Reasons to live

(EXO) Kai: Cerberus
Please log in to read the full chapter

Kai feeled lost in time, because a certain forgetful god left him in the hall with a crying Soo Young in front of him. It was the real Soo Young so she can't see his pity. In fact she can't see him at all.

He hated to see tears. They makes him feel ungodly even he din't start them.

He came close to her and started to caress her hair gently, even if she can't fell him. To his surprise, Soo Young raised her head a little more and stared exactly in his eyes, pinning him in the place, like she knew he was there.

She was beautiful, he realized. That time, at the school, he said her those words to make her feel good. But now this is what he's truly feeling. It din't make sense, because not a single girl is beautiful when she's in tears.

"Mom?!" she said unsure, not crying anymore.

Kai was awakned from his daze, by her words. Of course, she din't see him. But the feeling is still there, in his heart.

**********

She was by herself in the white room of the hospital. No god beside her. The horror of her house is forgotten.

This was definitely in the future, because Soo Young din't remember when she was grown up and happy.

This Soo Young in front of her was clad in a white gown and she was speaking with her patient.

She never tough that she had the nerve to go to an colege, less the medical school. The others around her always said that her father has enough money to live without working. The fact she was smart din't count.

It wasn't always like that. Until she was in fifth grade, her parents had normal lives, with normal jobs. Then, her father developed some programs for computers. The solutions were original to attract attention of a big softwere company. From that point, lots and lots of money came, but in the big house they buyed, were only the mother and the daughter. 

And, one day, the mother dissapeared too.

From then she was alone most of the time, fighting the sadness and the anxiety. It was a miracle she din't cave in. 

The new mother din't help. Every day, she repeated to Soo Young that she is good for nothing.

After graduation, she feeled her house like a prison. The father and the step mother alowed her to go only to official events or to places where she can learn how to be the perfect wife. The shoping or other activities were considered " waste of time". 

Strange thing, when she was the only heir of her parents.

Now she was asking herself why she accepted this state of facts as normality. Her person from the future was the proof that she can do the impossible. In fact, the impossible is relative, when you belive what other say about you.

The posibility to be a doctor was a reason to live again? It seems Tao considered it is, if he showed her this moment.

The patient took her hand, the look in his eyes almost teary.

"Thank you for saving my life! No other doctor dared to operate my tumor."

Never someone thanked her frankly. The soul's mouth was  clutched in a thin line, preventing her emotion to show. 

When

Please log in to read the full chapter