Time's issues

(EXO) Kai: Cerberus
Please log in to read the full chapter

A night away of Soo Young it seems it was hard to bear for Kai. He was on the streets taking clients from a place to another. Random strangers caught in their's life. Workers out of work too late. Or strangers who were at a party all night, half drunk, half sober. Tired, sad or happy people, all imersed in a human's reality.

It made him ask himself what he's doing. If it was right to meddle in Soo Young's life. After all, she will fade and go away like any other mortal, leting him mateless. 

But he can't give up on her for now. He still wants, even if is for a while, to be beside her and borrow a little bit of her warmth.

The daybreak foud him in front of her door, pondering if he must enter or not in her home. Unkown to him, a thick veil of smoke started to souround him. He felt dizzy and then he out. In his dream he was watching her sleeping pacefully.

*******

"Kai! Kai!", the dark god feels a hand shaking him, but he is tired and all he wants is to sleep. He turns on the unconfortable couch, slapping with a hand in the air after the being who tries to wake him up.

"GRANDPA!" Tao voice is loud enough to make Kai wish for the younger god to be struck by the thunder. The sudden contact between Kai's but and the floor did the job. Shaken and angry, the immortal stands up, fiding he is in Tao office.

"What are you doing here?"

"I don't know." Kai rubs his face up and down with his hands. "What time is?"

"Almost 11 in the morning." Tao stops. "How did you enter here? The door was locked."

"Seriously!" Kai almost swears. "I don't know! Ok?"

"Did you knock your head or something?"

"You tell me! You, know-it-all! I was at the door of the apartement then i woken up here." Kai is pressing now his hands on his temples to calm the pain in his head.

"Soo Young knows you are sleeping here? I bet she is worried. You must tell her..."

"We took a break for two days."

"You can't be serious." Tao sights and sit on a chair. "Did you know she needs you now the most?"

"Why? She said..."

"She's pregnant. With your child."

Kai stood there wordless, the pain in his head being covered by the sudden drop in his stomach. It seems, his exitence is a long row of unexpected events. 

Then, it hit him to the full: a god can't conceive with a human that easily. The nature decided to limit the existece of demi-gods, but those born were exceptional beings. Half human, half gods, they can be killed easily, but their's abilities are increased to defend their weaknes. They are feared and loved by all because good was written in their's genes. 

It was a honor to have such a child. For the human blessed by divine grace, and for the g

Please log in to read the full chapter