

"You have your ways. Find it!" she motioned with her hand without looking at him an entered in the building.

Kai laughed starting the car to go back at his job. It was a first, to lough,

Please log in to read the full chapter