THE KIDS EVERYONE WANTS TO HAVE... OR MAYBE NOT

THE MISERABLE FAMILY LIFE OF EXO

"Appa, are you a time traveller?" Chanyeol's five year old son, Chandeul, asked as they were about to ride the car to Kris' house.

"What makes you think I am?" He carried three year old Chansung and sits him at the back seat, beside his brother.

"Well, Eomma said you have extra chromosomes. She called it the 'reserved chroms'. I heard her last time while she was talking to Mrs Kim on the phone." Chanyeol frowned, tapping on the brake.

"Whose Mrs Kim?" Now he's tapping the stirring wheel, waiting for the light to turn green.

"Kai Appa's Mrs Kim. Well, is it true, Appa? I read somewhere that time travellers can time travel because they have extra chromosomes." Chanyeol doesn't know if he should frown or smile. He hit the accelerator.

"I think I need to clarify a few things. I am not a time traveller. And I don't think it's Kai Appa's Mrs Kim your Eomma is talking with. They now live as hermits since Jongin forgot to pay all the bills." He glanced at the side mirror before turning left. Chansung managed to crawl his way into the passenger's seat again. Chandeul picked up Chansung and put him on the backseat, restraining him with his left arm.

"What's a hermit?" Chansung put his hand to his hyung's ear and whispered.

"It is someone who lives isolated from other people."

 

The younger one flicked his hair from his eyes and frowned when it wouldn't sit still. "What's isolated?"

"It means separated or away." The elder glanced at their father. "Whose Mrs Kim is it then, Appa and what does reserved chroms mean?" Chanyeol didn't  get to answer right away because Chansung broke free from his brother's restraints without them knowing.

"Appa red light!" He pointed at the stoplight but obscured Chanyeol's vision with his body completely.

"Chandeul, please get your brother out of my sight."

 

The younger thought it was a very cruel thing to say to a three year old who is only trying to help notice things that are not commonly noticeable for common average people so his immediate response was to shout very loudly at his brother not to take him away or to even touch him. Chandeul is normally very obedient and his immediate response was to pick his brother up.

 

"NO DON'T TOUCH ME! YOU ALL HATE ME! YOU ALL HATE ME! I WILL TELL EOMMA! YOU ALL HATE ME!"

"Chandeul please make your brother shut up."

"NOOOOOO!!!!! NO NO NONONONONONONONO I HATE YOU APPA I HATE YOU! I DON'T WANT TO GO TO AHJUSSI'S HOUSE ANYMORE I HATE YOU APPA!"

 

Suddenly Chansung flicked the car's lock, kicked the door and he went zooming out of the car. Chandeul immediately grabbed the back of his brother's shirt and the sleeve of his father's dress shirt. Chanyeol grabbed the stirring wheel tightly and they all looked like a circus show going at 40 km/h.

 

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

This chapter (along with all the previous ones tbvh) is actually lame. Please forgive me since I'm still trying to get over my very very extended writer's block. I would also like to formally ask your forgiveness for posting this chapter after more than a year. Believe me, I have tried to revise and post it so many times but it just wouldn't come out of me. I am truly sincerely apologetic bec of this (plus college is real hard).